Murder rates increasing

My goal is not to start a debate of open vs. solo but rather to ask a simple question. Have you noticed an increase in senseless murders lately, in open? I've always preferred to play in open and accept murder as part of the game and actually have fun when a "gentleman pirate" interdicts me. Recently though, I've seen an uptick in murder rates, particularly near the engineers, and especially near Felicity Farseer. I can only assume it's because it's the first place people go after buying a new ship, especially when they're new to the game. Any thoughts on the subject?

I’d imagine “senseless” would mean an attack with no comms or even a slight attempt at roleplay or anything other than pewpewdeath.
This. I've been hit several times in the past week by commanders who simply interdict and then open fire, with no comms or indication why they want to kill me. As I stated earlier, I typically fly in open, and accept murder as part of the game. I'm just curious why and I've noticed an uptick in this sort of activity.

My goal is not to start a debate of open vs. solo but rather to ask a simple question. Have you noticed an increase in senseless murders lately, in open? I've always preferred to play in open and accept murder as part of the game and actually have fun when a "gentleman pirate" interdicts me. Recently though, I've seen an uptick in murder rates, particularly near the engineers, and especially near Felicity Farseer. I can only assume it's because it's the first place people go after buying a new ship, especially when they're new to the game. Any thoughts on the subject?

My thought is that if someone showed me your post I wouldn't be able to guess in which year this was posted. :)

I certainly have seen more of it in the past year (and I haven't even been playing all that much). Heck, nobody sez anything, it's just pew pew pew every time now.

I miss the days when a pirate would interdict you and we'd have a nice chat once we got the negotiating out of the way.

The rate of me murdering CMDRs in anything then pre-arranged (aka emergent) fights went up from 0 to 1 in the last week.
Make of that what you want 😆

I guess the answer is "it's as always..." I calculated a statistical error of 2.8 % by the way.

OP, are you talking about the Inara Security Report at all?

Up until relatively recently (I can't remember exactly, past couple months?) it only collected data from participating PC Commanders. It now includes participating XBOX and PS4 players too.

Lack of CGs and the new IIs being less frequent would also contribute.

Top Bottom