My first 24 hours

If you can't target the chunks to scoop up visually (I have to admit - I play in VR on PC, so just looking at something activates the target brackets around an object, then clicking "target in front" targets targets it. Should work the same with headlook, but I can't verify it.), you can go to your left hand cockpit panel, "contacts" tab, where these chunks should show up, and select them from there.

Well ive just attempted to do the advanced SRV training in PS4 and I cant scan the data link or target specifically , I did shoot out the generator

When I go to the "blue mode" I cant use L1 secondary fire for the scanner perhaps the hotus hasnt been mapped for this?

Last edited:
So, to be sure I landed on some desolate redish lump of a moon in Karka system and deployed my srv. I followed the scanner bars. When close enough a bigger rock lighted up as a white blip on the radar and was targetable. I went near(in combat mode) and when I had a clean line of sight I hit R1 and after some blasts the rock exploded and some more white blips skid away. These could be targeted and scooped. Worked as always. If you are in blue mode (analysis) you can just scan with L1, which is useless on rocks.

Last edited:
Did my first bit of mining today (strip) kitted out my Krait and found a pristine ice ring 20ly away scaned the ring and decided on Panite hot spot after which mixed experience

I was well equipped with limpets but 3 hours and not a drop of Panite got about 7 gold 12 Osmium and 9 Samarium plus (I think) some sulphur crome and a few other things I probably need phosphurus and nickle very much enjoyed it but not really an earner yet

You map the keybindings for the Hotas in the options menu
on my t4 for ps4 the targeting button for SRV is R3
I tried that (and every other combo I could think of) for now Ive postponed my SRV intro till I regain some enthusiasm for the training program again a new Hotus arrived yesterday and I may take the opp of having two for a short time to experiment with mapping

Am I right in saying PS4 doesnt give an option to keep the default settings and have a second set to experiment with (hotus) and to then choose on log in?

Ive been putting a bit of effort into combat got to novice yesterday this has mostly been in a low sec system nav beacon 2-3 good kills and then my hull is down to 65% and Im out of limpets to collect ship salvage so return to base and repair earnt 360k 30k to repair hull plus restock fine

I decided to take my "combat loadout" with 16 cargo space out on a couple of missions to have a go at interdictions (with my fighter crewed) the result hmm they all seem to be anaconda,s and in low sec system they are stripping my shields and hull breaching to the point I have to flee.

This is somewhat strange since I am when the shields (bi weave) drop boosting away to let them recover but still getting hit (can boost at 375 more or less at will) and in a high sec system i could boost away but then the feds turn up and by the time I can get back in touch they have destroyed the NPC so not really sure how to tackle this

Assuming you are still in your Krait I see that a 6c BiWeave gives you just 284 raw shield strength. Thats next to nothing ;) . Did you equip shield boosters? Just two of them boost your shield to 398. (All unengineered values)
You are correct Krait I have 2 boosters a Military grade composite a 4D Hull reinforcment and 4D Module reinforcment all other core modules are A rated except for life support(D) and Sensors (D)

Ive been putting a bit of effort into combat got to novice yesterday this has mostly been in a low sec system nav beacon 2-3 good kills and then my hull is down to 65% and Im out of limpets to collect ship salvage so return to base and repair earnt 360k 30k to repair hull plus restock fine

I decided to take my "combat loadout" with 16 cargo space out on a couple of missions to have a go at interdictions (with my fighter crewed) the result hmm they all seem to be anaconda,s and in low sec system they are stripping my shields and hull breaching to the point I have to flee.

This is somewhat strange since I am when the shields (bi weave) drop boosting away to let them recover but still getting hit (can boost at 375 more or less at will) and in a high sec system i could boost away but then the feds turn up and by the time I can get back in touch they have destroyed the NPC so not really sure how to tackle this
It looks to me like you need a visit to Selene Jean to heavy duty some HRPs. My pirate Krait mk2 runs a class 6 biweave with 2 shield boosters. I've gone for a resistance setup to minimise the time it takes for the shield to come back up once it has gone down. The absolute value of the shield is 419 mj, but with significant resistances, practically speaking it's a lot tougher than the absolute value would suggest.

That said, with those levels I expect this shield to drop during sustained combat. As a result I've got around 1700 hp in hull (again, this is boosted by resistances). Bear in mind this is a pirate ship, not a combat ship, so I'm hitting T9s and occasionally system security Vipers in this ship, not a Haz Res Anaconda. Basically, you will want a significantly higher hull value than what I've got with that shield setup.

I can deal with an anaconda in a nav beacon (low sec) its the ones that are interdicting me that are difficult

I see you're going for a true multipurpose build here. What I would suggest is focusing your build for what you're doing at the time.

So, for combat, what I would use here is something more like this:

https://coriolis.io/outfit/krait_mk...M1xAZgEyIKYEMDmAbdI4sxiscQA==&bn=Combat Krait

I've removed the non-combat stuff and added a lot more hull strength. The power plant has been downsized as a class 6 will still do the job and could save you some credits. Additionally I've tweaked the weapons. Burst lasers are kinder on the distributor and you've a couple of large multicannons for some extra kick when you're down to the hull. Chaff is also usually more useful than point defence as NPCs will stop firing turrets and gimballed weapons once this gets going.

This probably isn't perfect and I'm sure someone else could improve on this, but you should see a difference. If you're wanting to haul stuff, you should be able to drop an HRP and still have something more solid than before. Engineering your defences will still make a world of difference here though.

I can deal with an anaconda in a nav beacon (low sec) its the ones that are interdicting me that are difficult

That's not really a combat/mission multi role - you're trying to fit it out to do too much at once. I'd lose the mining gear (store it all until you want to mine). That will give you two more weapons, and room for more HRP/Cargo. The simplest solution though, lose that heat sink and get some chaff - ten loads of chaff will change combat vs ai massively at your level

Thanks guys I cocked it with the build inso far as I dont take the mining gear normally I was just showing shield and hull have two multicannon I couldnt find/afford the 5 slot hull reinforce when I first kitted will rectifie that asap
I use a trey of beams which my distro and power plant cope well with will upgrade a bit the issue with mission interdiction was if i dont have a couple of 3 cargo i cant carry the cheese lol

got to 930m assets today

Thanks guys I cocked it with the build inso far as I dont take the mining gear normally I was just showing shield and hull have two multicannon I couldnt find/afford the 5 slot hull reinforce when I first kitted will rectifie that asap
I use a trey of beams which my distro and power plant cope well with will upgrade a bit the issue with mission interdiction was if i dont have a couple of 3 cargo i cant carry the cheese lol

got to 930m assets today
Fair enough, to he honest weapons tend to be to be to taste anyway, so if it's working for you, I'd say carry on.

The thing to remember is that Nav beacon Anacondas could be fairly low level (I've seen them as low as 'competent'). The ones I've seen chasing me after incoming enemy alerts are rated as dangerous or higher. At these levels you're up against engineered opponents, so it may be worth looking at the Dweller for some efficient mods on those beams and a trip to Tod the blaster for overcharging the multicannons.

Unlocking those 2 will set you up for invites to the best shield generator and hull/armour engineers in the bubble, so certainly worth a try. You don't have to kill yourself maxing out g5 either. You'll notice a big improvement just going to g3 and those materials will be relatively easy to get hold of.

Top Bottom