My first 24 hours

Hey guys, looking for some advice again. Got krait mk 2 and had 3 mukticannon on large and 2 beam lasers on medium. Now got my butt kicked from npc classed dangerous in an assault ship. Wiped my shields easily and his were barely half way I reckon. Beams are auto signature but he was pretty nimbe. He got me down to 50% hull so I done a runner. Swapped the beams for 2 medium plasma accelerators and had some fun at a nav beacon and took down npcs pretty comfortably without much help from the locals. You guys think I should have 2 large plasma accelerators and remainder multi cannons or keep it as. Just wondering if it would be a big drop in constant cannon fire or offsetted massively with hits from the plasma.

Or do I just go wild and get 4 plasmas cause they're quite fun
Personally, I use 3 large beams (efficient - thermal vent) and two medium packhound (sturdy - multi-salvos) on my Krait. The beams alone are OP, the packhounds are for anything that tries to run.

PA's are fun, but they have limited ammo, use a lot of power, and generate a lot of heat. They also fire really slowly.
If you want all PA's, I would suggest engineering some advanced plasma accelerators, which you can get as a powerplay reward.

Well ive had an evolutionary day only earnt about 500k but Ive flown half a dozen ship fighters upgraded my Krait to a combat rig, another 40m, done the same to my Cobra then I took her to a High Res for the first time and helped the Feds off a few (3ish) villians so just started to touch combat only lost my shield ramming the blasted rocks however I couldnt open my cargo scoop , do you have to be stationary?

Well ive had an evolutionary day only earnt about 500k but Ive flown half a dozen ship fighters upgraded my Krait to a combat rig, another 40m, done the same to my Cobra then I took her to a High Res for the first time and helped the Feds off a few (3ish) villians so just started to touch combat only lost my shield ramming the blasted rocks however I couldnt open my cargo scoop , do you have to be stationary?
Cargo scoop can be dropped moving but I think its got a be under 50 to collect. It's not worth the hassle however trying to cargo scoop them. Best just putting limpet collector and taking quarter cargo space. Also lvl 3 is a minimum for a half decent limpet otherwise they just crash into things all the time

Cargo scoop can be dropped moving but I think its got a be under 50 to collect. It's not worth the hassle however trying to cargo scoop them. Best just putting limpet collector and taking quarter cargo space. Also lvl 3 is a minimum for a half decent limpet otherwise they just crash into things all the time
Not used them yet would i be right in thinking that if i have say a 20t cargo bay and I buy 10 limpits they live in that bay and can initialy put 10t of cargo? Some of the "salvage" i see after battle is it "cargo" or mats?

Well im out at high and low res sites but its deadly slow 2 wins on my own in about 20 mins peanuts which i dont mind but its very poor any suggestions where to get good action?

Another two first,s today

I launched 2 collector limpits how they got out i dont know how but they couldnt return as I hadnt opened the cargo hatch ,I have that sorted now

I then managed to scoop somerhing up another first ,small steps

Cant get my head round fighting with the Krait yet 9m rebuy but my Cobra seems to have a charmed life and never looses in the local Nav Beacon I do wish it wasnt on top of the Sun though its a massive blind spot

With Todd the Blaster the 100,000k of bounties is that any one i kill who is wanted?

Another two first,s today

I launched 2 collector limpits how they got out i dont know how but they couldnt return as I hadnt opened the cargo hatch ,I have that sorted now

I then managed to scoop somerhing up another first ,small steps

Cant get my head round fighting with the Krait yet 9m rebuy but my Cobra seems to have a charmed life and never looses in the local Nav Beacon I do wish it wasnt on top of the Sun though its a massive blind spot

With Todd the Blaster the 100,000k of bounties is that any one i kill who is wanted?

If you are playing using a screen with a backlight, you could try turning this down a bit so the sun isn’t so blinding?

I’ve got mine on about 20%. It’s far too bright anything over 50%.

Yep that’s right, anyone with Wanted at the Nav Beacon you are using, you’ll notice the Bounty value pop up on screen. Just get this to 100,000. I think you’ve got to turn them in as well.

There is an orange status bar/line under Todd The Blaster that will update as you progress towards the goal.

Good luck commander. o7

Ive been back to the next door Nav Beacon but this time with my Krait and a hired crew to fly my fighter again very slow but in part because when we kill something I stop and collect up all the mats first with my limpets and then with scooping Im not making any real creds but slowly expanding my abilty to control the ship another 18% to become a novice at combat.

I also decided to try out my scarab for the first time on a local (ish) planet and see what I could collect another learning curve.

Picked a spot to land and went for a drive ,realised I didnt understand the radar had a look on You tube ahh ok found a target rock and blasted it but nomatter what I did couldnt scoop it up
frustrating.

Moved on and never found anymore except a place that is "off limits" with 3 drone like things (scimmers?) that chase me off I decided to see if i could fight them and got destroyed in a couple off mins.

Do these sites appear on all planets? What is a good responce to them? can I set the ship on them with my crew?

I cant remember if there is Scarab training but I must try it if there is

Picked a spot to land and went for a drive ,realised I didnt understand the radar had a look on You tube ahh ok found a target rock and blasted it but nomatter what I did couldnt scoop it up
frustrating.
There are some reasons for not beeing able to scoop up materials:
1. Cargo hatch not open
2. You have to target the rock you want to scoop
3. The slot in the cargo hold of the material you want to scoop is full
4. You have to drive straight over the rock, if it did not go to your hold, you have to drive a wide circle, so that the rock is in a good distance and try again.

Regarding the SRV and surface material gathering, here’s how to do it.

When you FSS a system from your ship, pay attention to the top right info panel, you are looking for planets with Geological or Biological signals. Once you find one you like, it may take 30-60 seconds to resolve the scan on the info panel.

At this point, get close enough to fire off surface probes and map the surface, this will give you the surface locations of the Geological/Biological signals so you can pick one in the NAV panel and fly to it.

Once landed, drive up in the SRV and look out for white pips on the scanner, these are the materials you can shoot and scoop up in the cargo bay.

o7

Last edited:
There are some reasons for not beeing able to scoop up materials:
1. Cargo hatch not open
2. You have to target the rock you want to scoop
3. The slot in the cargo hold of the material you want to scoop is full
4. You have to drive straight over the rock, if it did not go to your hold, you have to drive a wide circle, so that the rock is in a good distance and try again.
scoop open (all the time) but i couldnt get anything targeted perhaps my fire groups need attention I could get the blue icon or the turret position but x didnt target

Regarding the SRV and surface material gathering, here’s how to do it.

When you FSS a system from your ship, pay attention to the top right info panel, you are looking for planets with Geological or Biological signals. Once you find one you like, it may take 30-60 seconds to resolve the scan on the info panel.

At this point, get close enough to fire off surface probes and map the surface, this will give you the surface locations of the Geological/Biological signals so you can pick one in the NAV panel and fly to it.

Once landed, drive up in the SRV and look out for white pips on the scanner, these are the materials you can shoot and scoop up in the cargo bay.

o7
I didnt FSS I just picked a Planet in my system (theres 4 in a row) to have a practice

I could see the white pips but not target or collect

C2a-g https://eddb.io/system/bodies/4477

Top Bottom