General / Off-Topic My graphic drivers think I have an AMD? ( I use intel )

I was tinkering with the parameters of my graphics card, and when browsing through events in the properties tab, I noticed that the following message appears when the driver update message appears.

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver nv_ref_pubwu.inf_amd64_f730d73bb4e68fc8 for Device Instance ID PCI

amd? But I have an intel cpu!!!!

have the drivers installed the wrong configuration? Is it even possible? I mean, I can run the witcher 3 at 60 fps no problem, but today I had a very curious power surge while playing elite. IT happened while I tried to open photoshop while elite kept running. Normally I can do that with no problem, but could this be the reason why? Or am I just speculating things, and this is normal?

Last edited:
"amd64" refers to the 64bit CPU architecture. After intel had a lacklustre entry with Itanium that barely took hold in the datacentre (Oracle sued HP to continue making servers with those chips), AMD made their own thing that was compatible with the 32bit x86 architecture and the world took that for the desktop.

If you look through your Windows installation, you will find it referring to "WoW64", and it doesn't come with World of Warcraft either ;-)

Last edited:
Oh? The more you know! Well thanks, I'll sleep less ignorant tonight and happy to know that everything is ok. :) :)(y)

Top Bottom