My findings on the Oswald-Eugene counter

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Started playing on my PS4 pro last night to see how the counter ticks as such. Now it may be different on different consoles but the findings are interesting. I also was playing in 4k. The game specifically told me my hdmi port was not configured for it but could be so I did.

• terrain/guests/staff seem to have no/minimal effect
  • flat rides for my console are worth 1 percent each
  • Scenery has a small effect. You can place quite a lot without a counter change. I haven't tried comparing many different textures or glass to see if it has a bigger effect.
  • paths are a big killer. I guess it might be accounting for pathfinding logic and guests? If I built a flat ride with small / medium entrance and exit paths that's 1 percent for the ride plus around 2 or 3 for the paths.
  • Coasters/track rides make a big difference. Especially with a raised coaster with lots of generated supports. But a small coaster or track ride could be 2 or 3 percent on my console.

I tried to fill a map and counter as quick as I could with varied things. I ended up with 7 coasters, one of them raised high taking over 10 percent. 4 track/water rides. 3 flats, 10 themed shop blueprints. Some of the track/water/coaster rides were themed blueprints. And I placed quite a few trees and random scenery blueprints.

For me and the kind of things I build this will be plenty I feel. And the game runs beautifully. The UI and controls are great.

I know some like to fill their parks with huge coasters or embed thousands of scenary objects into each other, and on this generation of console if building a huge park, these things are going to be challenging.

Last edited:
I know some like to fill their parks with huge coasters or embed thousands of scenary objects into each other, and on this generation of console if building a huge park, these things are going to be challenging.

What surprises me, is people expecting to have the same content and performance run on their 400,- console, while I had to spend at least 1000 on my pc to get good performance from this game. (note: I already had a powerful pc, so I did not really bought a new one).

That's what you get with consoles. You are (*sort off) cheaping out, and thus should not expect the same as a PC.
(edit: I just want to iterate, a console is not a bad thing. It's just different. Loads of games on consoles don't share the same quality as the pc versions. Consoles have some benefits as well compared to PC's)

I think this solution is perfect tbh.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
You can certainly build quite a detailed park with a lot of flats and several big ticket rides so it's something. Path design needs to be thought about, but it should be anyway to get the guest flow right.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
I am interested to see what it is like next gen compared to past gen. I do wonder what my parks could look like, and how big I could get them with a causal mindset.

This is a helpful post! At least now I know that paths are a big percentage killer, looking forward to try out the system myself in a weeks time!

That's cool it works so well on next gen!

I was surprised to see it work this well. That's way more objects than I will likely ever place in my park. I'm sure somebody out there will exceed it, but I tend to tinker more with aesthetics than build grand structures from scratch. Whatever floats your pirate boat!

I did some capture on the Xbox Series X. I did my best to overwhelm it with a ton of coasters, and then again with a bunch of objects. I can't see me building a park packed enough to really tip it.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGL_2IdlAys

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdm0M6KRkRU

Don't know if it'll help answer questions or not, but I think it'll be just fine. Now, PS4/XB1? Sorry...can't help you.
Great job with this. I build back in the day on PC with a very high end rig a park with about 15 coasters and the frame rate just came to a crawl. You seem to crap a ton more than that it and it still ran great.

Top Bottom