My first Frontier Customer Support experience

So ... I'm dense and accidentally purchased a ship kit that I already had yesterday. I filed a ticket early yesterday evening explaining the kit I actually wanted and requested either a refund or a swap (the 2 kits cost the same). This morning, lo and behold, I have the other ship kit and a nice email from CMDR Luna of customer support letting me know, which also said they'd pass along the "issue" that the store even let me buy a kit I already owned.

All in all, a great experience and I'm flying away happy. Thank you CMDR Luna!

Also...this forum doesn't seem to have any feedback section for non-suggestion feedback from the looks of it. As awfully negative as a segment of the community is, I guess I can see why....but you know, some of us have positive things to say too.

Last edited:
This game has the best customer support. They actually respect their customers. I have never had a bad experience dealing with crazy issues.

The worst problem I had was my game would crash on multiple PC's when FS jumping to another system using my ship. Fdev manually moved my ship to another station and it fixed the problem!

Yes, FD Support are amazing. I've only had one disappointing experience, where two different support staff misunderstood a request which to be fair was very much an edge case involving changed e-mail addresses and a legacy Backers' App purchase. But in the end they apologised for misunderstanding and I apologised for losing my rag a bit and all was grand. My more regular requests, including one stupid error on my part where I bought cosmetics for the wrong account and might easily have been told by a lesser company to go do one, were dealt with quickly and professionally.

If I had my cynicism dialled up a few notches I could maybe argue that the number of issues ED throws up almost requires a superior Support team just to handle the volume, but experience with other products that have both bad QA and bad support tells me it doesn't always work that way. FD Support are just very good at what they do, simple as.

So ... I'm dense and accidentally purchased a ship kit that I already had yesterday.

I didn't think that was possible? When I log in to the Frontier Store, all the kits I have already bought are shown as such. Not that I've tried to purchase them again - are you saying it lets you purchase the same thing twice?

Support are excellent for simple requests. :)

I didn't think that was possible? When I log in to the Frontier Store, all the kits I have already bought are shown as such. Not that I've tried to purchase them again - are you saying it lets you purchase the same thing twice?

Support are excellent for simple requests. :)
Yes, it let me purchase it again. On my web browser it doesn't update the page to show things I have already purchased right away after I login. The update only happens once I look inside my cart rather than right after I login. So....I can add things I already own to the cart until I open the cart the first time. Once it is in the cart, it lets me buy it, even if I already own it.

For Steam customers there are also two different versions of the store. The steam version and the regular. You can use either one. Purchases made through one never show as already purchased on the other and can be freely bought on both so that you buy all kinds of duplicates.

Honestly, it's my own fault....I don't really blame the site; My gf once bought way more toilet paper than we needed and I didn't blame the store for that.
Be nice if they fixed it so it was stupid-safe though.

This thread makes me feel even more frustrated that frontier support have ignored my support request since 28th May - its still in New status with no responses from Frontier.

So ... I'm dense and accidentally purchased a ship kit that I already had yesterday. I filed a ticket early yesterday evening explaining the kit I actually wanted and requested either a refund or a swap (the 2 kits cost the same). This morning, lo and behold, I have the other ship kit and a nice email from CMDR Luna of customer support letting me know, which also said they'd pass along the "issue" that the store even let me buy a kit I already owned.

All in all, a great experience and I'm flying away happy. Thank you CMDR Luna!

Also...this forum doesn't seem to have any feedback section for non-suggestion feedback from the looks of it. As awfully negative as a segment of the community is, I guess I can see why....but you know, some of us have positive things to say too.

CMDR Luna is a legend. Got that done a few times myself. Nothing but the best support there.

Top Bottom