Murder rates increasing

Same old pattern. Someone encounters some players who try to kill him without a word, perhaps even succeed. He gets to forums and wonders about their motivations and people get awfully defensive. But yes, I have noted the increase of these players around Deciat especially. Used to be that when I got into these starting engineer spots, I might get someone attacking me, but the last time I went to Deciat, there was at least 3 of them there. The fellow who interdicted me was really persistent too. Followed to another system even. Luckily I had seen the Inara reports and made to sure go use my fast Courier in Open.

DeletedUser191218

D
This. I've been hit several times in the past week by commanders who simply interdict and then open fire, with no comms or indication why they want to kill me. As I stated earlier, I typically fly in open, and accept murder as part of the game. I'm just curious why and I've noticed an uptick in this sort of activity.

You probably know why. Open gaming with no restriction just attracts every cretinous loser going. It's driven many a player away from open entirely (myself including). I play in Mobius now....which is basically solo on PS4. Just accept some people are anti-social and derive fun from trying to ruin other people's game experience. Braben has already intimated in the past he is acutely aware how this behaviour tends to ruin open mmo type games. The uptick in ganking is ironically likely to lead to restrictions on ganking.

have been telling you guys all along, alliance is the same scum as feds and imps, just poorer.

sorry, mr self entitled, to happen to be running missions in your own private galaxy like a filthy infidel! :D

actually, things being different you would be giving me a good motivation to do exactly that. but i bet you must be already really enraged about cheats upsetting your precious bgs. there's an interesting thread about it, go take a look, and have your say :p
Dude, If you are running missions in Achenar, Nanomam, Rhea, Gateway, then you are either working FOR or AGAINST that power.

There are no “If”s or “but”s.
Everything you do affects the BGS.

It’s a big galaxy, do some homework about the system you are in and who it belongs to - or go somewhere else.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Ask yourself, what's special about Deciat? There are two obvious reasons for ganking there:
(1) It's the first engineer players unlock, so you can find inexperienced pilots to attack.
(2) There's a good chance that someone arriving there has just trogged all the way from Maia with one meta-alloy on board: max salt if you destroy them.

I just don't think people who are attracted to inexperienced victims and salt will be at all interested in a place where real PvP is on offer. Providing PvP content therefore won't change the situation in Deciat at all.

This.

There might not be a lot of complex gameplay in ED related to PvP but, frankly, combat isn't a terribly complex pursuit.
PvPers who genuinely want to fight other PvPers can surely join factions/squadrons in order to get their pew-pew jollies.

It's kind of like driving your car like a loony and then moaning that you're only doing it 'cos there isn't a racing circuit nearby.
If you actually wanted to race against other people who also wanted to race, you'd make the effort to go to a racing circuit.
If you don't, chances are that all you really want is to act like a tool.

Of course, there are heaps of PvPers who like to test themselves against other players with similar intentions.
There are also plenty of jerks though.

Dude, If you are running missions in Achenar, Nanomam, Rhea, Gateway, then you are either working FOR or AGAINST that power.

There are no “If”s or “but”s.
Everything you do affects the BGS.

It’s a big galaxy, do some homework about the system you are in and who it belongs to - or go somewhere else.
Well, if you sort your void Opal pricing I might dump a few loads.
See, a Fed prepared to help Alliance. (y)

which is irrelevant to me. but feel free to gather more enemies!

if these delusions are a frequent phenomenon, it would be worth checking. or you simply have a fascist mindset. same.

This seems like a reason to participate in Power Play. It gives PvP'ers a reason to hunt each other and in a semi-legal way. If I'm killed by someone from an opposing faction, I chalk it up to the price of playing politics.

This is what I would call murder or "ganking". Piracy would involve robbery or making demands of some sort. This is, of course, just my opinion.

Totally agree, that’s why I’m a big proponent of open only powerplay. It was originally designed as a PvP mechanic. I guarantee it would cut down on a lot of senseless murder. Currently nobody bothers because most powerplay groups (except Archon that I know) actually encourages players to haul forts in pg.

Totally agree, that’s why I’m a big proponent of open only powerplay. It was originally designed as a PvP mechanic. I guarantee it would cut down on a lot of senseless murder. Currently nobody bothers because most powerplay groups (except Archon that I know) actually encourages players to haul forts in pg.
This makes sense to me. As it stands now, it's extremely rare that I have any opposition while doing my Power Play work. In fact, it's rare that I see anyone from opposing factions attempting to impede me in anyway. I'm not suggesting I want to get destroyed every day but, the occasional Power Play conflict would make it more rewarding.

Kind of ironic that I do all my PP leaflet-drops in Open, just as a matter of principle, but all the people who might take issue with what I'm doing are actually pottering around in Solo.

I'm actually off to do some later so if you see my Cutter (the "Fehu's Prize") be sure to give me a wave. :p

Yes the murder rate is increasing, mostly because cmdrs are getting so bored with the game but since they love the game still they want to continue playing... but... theres no more content they like... so they go ganking

And yes, Some people don't want to explore, or don't want to trade, and thats fine, that and when some one calls you a "Psychopath" because you killed some one in a game, then you remember call of duty games or GTA and then you see why doctors are saying gaming addiction is now a thing XD

My goal is not to start a debate of open vs. solo but rather to ask a simple question. Have you noticed an increase in senseless murders lately, in open? I've always preferred to play in open and accept murder as part of the game and actually have fun when a "gentleman pirate" interdicts me. Recently though, I've seen an uptick in murder rates, particularly near the engineers, and especially near Felicity Farseer. I can only assume it's because it's the first place people go after buying a new ship, especially when they're new to the game. Any thoughts on the subject?

They did add some cushions for new players. I happen to find the easier it is to get into the game, the more of those people will tend be around.

Dumped biowaste in station, robbed all their HGEs, tried to steal Nav Beacon.
What sort of fiend would actually import Biowaste just to dump in the air lock of an enemy Power capital?

Edmund Mahon ≠ the Alliance.
No, indeed. Quite right, he’s only the Prime Minister of the Alliance Of Independent Systems.
He is not actually all the Alliance NPCs, all the Alliance Systems, all the Alliance Minor Factions, all the Alliance Groups, or even all the Alliance CMDRs. He's not the Alioith Council, he's not the Council of Admirals, he's not Mick Turner, he's not Meredith Argent (but he's old enough to have been part of that uprising). He's not Vectron or J Trinity or Mangal or Daryth or Crashbox or Ulon. He's not even Saool and he's not me.
He's Frontier's Alliance sock puppet.

So who are the Alliance?

We are!

We - the CMDRs who make the Alliance happen.
We - the CMDRs who identify as Alliance, who join Alliance teams, who haul fortifications for Mahon, who expand Alliance minor factions, who talk up the Alliance, who defend it, who promote it.
The CMDRs who answer the call when it comes.

We are the ones who chose the underdog and turned it into a success.
We are 0.94% of CMDRs and we make a difference.
K2Idf43.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom