My feedback on the guardian structures: the good, the bad and the insane

So, after having done the guardian structures over and over, I think it's time for some feedback.

Firstly: I think there's two layouts as of now, one for module BPs and one for weapon BPs, at least that's all the ones I came over. They were wonderfully intriguing to explore, the sound design was AAA and they also were a bit challenging (even though the biggest challenge is maneuvering the SRV with lo-grav).

But Fdev seem to have the tendency to beat their content to death so that even the most awesome experience becomes quite a grind. You need 22 weapon BPs to unlock all of the new currently availible guardian weps, which means doing the ruin 5-10 minutes everytime and relogging. I find this a bit too much. three BPs per weapon would have sufficed. There is absolutely no difference between the runs, it's all the same, but we're all used to this and can live with it i guess :rolleyes:.

The thing that really was most disturbing for me is that they actually throw a wrench on your head when you try to do ruins in Multiplayer: Planet exploration is a lot of fun, especially with people. However, only one person can scan the data core at a time. After that it has to be reactivated plus a relic has to be sacrificed again, making you effectively take longer in Multiplayer and punishing you for cooperation and limiting your scans to 3-4 depending on the site. [alien]

- Please give players a 30-second timeframe to scan the data core after opening it, this makes joint expeditions a lot less of a chore

- Consider instead to up enemy presence when there's multiple players

But Fdev seem to have the tendency to beat their content to death so that even the most awesome experience becomes quite a grind. You need 22 weapon BPs to unlock all of the new currently availible guardian weps, which means doing the ruin 5-10 minutes everytime and relogging. I find this a bit too much. three BPs per weapon would have sufficed. There is absolutely no difference between the runs, it's all the same, but we're all used to this and can live with it i guess :rolleyes:.
It should have been 1 per. Not 4, not 8, not 10. ONE!
I did the repetitive grind already... but that's no reason everybody else should have to.

The thing that really was most disturbing for me is that they actually throw a wrench on your head when you try to do ruins in Multiplayer: Planet exploration is a lot of fun, especially with people. However, only one person can scan the data core at a time. After that it has to be reactivated plus a relic has to be sacrificed again, making you effectively take longer in Multiplayer and punishing you for cooperation and limiting your scans to 3-4 depending on the site. [alien]

- Please give players a 30-second timeframe to scan the data core after opening it, this makes joint expeditions a lot less of a chore

- Consider instead to up enemy presence when there's multiple players
That is just plain stupid.
Everyone in the instance should be able to scan the data core.
If what you say is really true, I suggest opening a bug report for it. (a "bug" in the design is still a problem that needs fixing)

Top Bottom