My first 24 hours

Ive been looking at Farseer do you know if you can go for grade 2 or do you have to do 1 first?
I went to elvira martuuk and upgraded fsd at hers. Got all of grade 1 and 1 upgrade off full 2. Given 20 ly unladen atm with combat fitted. Ie weapons and hull shield modules etc. You can unlock grade 2 3 and so on purchasing upgrades to up your rep and I don think you need to fully complete a grade to get started on the next 1 but don't know if that is entirely true you might just unlock it. O my fsd is B class not A aswell which is probably a bit silly.

Well another interesting day

Made the most creds ever by stumbling across a trade boom where I new exactly were to source and supply and the n bumped into some other good trades whilst hopping back and forth over 10 to 20 ly 25m in a couple of hours

However I was stacking "Elite" jobs and first noticed I was getting a second interdiction before the first had got me back to "normal" low wake the last mission I had 3 consecutive without pause im presuming thats normal whilst annoying a couple of them also seemed strange in that they seemed to blurr as if the interdictor was using a more powerfull weapon not that they managed to win

Another new normal is looking on innara for the rarity of stuff offered on missions and what they can do probably discounted 3m today I hope it will pay off eventually Im only agreeing with rare and very rare at the mo

Import Frontier data
(Auto-update enabled)
Combat log
EventLocationDate
Escaped an interdiction by Ada Collins [NPC]L 119-3323 Feb 2020, 4:44pm
Escaped an interdiction by Ben Hurke [NPC]L 119-3323 Feb 2020, 4:44pm
Escaped an interdiction by DAISY HAL [NPC]L 119-3323 Feb 2020, 4:43pm
Escaped an interdiction by Ada Collins [NPC]L 119-3323 Feb 2020, 4:13pm
Escaped an interdiction by MattMcF [NPC]L 119-3323 Feb 2020, 3:48pm
Escaped an interdiction by Ada Collins [NPC]L 119-3323 Feb 2020, 3:47pm
Escaped an interdiction by MattMcF [NPC]L 119-3323 Feb 2020, 2:52pm
Escaped an interdiction by Robert Powell [NPC]L 119-3323 Feb 2020, 2:07pm
Escaped an interdiction by MattMcF [NPC]L 119-3323 Feb 2020, 2:06pm
Escaped an interdiction by Iain Knight [NPC]L 119-3323 Feb 2020, 1:23pm

But for others, well I do PVE bounty hunting in certain hazres with my Cutter. Limiting factor of my staying time is amount of ammo I carry (I do not like to spend materials to synthetise reloads)

I take my Python to Nav Beacons or CZ’s and stick around until things get too ‘Dangerous’.

At Nav Beacons depending on the system you are in, you may get assistance from the local law enforcement.

CZ's do have more engineered ships which can give you problems, but you’ll also have more fighting on your side.

For engineering, make sure you collect as many of each material as you possibly can, SRV surface collecting, Mining with a laser, ship destruction, HGE, Decoded Emissions etc.

There are material traders you can use to trade up for some of the rarest materials. Use the easy to obtain ones when going for the rares.

o7

Is there a "Non engineered Group"

You don’t have to engineer your ships, it’s player choice really. But would recommend trying it sometime, I didn’t bother engineering for my first year with ELITE dangerous.

If you are playing in Open, there may be a player group you could join for non-engineered ships.

I play in Solo and use engineering to aid with my exploration and combat.

o7

I take my Python to Nav Beacons or CZ’s and stick around until things get too ‘Dangerous’.

At Nav Beacons depending on the system you are in, you may get assistance from the local law enforcement.

CZ's do have more engineered ships which can give you problems, but you’ll also have more fighting on your side.

For engineering, make sure you collect as many of each material as you possibly can, SRV surface collecting, Mining with a laser, ship destruction, HGE, Decoded Emissions etc.

There are material traders you can use to trade up for some of the rarest materials. Use the easy to obtain ones when going for the rares.

o7
Main advantage of haz res is that there are no cops. Why that is advantage...well have you ever shot the cop ship accidentally? Consequences are usually bad. On haz res you can pick your on fighting pace (unlike in CZ's), no cops, steady stream of available targets.

Well a month tomorrow and its been a ball 4 ships 2 of which I love to bits and will never sell

250,000,000 in assets and lots of engineer stuff now must pop over to Ms Farseer soon

Do I only upgrade a specific module like FSD 5A or is it all FSD Modules I own?

Last edited:
Well a month tomorrow and its been a ball 4 ships 2 of which I love to bits and will never sell

250,000,000 in assets and lots of engineer stuff now must pop over to Ms Farseer soon

Do I only upgrade a specific module like FSD 5A or is it all FSD Modules I own?
Best check inara.cz and see what you need before the journey. Did that before and travelled a couple of 100 ly back to my home station empty handed. Also if you sync inara with your frontier account it tells you how many materials you have stored away for each upgrade. Thought that was a nice touch.

Hey guys, looking for some advice again. Got krait mk 2 and had 3 mukticannon on large and 2 beam lasers on medium. Now got my butt kicked from npc classed dangerous in an assault ship. Wiped my shields easily and his were barely half way I reckon. Beams are auto signature but he was pretty nimbe. He got me down to 50% hull so I done a runner. Swapped the beams for 2 medium plasma accelerators and had some fun at a nav beacon and took down npcs pretty comfortably without much help from the locals. You guys think I should have 2 large plasma accelerators and remainder multi cannons or keep it as. Just wondering if it would be a big drop in constant cannon fire or offsetted massively with hits from the plasma.

Or do I just go wild and get 4 plasmas cause they're quite fun

Top Bottom