Multiplayer mode

I was also thinking about this, something similar to what SimCity had in mind. working together to build a single park.

Another thought I had was maybe to allow other players to enter your park as a guest, they could walk around your park.. go on rides and offer feedback.
I think it could be a lot of fun to see your friends enjoying your park. [happy]

I don't know about having others working on my park, they might delete things that took me quite awhile to make and add things that I wouldn't want in my park.

I don't know about having others working on my park, they might delete things that took me quite awhile to make and add things that I wouldn't want in my park.

thats why there are options to stay single player, private (invite only) or public in every single multiplayer game. You can also save your work before hand. The intention is if your playing with a friend who might not be very good at the game, they can watch you build stuff, or you can work on things together like one person builds the coaster the other scenes it. However you want, obviously some people are just going to screw around but thats half the fun

OpenRCT2 has brought a lot of new life back into the classic game!

Last edited:
Yes I REALLY need there to be a cooperative building multiplayer, my friend won't buy Planet Coaster unless we can play together. [ugh]

The multiplayer option would be great. my idea:

in the main menu you can choose multiplayer and select a friend or up to 4 friends from steam or your pc friends list.
The person who create a multiplayer park and invite friends could choose the environment and game mode (sandbox, challenge)
The parkmap shows 2-4 separate sections and one prebuilt entree. (Dependent on players)
So, every player could build in his section. When saved and load, you can see the latest saved version of the section which build by the other players and will have impact on the park rating and financials. So real time building with all player wouldn't be needed. The gameplay allows every player to build in his own budget and little challenges between the players would make it more interesting and challenging. (Build a coaster in your section, rating of you section from...)

My idea is to be friends and work together while you talk on skype, I doubt they delete something that you want them to leave.

Imagine how that must run on some PC's who are already struggling with the game :p

I do hope we will get it in the future though when PC's are stronger

A game doesnt have to be multiplayer to be fun. FACT. Look at The Sims 4 and how many people play it which is a lot. Besides PC kind of alrady has multiplayer. The AI can be your friends and enjoying their reactions in your park youll have 3000+ friends. I have a full friends list on xbox 360 and would rather play this game rather than multiplayer minecraft.

The AI can be your friends and enjoying their reactions in your park youll have 3000+ friends
ummmm no

A game doesnt have to be multiplayer to be fun. FACT.
that would actually be an opinion, not a fact. Some people prefer playing games with friends rather than alone, that is their opinion. It doesnt mean the game is any less fun for you if somebody else enjoys it differently.

Look at The Sims 4 and how many people play it which is a lot. I have a full friends list on xbox 360 and would rather play this game rather than multiplayer minecraft.
Just because there are single player games, doesn't mean adding multiplayer would be a bad thing. OpenRCT2 revived RCT2 and has brought a whole new fan base to the game. People enjoy working together on things. If you think PC should be played alone by individuals, well that doesn't mean allowing other people to enjoy it together should be wrong.

I think a cooperative or multiplayer mode would suit the game so you can build or visit parks of your friends.

Wouldn't it be amazing if you could be a visitor / park guest to someone else's park? And visa-versa? See other players as a tiny guest walking around in your park. [yesnod]

I was also thinking about this, something similar to what SimCity had in mind. working together to build a single park.

Another thought I had was maybe to allow other players to enter your park as a guest, they could walk around your park.. go on rides and offer feedback.
I think it could be a lot of fun to see your friends enjoying your park. [happy]

Absolutely want this!!!

InfinityofLIght
InfinityFox

Top Bottom