Mutations Wishlist

What mutations would you want? List them here. Nothing too obscure please. I already think the spotless cheetah wasn't a good choice since king cheetahs are a much more common mutation. Here are mine:

1. King Cheetah
2. Pseudo-Melanistic Tiger
3. Piebald Peafowl
4. Stripeless White Tiger
5. Golden "Tabby" Tiger (very important that people see that these and white tigers are just mutations, not species that need preservation)
6. Peach Peafowl (these are real)
7. Black Timber Wolves
8. Brown Timber Wolves

Or, for more subtle color variations...

1. Lions with dark manes
2. Tigers with lighter fur
3. Flamingos with brigher pink feathers
4. Peafowl with more or less spots

I hope that if enough people keep supporting new mutations the devs will add them. They are less work than adding full animals and require no new animations. If any developers are reading this, I am sorry if I sound demanding. You are doing a great job creating an amazing game and it is worth every cent I payed for it. Thank you!

My big ones:

1. African Wild Dogs
These guys are so strikingly varied. I think we need white patch variations at least (5-10 varieties or combinations). From low content white like this:
99877164-BB38-491F-AAC0-7D0EE7EBB28A.jpeg

to higher content:
69866679-D532-49C5-AD80-9F6F4ABFC037.jpeg

I would be happy if they only added white patch overlays with different varieties, but it would be cool to have different brown and yellow patches too.

2. Bengal Tiger:
Golden tabby, double black striped (thicker black stripes), stripeless.
D822A6F4-7396-460B-8885-2340EE918250.jpeg

3. Cheetah
King cheetah.
E740C12C-C58C-4CC2-800C-FDC6ECF6E556.jpeg

4. Greater Flamingo
Varied shades of pink. Maybe this could be done with one overlay layer, or pink patches?

5. Wolves
Maybe not white, because we have the arctic wolf. But grey, dark grey, “wolf” grey, orange, brown, dark brown and black, as shown below.
83BDC4EE-0946-4C63-AB1A-0ECA4CE42658.jpeg

6. Lions
Darker manes (maybe 3 different shades?). Tawny, darker tan, cream body variants. Kind of like these:
778E8485-4E62-4928-9398-2A926FE482CD.jpeg

More subtle stuff would just be a lighter shade or darker shade for animals like bison, bongo, bears, etc. Can’t wait to see what the devs design for us, and to have them in game! Looking forward to what you guys want to see too.

Attachments

• 2BA7E53E-F4A8-4CFA-A66B-0BCD912C9B37.jpeg
    2BA7E53E-F4A8-4CFA-A66B-0BCD912C9B37.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 460
And when I think of mutations, I think of things like down syndrome, Jacob's syndrome, additional body parts, change of Nitrogenic acid, etc etc...

Sorry. Just learned about mutations at school.

Thanks to @Indoraptor27 for granting me the permission to add these suggestions to his thread.The pictures are hidden under spoiler tags,that way they won't take up much space on the screen,unless you open them of course.If the pictures from imgur appear blank on the forum,just click on them and you should be redirected to imgur,where you can see them.Rightful credit to the different sites providing those pictures.
I won't cover wolves in this list -even if they are one of the species I'm most specialized in,because a lot of people already gave some good suggestions regarding their colour variants.

African Buffalo
-different shades of black: lighter,darker,dark-grayish
-brown
(- horn variants would make individuals even more visually unique)
buffalo1.jpg

buffalo2.jpg

buffalo3.jpg

African Elephant
-different shades of gray: lighter,darker
(-tusk variants would make individuals even more visually unique)
elephant2.jpg

elephant1.jpg

African Wild Dog
-would be awesome if some kind of randomizer system could be implemented,which makes the patterns/markings truly unique (rather than a fixed number of e.g. 10 patterns,which can occur multiple times - but that's just me dreaming I don't know if such a randomizer would be possible.Would fit AWDs,Wolves,Reindeer etc.)
-bigger/smaller yellow patched,bigger/smaller white patched,bigger/smaller black patched individuals

American Bison
-different shades of brown: lighter,darker almost black looking
-isabelline (cream,blonde)

Bactrian Camel
-different shades of brown: lighter,darker almost black,reddish-brown
-leucistic;piebald (partial leucism) ;isabelline (cream,blonde)

Bengal Tiger
-all mutations can occur in the wild,but they are extremely rare
-selective inbreeding is the cause for a higher ratio in captivity and the fact that we can see where our animals are coming from ingame (e.g. description private zoo/rescue) made me include these mutations

-different shades of orange: lighter,darker
-pseudo-melanistic,leucistic stripeless and "golden tabby"

Bongo
- different shades of red/brown: lighter,darker,brown almost black patches especially on older males

Cheetah
- pseudo-melanistic or better known as "King Cheetah" with different intensity

Common Warthog
- different shades of gray,black,brown/reddish: lighter,darker,body fur and "mane fur" different colours

Gemsbok
-thicker,thinner black markings on the back/legs/stomach area
-isabelline "golden" gemsbok

Greater Flamingo
-different shades of pink
-melanistic

Grizzly Bear
-different shades of brown,gray,black: lighter,darker,mixed,brown almost looking reddish
-the same fur colours can be applied to the Himalayan Brown Bear except the really dark ones,because they tend to have lighter fur colour in general

Formosan Black Bear
- the "golden moon bear"

Indian Elephant
-different shades of gray,black: lighter,darker,different de-pigmentation(can be caused by musth,but doesn't need to in reallife)

Indian Peafowl
-melanistic,isabelline(cream,peach,bronze etc.),piebald,chimerism

Indian Rhinoceros
-different shades of gray: lighter,darker (the picture below sums it up pretty well)

Zebra
-leucistic "golden" zebra is already ingame,but there are still other leucistic and erythristic types like brown or almost orange striping (newborn foals often tend to have brown stripes,which later turn into black,but there are cases in which they don't)
-more than 50% of the Plain's Zebra population still carries the so called Quagga-Gene (you can see a foal with that mutation below)
-pseudo-melanism;the "chocolate zebra" is part of this category

Reticulated Giraffe
-pseudo/-melanistic

Spotted Hyena
-different shades of brown and orange: lighter,darker
-leucistic (if not already ingame)

Lion
-different coat colour and mane colour shades: lighter,darker,black for manes(especially very healthy males,with a high testosterone level) - no black fur
-mane variations

Reindeer
-different shades of brown,black,white,yellow,gray: lighter,darker full body,mixed + different markings (full body white already ingame)
-melanistic,piebald,isabelline (cream,blonde)
(- antler variants would make individuals even more visually unique)

Springbok
-different shades of brown,black,yellow,white
-pseudo/-melanistic,isabelline (cream,blonde),piebald

Last edited:
The timber wolf variants can really pull from literally every kind of wolf in the world, since that's what it is (including the Arctic wolf).

Truthfully I’d just be happy with color variations. Of course I wouldn’t object to unique variations. But mostly just darker shades and lighter would make me happy. Black jaguar and leopard variants if we got them. Lion mane variations and body color shades. Wolves different color variations.
79788264-40F2-44CB-A52A-16F12DD3D8B6.jpeg
CBE73E48-AB40-45B0-A740-F41E9AC414BF.jpeg

Elephants would also work on rhinos.
62AC9AD7-CE0E-4491-A534-1B73D163EC6E.jpeg

Fang from African Cats
48FA369E-151E-4E16-AC7C-223AC1BF248C.jpeg

His rival Khali aka Notch
267B805C-F3D5-4AC1-BC2C-A80630D589EC.jpeg

And of course the dark phase jaguar.

Thanks to @Indoraptor27 for granting me the permission to add these suggestions to his thread.The pictures are hidden under spoiler tags,that way they won't take up much space on the screen,unless you open them of course.If the pictures from imgur appear blank on the forum,just click on them and you should be redirected to imgur,where you can see them.Rightful credit to the different sites providing those pictures.
I won't cover wolves in this list -even if they are one of the species I'm most specialized in,because a lot of people already gave some good suggestions regarding their colour variants.

African Buffalo
-different shades of black: lighter,darker,dark-grayish
-brown

African Elephant
-different shades of gray: lighter,darker

African Wild Dog
-would be awesome if some kind of randomizer system could be implemented,which makes the patterns/markings truly unique (rather than a fixed number of e.g. 10 patterns,which can occur multiple times - but that's just me dreaming I don't know if such a randomizer would be possible.Would fit AWDs,Wolves,Reindeer etc.)
-bigger/smaller yellow patched,bigger/smaller white patched,bigger/smaller black patched individuals

American Bison
-different shades of brown: lighter,darker almost black looking
-isabelline (cream,blonde)

Bactrian Camel
-different shades of brown: lighter,darker almost black,reddish-brown
-leucistic;piebald (partial leucism) ;isabelline (cream,blonde)

Bengal Tiger
-all mutations can occur in the wild,but they are extremely rare
-selective inbreeding is the cause for a higher ratio in captivity and the fact that we can see where our animals are coming from ingame (e.g. description private zoo/rescue) made me include these mutations

-pseudo-melanistic,leucistic stripeless and "golden tabby"

Bongo
- different shades of red/brown: lighter,darker,brown almost black patches especially on older males

Cheetah
- pseudo-melanistic or better known as "King Cheetah" with different intensity

Common Warthog
- different shades of gray,black,brown/reddish: lighter,darker,body fur and "mane fur" different colours

Gemsbok
-thicker,thinner black markings on the back/legs/stomach area
-isabelline "golden" gemsbok

Greater Flamingo
-different shades of pink
-melanistic

Grizzly Bear
-different shades of brown,gray,black: lighter,darker,mixed,brown almost looking reddish
-the same fur colours can be applied to the Himalayan Brown Bear except the really dark ones,because they tend to have lighter fur colour in general

Formosan Black Bear
- the "golden moon bear"

Indian Elephant
-different shades of gray,black: lighter,darker,different de-pigmentation(can be caused by musth,but doesn't need to in reallife)

Indian Peafowl
-melanistic,isabelline(cream,peach,bronze etc.),piebald,chimerism

Indian Rhinoceros
-different shades of gray: lighter,darker (the picture below sums it up pretty well)

Zebra
-leucistic "golden" zebra is already ingame,but there are still other leucistic types like brown or almost orange striping (newborn foals often tend to have brown stripes,which later turn into black,but there are cases in which they don't)
-more than 50% of the Plain's Zebra population still carries the so called Quagga-Gene (you can see a foal with that mutation below)
-pseudo-melanism;the "chocolate zebra" is part of this category

Reticulated Giraffe
-pseudo/-melanistic

Spotted Hyena
-different shades of brown and orange: lighter,darker
-leucistic (if not already ingame)

Lion
-different coat colour and mane colour shades: lighter,darker,black for manes(especially very healthy males,with a high testosterone level) - no black fur
-mane variations

Reindeer
-different shades of brown,black,white,yellow,gray: lighter,darker full body,mixed + different markings (full body white already ingame)
-melanistic,piebald,isabelline (cream,blonde)
(- antler variants would make individuals even more visually unique)

Springbok
-different shades of brown,black,yellow,white
-pseudo/-melanistic,isabelline (cream,blonde),piebald
I really love all of them. As I mentioned in your previous Thread, I think a Randomizer for African Wild Dogs would be possible. But I don't know how difficult it would be to implement it. Horn-, Antler-, and Tusk-Variants could also be possible because another Game already did this

I really love all of them. As I mentioned in your previous Thread, I think a Randomizer for African Wild Dogs would be possible. But I don't know how difficult it would be to implement it. Horn-, Antler-, and Tusk-Variants could also be possible because another Game already did this

Yea,I'm in the same boat,I don't know how difficult it would be to implement a randomizer in Planet Zoo or if it would be even possible at all.Fact is it would make every individual animal of African Wild Dogs,Gray Wolves etc. literally visually unique and the chance of having two indentical animals would be extremely low.
We are most likely thinking about the same game and because of that I'm very confident that Frontier could make that feature even better.

I want the wolf variations so badly, but it makes me wonder how they will they deal with that because they have already implemented the arctic coat variation as a separate species so I wonder if they would just do that for all of them (which would be unfortunate because the fun part is breeding different mutations) Or will they scrap the separate arctic wolf species and make it a color variant for one wolf species. Idk if they could do that, because it would be removing content from their DLC which people payed for and giving it to players without the DLC for free so idk. Although they could make it impossible to produce that variant or won it unless you have the pack maybe?

Top Bottom