My first bounty! Kinda......

I didn't get credits......I guess you have to KWS them in each system? I dont really do it for the money IRL but I play a bounty hunter in game so it's kinda frustrating.

But hoo boy let me tell you.

So I was flying around, fighting peeps in duels and stuff, getting practice. When this FDL pulls me and open fires before I can say "Pass and go". Well!. How very rude! Well they had a bounty so, game on >: D

This was my build: https://s.orbis.zone/3vwu (almost some of the stuff isnt G5 yet)

Vs

The standard PA/Rail FDL bi weave.

It was a long fight, long because they were hard to track in a Python, but we got it in there end. Also, my MRP meant nothing got sniped inbetween shield downtime, so I kept on slugging. And when I could close the gaps, man the frag did their job well.

THEN THEY RAN. YAY! This is why I have a wake scanner! I caught them, and they flew away too fast. DAMMIT! But wait! They high wake again. Yeee boi.......

I eventually managed to snipe their FSD out. And with all the missed shots to FSD but hits to elsewehre on the body, their power/drives were toast! I think. They may have just given up lol.

GG to the CMDR. I dont know if I should post the name, just incase they dont want me too.

Last edited:
I'm no white knight.....I'm a dark edgey bounty hunter.....NO MOM ITS NOT A PHASE.

So I had another target in a FAS. But they boosted away and I couldnt tail them. It's actually super frustrating. So I have a question, should I swap one of my hardpoints for a drag munitions missle rack. OR change one of the screening shell frags to drag munitions? That'd kinda help but if they are going to boost away from me I dont have range.
Also they reverskied.

That was annoying. SO I cut power to engines and shot them with rails too. It was kinda like, "Yeah buddy? This is what we're doing now? Fairly certian I got more MRP and HRP than you so........"

They then gave up on that lmao.

Last edited:
COME ONE! COME ALL! BE AMAZED AT THE GREENHORN BOUNTY HUNTER!
THE MOST GREEN OF ALL GREENHORNS!

Guys can I please have some help on this? It drove me nuts! What could I have done better?

This FDL got away, man oh MAN was that last shield ring a whole lotta frustrating. I have a clip, LOOK AT IT LAST. WHAT WAS THIS GUYS SHIELD MADE OFF!?!?!

Lets blame that and not my aim. HEY IM USING HOTAS OKAY!!

Anyway, that's not the point. The point, or question, I want to ask is, WHERE DID THEY GO? I chased them in low wake but they just vanished after that? Did I do something wrong? I couldn't have been too slow, if they high waked straight after I'd have seen it. They weren't even on the contacts panel anymore.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2r8CaKaSSU&feature=youtu.be

I suspect that they low waked immediately after entering supercruise? Is there anything I could have done there?

Also, I've made exactly 0 cresits in my bounty hunting endevours. HOW AM I GOING TO PAY RENT?

Last edited:
If my CMDR is fleeing a battle or trying to get around chain interdiction, I often have him low wake immediately after reentering SC. Frequently this is fast enough to drop back into the very same instance and watch his pursuers low-wake after him, or allow a counterattack if they go back to doing what they were doing.

Watch from about 6:30 to 7:30 to see an example of this:
Source: https://youtu.be/PI2wHp5azC4?t=400

Other than having someone wait for them in SC and hit their next low wake, there really isn't much of a counter. Any wake = escape for someone that knows what they are doing.

Of course, there are plenty of other factors that could cause you to fail to arrive in someone's instance, even if they didn't do this. Matchmaking is unpredictable, especially in high-traffic areas.

Last edited:
So other than have the same speed and long range of the opponents ship.....is there a way to get around reverski?

I'm starting to get really annoyed at this tactic!

Context, I was flying this; https://s.orbis.zone/3yp4 agaisnt an FDL. I was feeling pretty good about it. My phasing was actually doing work.

But the first volley that hit them. The VERY first volley told the CMDR that I had phasing on the PA's. Immediately they changed their tactic to just reverski. My vulture is fast, very fast. But so is the FDL because of course it is, it's an FDL. So I couldn't gain ground. I could maintain the ground but I could gain anymore.

So I just turned around and literally said, "Look if you're going to revese I'm just going to fly this way lol see you later".

I get space and why it's possible, but god does it not make for a cheap exploitable tactic.

/rant over

So other than have the same speed and long range of the opponents ship.....is there a way to get around reverski?

If you move at them and your distance to target isn't quickly closing, stop moving toward them and back away until they move toward you. Then rush forward, get, and stay, as close as you can for as long as you can. If they manage to break away and outpace you, don't follow, make them come to you again.

Only if they have longer range weapons and superior distance control is reverski going to be a 'good' tactic.

So I just turned around and literally said, "Look if you're going to revese I'm just going to fly this way lol see you later".

Always an option.

Love your build, while I've had my rear handed to me by an FDL (it was Bigmaec) I've not given up on hull tanks just yet! Couple of questions-

Do you have a particular strategy against faster ships?

I watched several YouTube vids from Rinzlers and The Replicant and the advice is to use FA off to keep ToT and try to get them jousting. The idea being that your strength is this kind of fight and having seven hardpoints? Obviously they use FA really well and tend to land most of their shots!

How do compare the Python to the FGS? Your build before in the FGS is basically what I've put together (my thanks you posted it)? Do you find you're more competitive in the Python or is it just to switch up?

Last edited:
As the one handing out the hurt, some observations on our little duel yesterday (it's online on my tube btw.)

in the first round with your plasmas
  • you need to hit me hard with every plasma you have, which you didn't, which was bad for you :sneaky:
  • you shot way to early, at 2km range you stand no chance of hitting me, as I said shoot just before passing so I can't evade
  • your frags are mostly useless too, as I have high kinetic resistance and the range is bad. Better go all plasma with two rails or seekers
in the second round against my multifurry
  • your time on target was quite low, I think it's because you were mostly FAon, I basically flew circles around you
  • you didn't chaff enough
  • I guess you had nothing to hit me with when I was chaffing except your packhounds, which are useless against a 3000mj FdL

I was conscious of your speed so tried to get early shots in, looking for when you turned was the idea, but it didn't work. I think persevering with plasmas is the way to go and putting rails on the C1's seems the optimum.

Definitely getting better and more comfortable FA off is a must to have any hope, I think some time spinning around asteroids might be useful.

Hanging head in shame it's on You Tube! Hopefully it will lull others into a most certain sense of security!

The message seems to be practice makes perfect, getting out there and is the way and just ask people if they fancy a duel. I'm still a rank novice at PvP - for evidence see Bigmaec's video!

Also, have I some how joined the dark side?!

Love your build, while I've had my rear handed to me by an FDL (it was Bigmaec) I've not given up on hull tanks just yet! Couple of questions-

Do you have a particular strategy against faster ships?

Well engineering helps greatly. 480 boost is very fast for a Python and it helps a lot. It's not the fastest, sure, but unless the CMDR is trying to run away or reveski, I can keep up.

If they do reveski, I use my rails. I have way more sustain than they do, I'm confident that I'll win that fight. Also I wont follow. There's no point and more often than not they give up and go for a joust. That works for me, because I have three OC Frag canons that output a lot more damage.

I fly as evasive a lot of the time with FA off, even when I can afford to be more aggresive. This usually leads to CMDRs over extending to my desired range.

How do compare the Python to the FGS? Your build before in the FGS is basically what I've put together (my thanks you posted it)? Do you find you're more competitive in the Python or is it just to switch up?

I love them both in their own ways. I'm not flying the Python because I've given up on the FGS or anything like that. I prefer to fly different ships because they each have their own stratergy to success, something that I feel broadens my combat experience. I'm flying a Vulture for a bit now.

The Python isn't the greatest combat ship, but it is flexable. I just wanted to see what I could do via engineering to make it PvP viable. And so far it's done well, it'll do a heck load better when I unlock pacifiers.

CMDRs underestimate it too. They feel that a Python is an easy target, but the hull and module MRPs often outlast them and they feel like they have to run. I chase them of course. They don't expect that either >: )

Longstory short, the Python runs (or slithers) a marathon against the META, where the FGS is more an aggressive sprint with all that firepower.

Top Bottom