MWSOG: Milky Way Society of Organics and Geology

About 30 or so jumps away.

The funny thing is, where I'm at now (near the "roof") seems to be full of neutron stars. But every one was tagged as I continued my climb. Until my last jump. I figured this one would be tagged to, but, no. It was mine to claim. And those to NSP to boot. So, I closed down for the night and resumed today. Next jump out, another untagged neutron. It just that, in four years of playing, this is the most neutrons stars I've ever seen this close together. I'm almost tempted to scan the galmap for more neutrons that might also be untagged, but I think I need to continue my journey.

But yea, time to return to the station and make my claim permanent and then forward from there. :)
I can insure You that both (NS and phenomenon) in the layers Y:+/- 1000-1200 Ly are quite common, even if undiscovered yet.
As a frequent user of the NS-Highway between Bubble and Colonia (made the trip some +25 times already), still more than 80% of the NS I hit are undiscovered.... Aside from popular Highways this margin is much higher of course.....

Well that's just a little bit disappointing. For those who are following my HO to BP thread I am just over 8kly from BP, and here I am thinking I will need to start plotting with jumponium soon, so I have built a stock up all ready. So I have 150 of premium boost Jumponium the maximum possible, to see how soon I would need to start using it I selected Beagle Point and tried to plot a course directly from where I was at the edge of the Archeron sector. So I wait for a few seconds....and it plots me a course straight there! :eek:

So The Long Way Home can take me there directly, a surprise indeed, with luck I will find some interesting stuff in that last 8kly.
usually with ship capable of more than 34 Lj You shouldn´t need Jumponium until BP at all (Route 33), only for Ishums Reach You´ll need some doping

usually with ship capable of more than 34 Lj You shouldn´t need Jumponium until BP at all (Route 33), only for Ishums Reach You´ll need some doping

So I have discovered, oh well, I used a few to get to Ishum's Reach after BP and am now heading on to my next way point.

Hi there.

I have spent several weeks exploring Bloody Haze nebula. Mainly A and B stars. There is a wide catalog of non-intelligent life and geological sites, it is worth visiting.

Bark Mounds:

ukxBzrE.png

qtK2geH.jpg

Anemones:

Hf6mR3I.jpg

XkOBNiq.png

Capsule Mollusc (Luteolum and Lindigoticum):

ujCKl5K.png

Myamu62.png

WakNatJ.png

Notable Phenomena:

8Z06Q4y.png

nSLR2cd.png

VrttygH.png

An ofc geological sites:

jbrBphB.png

GTu4sVW.png

YHuyRPu.png

I've finally gotten around to spending some quality time out in the black.

I've got a question for everyone: What is the highest number of unique types of geological or biological sites you've seen on a body? For instance, on one body I saw three types: Silicate Magma Lava Spouts, Sulfur Dioxide Geysers, and Sulfur Dioxide Fumaroles. My guess is that a body can only have up to 3 unique types, ditto for biological sites. Am I wrong?

I have not seen more than one type of biological site in the same body so far. Geological sites are more varied, as you say, I have not found more than 3 types in the same body

I have not seen more than one type of biological site in the same body so far. Geological sites are more varied, as you say, I have not found more than 3 types in the same body

Gotcha.

I know in the days before 3.3 CMDR Baton managed to find 3 types of bio sites on the same body: Brain Trees, Bark Mounds, and Pumpkins. That's why I feel bio sites have the same cap as geo sites (i.e. 3).

I'm getting lazy with the new exploration tools. We no longer use brute force, glide or planetary surveys. Even having the list of all the pois after the detailed scan most of the time I do not visit them all. It's time to change that

After conducting a full geological survey of 3 Rocky Bodies, 2 Icy Bodies, and 1 HMC, I have come across a total of 7 unique geological smoke colors:

1) White
2) Green
3) Purple
4) Cyan
5) Red/Pink
6) Yellow
7) Orange

The Icy Bodies were more generous with color diversity, each having 5 unique ones. Most of the sites on Rocky Bodies just had white smoke, but one body had 3 unique colors: white, green, and orange.

How many unique colors have you guys identified? How many unique colors on a single body?

Below are examples of each one above:

White:
hMUFOU6.jpg

Green:
7wJ5Z4U.jpg

Purple:
5QewYU1.jpg

Cyan:
tv40utj.jpg

Red/Pink:
sIssVew.jpg

Yellow:
dBFVNXn.jpg

Orange:
cC0PFPv.jpg

Say hello to Spoihaae XE-X d2-9 A 1, the very improbable planet with a perihelion that comes within kissing distance of this White Dwarf.

This is Geological Site #21. Quite possibly one of the top 5 sites in the galaxy.

DO NOT watch this event from your ship, do so from your SRV to avoid instant destruction.

LWvefFJ.gif

Hallo there,

I have spent the last 2 weeks searching for Anemone Sites in the Regions Sanguinious Rim, Achilles Altar and currently Lyra´s Song. I have found several sites and a connection between Full Spectral Class of the B-System and suitable Planets for bioluminiscent Roseum -and Rubeum- Anemones.

vtw5Snpl.jpg

6 out of 8 new Roseum finds were in Systems with Spectral Class B8IIIab, if they had any landable planets at all, and if those landable planets had volcanism, gravity between 0,91g and 3,78g, temperature range 492K - 1434K. I have found 2 exceptions with spectral class B8IIIa and B9IIIab - which both are close to B8IIIab.

A search on edsm for Roseum-Anemones in the inner-orion-spur yields more star-systems, which differ in their spectral call but still share the same class III luminosity.

Planetary conditions for Rubeum-Anemones seem to be similar to those of Roseum Anemones, but their habitat differs in spectral class of the star-system.
Rubeum can be found in B9 VI-Star systems (but only 2 finds in Achilles Altar)

These findings have been confirmed by Cmdr Pirx in the Inner-Scutum-Centauri Region. He also could add B9 Vab to the candidate systems for Rubeum-Anemones.

I have visited 453 B-Star-Systems in the last 2 weeks - most of here were B-something Vz, many of them (esp B0 Vz) had no planets at all. Other B-Star-Systems were B6-9 with various luminosity-classes and they had planets, but none of those had bioluminiscent anemones. So paying attention to the spectral class makes identifying candidate systems much easier - either by searching on edsm or manually on the galmap.

I have not found any System with the Blatteum Variety. I´d expect them to be in systems with luminosity IV or V but no luck so far ...
I also wonder, if there can be more than one Anemone variety in 1 System - I have found 1 System with a B8 IIIab and a B9 VI Star. But all landable planets in the system had no volcanism and gravity was to small for anemones.

Safe travels!

Hallo there,

I have spent the last 2 weeks searching for Anemone Sites in the Regions Sanguinious Rim, Achilles Altar and currently Lyra´s Song. I have found several sites and a connection between Full Spectral Class of the B-System and suitable Planets for bioluminiscent Roseum -and Rubeum- Anemones.

6 out of 8 new Roseum finds were in Systems with Spectral Class B8IIIab, if they had any landable planets at all, and if those landable planets had volcanism, gravity between 0,91g and 3,78g, temperature range 492K - 1434K. I have found 2 exceptions with spectral class B8IIIa and B9IIIab - which both are close to B8IIIab.

A search on edsm for Roseum-Anemones in the inner-orion-spur yields more star-systems, which differ in their spectral call but still share the same class III luminosity.

Planetary conditions for Rubeum-Anemones seem to be similar to those of Roseum Anemones, but their habitat differs in spectral class of the star-system.
Rubeum can be found in B9 VI-Star systems (but only 2 finds in Achilles Altar)

These findings have been confirmed by Cmdr Pirx in the Inner-Scutum-Centauri Region. He also could add B9 Vab to the candidate systems for Rubeum-Anemones.

I have visited 453 B-Star-Systems in the last 2 weeks - most of here were B-something Vz, many of them (esp B0 Vz) had no planets at all. Other B-Star-Systems were B6-9 with various luminosity-classes and they had planets, but none of those had bioluminiscent anemones. So paying attention to the spectral class makes identifying candidate systems much easier - either by searching on edsm or manually on the galmap.

I have not found any System with the Blatteum Variety. I´d expect them to be in systems with luminosity IV or V but no luck so far ...
I also wonder, if there can be more than one Anemone variety in 1 System - I have found 1 System with a B8 IIIab and a B9 VI Star. But all landable planets in the system had no volcanism and gravity was to small for anemones.

Safe travels!

Wow, 453 B star systems! Thank you for reporting your results, this was a very impressive effort.

Question: Of the 453 systems, how many of them had non-bioluminiscent Anemones? Of course, many of those probably didn't have landable planets.

Wow, 453 B star systems! Thank you for reporting your results, this was a very impressive effort.

Question: Of the 453 systems, how many of them had non-bioluminiscent Anemones? Of course, many of those probably didn't have landable planets.

None, however the bulk of the Systems with B0 Vz was in the western Part of Achilles Altar, most of them had no planets at all. If they had other bodies, often there were some T-Tauri dwarfs, some Gas Giants with only 1-4 Rocky bodies. None of the latter had biological lifeforms. Later I specifically targeted B8 IIIab and B9 VI Systems in order to estimate the lower thresholds for gravitation and temperature range better.
In these I also checked the moons with volcanism but no biological lifeforms there.

I´d be happy to find one.

Is it just me? Or is the "MAGMA" version of everything simply rare??

Magma versions are certainly less common, but I wouldn't go as far as say they are rare.

The thing I'm having trouble finding are Methane and Nitrogen volcanism. I managed to find the latter this evening, but it was after scanning many dozens of Icy Bodies. I have yet to find my own Methane sites.

Any suggestions on how to deal with the boredom of hopping around a 2100+ km radius body with 47 geo sites looking for something that has already been reported as being there?

I am on a 150 system survey run and stumbled into a system that the CODEX says something has been reported in. So I decided to try and confirm it.

This system says it also has something that has not even been reported yet.

Any suggestions on how to deal with the boredom of hopping around a 2100+ km radius body with 47 geo sites looking for something that has already been reported as being there?

I am on a 150 system survey run and stumbled into a system that the CODEX says something has been reported in. So I decided to try and confirm it.

This system says it also has something that has not even been reported yet.

Ok. Managed to make a "CONFIRMATION" of one thing after 14 hops.
On a different moon now that says it has something that has never been found. So far 9 hops and nothing new. 18 more hops possible but I have already in other systems done over 50 hops on two bodies and not found it even though the Data Sheet for the bodies have said it should be there.

Magma versions are certainly less common, but I wouldn't go as far as say they are rare.

The thing I'm having trouble finding are Methane and Nitrogen volcanism. I managed to find the latter this evening, but it was after scanning many dozens of Icy Bodies. I have yet to find my own Methane sites.

I am getting tired of hunting unicorns. Now visited some 70 Geo Sites on bodies that say they have the Magma I am looking for and so far NOTHING..

Four types of anemones in one system:

dw2-07a-031-biosyskhk6h.jpg

dw2-07a-025-biogtk9l.jpg

dw2-07a-026-biopekxt.jpg

dw2-07a-027-bioglkr1.jpg

dw2-07a-028-biog0j7v.jpg

dw2-07a-029-biohyjxo.jpg

dw2-07a-030-bioz4k11.jpg

But only one species on each planet. Would be interesting to know whether mixed occurrences are possible nowadays. Both different species (e.g. Bark Mounds + Anemones) and different types of the same species (e.g. Anemones or Brain Trees) on one celestial body ...

Ok, Found one of these as fumerols and geysers. Still cannot find the Magma.
Found another body that says it has magma and I am going looking for the unicorn again.

Top Bottom