My first 24 hours

Fair enough, to he honest weapons tend to be to be to taste anyway, so if it's working for you, I'd say carry on.

The thing to remember is that Nav beacon Anacondas could be fairly low level (I've seen them as low as 'competent'). The ones I've seen chasing me after incoming enemy alerts are rated as dangerous or higher. At these levels you're up against engineered opponents, so it may be worth looking at the Dweller for some efficient mods on those beams and a trip to Tod the blaster for overcharging the multicannons.

Unlocking those 2 will set you up for invites to the best shield generator and hull/armour engineers in the bubble, so certainly worth a try. You don't have to kill yourself maxing out g5 either. You'll notice a big improvement just going to g3 and those materials will be relatively easy to get hold of.
Ive got invites to Farseer and Tod have been carefully collecting mats till Ive got the requirements hence my foray into combat as a means to fill up

I tried that (and every other combo I could think of) for now Ive postponed my SRV intro till I regain some enthusiasm for the training program again a new Hotus arrived yesterday and I may take the opp of having two for a short time to experiment with mapping

Am I right in saying PS4 doesnt give an option to keep the default settings and have a second set to experiment with (hotus) and to then choose on log in?

You can have a default and a custom hotas setting in options

If you are Allied to two waring factions is that enough for one of them to declare you wanted and put a bounty on you? I ended up being attacked and having a 150creds bounty when I tried to pay it I was put in jail and then fined nearly 1m creds no idea how that works

If you are Allied to two waring factions is that enough for one of them to declare you wanted and put a bounty on you? I ended up being attacked and having a 150creds bounty when I tried to pay it I was put in jail and then fined nearly 1m creds no idea how that works
That looks like the sort of bounty that comes with assault, can you remember where were you when you got it?

As for paying off bounties, there's two methods. One is what you did where you hand yourself in, pay off the bounty and get sent to a prison ship somewhere nearby. The other is going to a station in a low security or anarchy station and pay it off at an interstellar factors.

No idea where the fine came from, unless you had illegal goods in your hold, or you failed a mission somehow.

Months I did it like you, op. Then I finally got confused with my different loadouts, so that in a particular mission I forgot half of my things - and the SRV bay ... .
Now, I do have a small fleet of crafts for different purposes, strictly Faulcon DeLacy only. I really love both of the Kraits. Got two Mark IIs (AX-Combat vs. PvP-ready) AND two Phantoms (LR-Exploring and material grinding vs. heavy-duty-bountyhunting). And a couple of Anacondas and Cobras each.
But I still got my old Python, my favourite mission runner. Packs a hell of a punch and fits 180 tons of Cargo as well, along with a decent shielding AND limpets ... . If I had to choose, I would not know wich to pick ... .

That looks like the sort of bounty that comes with assault,

No idea where the fine came from, unless you had illegal goods in your hold, or you failed a mission somehow.
Was at the Nav Beacon (my goto combat) no illegal goods just limpits on board had launched my fighter and started scanning a ship when i was attacked this is the same faction that imprisoned me a month ago when i was destroyed mission running for them Im going to monitor them and when they are in trouble join in on the other side

if i paid they bounty at an interstella would it have just been around the 150 creds ? if so it makes no sense the extra 1m

Was at the Nav Beacon (my goto combat) no illegal goods just limpits on board had launched my fighter and started scanning a ship when i was attacked this is the same faction that imprisoned me a month ago when i was destroyed mission running for them Im going to monitor them and when they are in trouble join in on the other side

if i paid they bounty at an interstella would it have just been around the 150 creds ? if so it makes no sense the extra 1m
Interstellar factors adds 25% markup onto the bounty, which usually doesn't amount to anything significant, so I tend to have one bookmarked nearby so I can do a quick jump to clear anything (or just set up home in a low security or anarchy system).

Not sure why you'd be attacked unless you accidentally shot them without realising (we've all done it) or it was some other minor thing which you probably hadn't realised you'd done and it was a bounty hunter that was after you.

If you've not been caught smuggling by a scan, the only way you get a fine that big that I'm aware of is a failed mission. Someone else might be able to add some more here though.

OMG - first 24 hours. Seems so long ago...and I was online for months waiting for the game to drop - watching vids yada yada. Nothing prepares you fully.

My only advice is, don't spend all your money! Its always tempting to rush to get into the next ship, upgrade your drive or your weapons or your whatever. But you need to keep enough spare credits floating around to buy your current ship at least two or three times - because there is every possibility you will keep breaking it for quite some time. I remember rushing out to get an Anaconda and then losing it - 4 times in a row!!!! I was panicking. Somehow I managed to calm it all down and claw it all back and realise it was my own foolishness that put me at the very real prospect of re-start.

Welcome to the climbing wall of learning that is ED. You sound like your doing well - keep at it but BEWARE, something, somewhere, at sometime is going to smash you real bad! Just make sure you have enough 'insurance' for the day when that happens.

Not doing any rushing Im going to continue to alternate between Nav Beacon Combat (mostly to collect mats) bit more mining to and trade to top up my creds to a billion plus and when Ive got everything i need I will pop of to Farseer and Tod to fully engineer what I can on my Krait

this is my cureent combat and ship salvage build working much better than before ther advise from all...many thanks

I will for sure move to some more fixed weapons as my total ability (pip management,FA on/off ,Fire Group cycling, orders to fighter, mat collection) improves and becomes second nature Ive only got 103 "kills" so far over about 6 sessions in 2 weeks and Ive learnt lots but its still process Ive currently got 85 rebuys so room for a bit of risk lol

Last edited:
Not doing any rushing Im going to continue to alternate between Nav Beacon Combat (mostly to collect mats)..

Not sure, I've been away for a while - did they nerf Dav's Hope? If you need(ed) mats that was the place to go for some material grinding. Land, deploy SRV, run around and collect a bunch of mats - log off - log on again and hey presto all the mats are back with the added twist that they randomly spawn so you can pick up quite a range of mats for engineers without too much time wasting.

Not sure, I've been away for a while - did they nerf Dav's Hope? If you need(ed) mats that was the place to go for some material grinding. Land, deploy SRV, run around and collect a bunch of mats - log off - log on again and hey presto all the mats are back with the added twist that they randomly spawn so you can pick up quite a range of mats for engineers without too much time wasting.
my post #135/6 in this thread page 7

IMO Dav's Hope isn't all that important anymore since now you can actually find HGEs when you need 'em. I used to hone a specific racing line around Dav's Hope but nowadays I hunt HGEs for G4-G5, Haz Res Anacondas & Pythons for G3-G4s. And with plenty of G4-G5s, you honestly don't need to sacrifice but two or three to bump up the inventory of G1-G2s. I'm fine with that.

Having almost got to a Billion Creds (not including my Fleet and Modules) I decided to go back to my local Nav Beacon where my crew member (who is ranking up 3 xs as fast as me) decided to atack the first ship I scaned leading to an immediat bounty on me Grrr

Dealt with that and gave him a good talking to

Having offed around 15 ships I decided to use my very limited cargo space (16) and go back to nominal mission running as I had been getting 3 interdictions a trip whilst not being fitted for combat had to make a couple of runs back and forth before the NPC,s bit "Im going to kill you" says Shaun O'Conner I submit launch my fighter and have at the Alliance Challenger who having lost his shields and 60% of his hull just manages to high wake out of it shucks

Its the first time Ive seen an interdiction challenge off next time I will have a couple of limpets to collect there mats Happy Days

Whoa, your are progressing fast. Your are easily my senior now. Be warned, combat is the least effective activity in regards to money and Pilots Federation Rank. Seeing you progress, i was inspired to go up from deadly to elite at last. So, i searched for a compromised nav beacon to kill all those puny elite Eagles for "quick" upranking. So i found one in Hors and after all these years I learned, that an active crew member not only eats my credits but my experience points too (Amazing, you have never learned everything about ED). I am at 60% Deadly now, that means that i have only 800 ships to kill before becomming Elite (or 1600 if i use a crew member), sigh. At a compromised Nav Beacon that means 30 minutes work for 1% progress if i concentrate on small ships with deadly and elite ranking with 1 Million credits bounties.
Entertaining side story:
For some cash i interrupted my nav beacon hunting and accepted some missions. 3 headhunter jobs and 1 pirate hunt summing up to 10 Millions for 19 kills. So i went for the first victim, an elite corvette when a second target jumped in, another elite corvette. I dispached them both with still one ring shield strength. I decided to go after the third target (I equipped a size 7 prismatic shield https://tinyurl.com/tagkrh7 so one ring is plenty shield and waiting for full shields takes an eternity). When I jumped into the pocket of the 3rd target it was another elite corvette, but no sweat. But then another ship jumped in. And, hey, guess what, a fourth elite corvette. A real challange at least. But in the end I had to run with the tail between my legs and 55% hull (resulting in an 859000 repair bill). So never get too overconfident, regardless how bored you are ;)

Last edited:
I tried submitting and fighting back earlier in my "Trader" version of my Krait a Dangerous Anaconda but in my local High Sec system

I boosted away for a bit till I got hit then tried to out manouver him untill the cavalry turned up one did show but I had lost my (very small 4B shield)I did get a couple of hits on target but got down to 65% hull so boosted away while going for a High Wake at the moment I escaped there were 3-4 Sys Sec but i decided to get to base and rekit before having a serious attempt annoyingly the same ship interdicted me again on re-entry to my system but no chance laters

I tried submitting and fighting back earlier in my "Trader" version of my Krait a Dangerous Anaconda but in my local High Sec system

I boosted away for a bit till I got hit then tried to out manouver him untill the cavalry turned up one did show but I had lost my (very small 4B shield)I did get a couple of hits on target but got down to 65% hull so boosted away while going for a High Wake at the moment I escaped there were 3-4 Sys Sec but i decided to get to base and rekit before having a serious attempt annoyingly the same ship interdicted me again on re-entry to my system but no chance laters
I have two medium beam lasers engineered for long range on my Krait Phantom. The range and damage drop off is up to 6 km, normal lasers have a 3 km max range and damage dropoff starting at just 500 meters! I boost out of firing range of NPCs (about 3 km or so), turn flight assist off, and drift backwards firing lasers doing maximum damage while the enemy can’t hit me. I do my best to stay around 4 to 5 km out, adjusting speed as needed, mine are engineered to tier 3. Once enemy shields are down, then I close in with my overcharged auto-load large multicannons, only pulling away if my shields start to buckle.

Long range lasers are amazing, I really recommend them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom