Multiplayer Park Building

We don't talk about SimCity but more something like GTA V (don't look to Social Club) ;) For example: In the main menu you can choose singleplayer or multiplayer. It's your choice to choose on of them. That's the best for everyone. No SimCity things.

I have asked this queston to someone who went to the press event today :) He said he will ask it during the press event.

It's an interesting Concept, but I would prefer a more Single Player based, with some Multiplayer sprinks ontop (Unlike Maxis's Sim City 5 with it's All Multiplayer concept, without Single Player sprinkles.

We don't talk about SimCity but more something like GTA V (don't look to Social Club) ;) For example: In the main menu you can choose singleplayer or multiplayer. It's your choice to choose on of them. That's the best for everyone. No SimCity things.

Can't follow what you guys are saying right now..

Last edited:
yup. but i'll need fastpass queues, stuffed if i'm waiting 10 minutes to get on a ride.

For sure. But another way it might be done is that the ONLY guests in the park are real people visiting the park. You would see their avatars running around (just like Minecraft or Roblox.) The rides would only operate when you got on it. In a "hardcore" mode, another player would play the staff member and actually have to start the ride cycle, etc. I know this sort of sounds crazy, but this game could just possibly get this big and some of the best "virtual" theme parks could end up being as popular as real life parks.

"What if..."

Oof -

Would this be amazing? Yep. Is it implementable - nope.

The moment we are talking multiplayer - youre talking server space. PlanCo has like zero zerver space from the frontier side of things - at least in comparison to Elite Dangerous or even the minimal amount of server space provided to PlanZoo. This would require Fronteir dropping a bunch of cash on well in their product cycles - is a rather old title.

Unless then you want to talk about "hosting" which would - well then bring in problems due to Denuvo and all that great stuff.

This is also core game feature level of design. You dont really slap this in 4 years into a games life-cycle, as your engine most certainly hasnt been built around that concept.

There is a LOT to go into making something multiplayer, especially when we are talking about editting spaces.

I'd encourage you to keep pushing for it in future titles (I mean even Planet Zoo is a step forward in "online" play) , but I can promise, promise, promise, promise PROMISE you- you wont see PlanCo go MP in this product run.

I guess im encouraging everyone to remember where we are in the life of this game, and that the best we can ask for is dlc content, and QOL updates that are managable by a team that gets smaller as the game gets older.

Last edited:
Thats an awesome idea. I would love to build a park with friends either in sandbox mode or maybe a challenge mode where we have a series of challenges for the park we are building that we need to beat.

Top Bottom