MY list of desired fixes, redesigns, and new features not yet existing in Elite: Dangerous

Deleted member 103587

D
Dear Frontier Developments and fellows CMDRs. I submit to you my list.

Requested fixes to current broken bits:

• Please fix CQC audio. With each of the last two major updates, the audio has broken more and more, with no sign of love from those who developed or broke it.

• Please fix "The Great Beigification" of the planets. When update 2.3 dropped, it removed what was a great feature for explorers, by turning most newly explored planets to some version of brown. You have announced a fix coming in Season 3. Thank you.

"Currently, NPC Pilots don't sit in vacant cockpit chairs. They use virtual reality to remote control Ship-Launched Fighters and the main ship. When a pilot dies he or she is permanently dead. Any Pilot rank increases are lost."

If the NPC crew member is not actually aboard my vessel, why/ how do they die when my ship explodes? This seems senseless and Highly costly. Not only does the CMDR have to pay a rebuy, they have to start over with an NPC that will now leach Millions of credits in profit sharing, like the last one did? A suggested redesign would be to have the NPC actually on board and in a crew seat, and an accompanying escape pod for them. If a multi crew session would fully occupy all crew seats, the NPC would run off to their escape pod and stay there. Or hang out in the galley. Or head to the crew bunks for a nap. Or start repairs while in combat.

• Also with NPC crew: Why are non-active crew members collecting these huge dividends through profit sharing? My lawyer is retained, not paid daily.

• Please fix Multi Crew connections. Elite: Dangerous is listed as an MMO. You should be able to handle MMO connections. Period. Things like the sounds stop working (lights, power distributor), and Very broken Role Panels are a constant killer in this game. Is the inability to request docking/ cancel request related to broken Role Panel functions?

• Please fix the need for "board hopping". Passenger mission are great, but considering most "passenger liners" have upwards of 100 passenger cabins available, it would make sense to provide enough passenger missions to fill the ship. Any good captain (IRL) does this. My CMDR does the same. Thank you.

Recommended redesigns:

• Please remake the SRV "Drive assist" on/off button as a "Rear wheel steering" on/off.

• CQC Please remove the weapon power ups. Thank you, now your CQC will have new players.

• Please showcase Galnet better. Totally rework it. Make it so a CMDR Wants to know what's going on in the galaxy. Maybe have it instantly initiate upon login, or make that an option. Having it read to us is not going to make it better. Consolidate the information given. Have missions presented that have something to do with the Galnet articles, right in the Galnet itself. Instead of just putting new videos on Youtube, put them in Galnet.

• Please remove all the spam from turning in passenger missions. I already know they're off my boat. I cashed out of that mission days ago.
Give CMDRs the ability to weed out the junk mail in the communications tab. Maybe a 'Delete All' button? My email account has had these abilities for years, but not in 3303?

• Please stop trying to pay me mission rewards in useless cargo. Especially when I don't want have a cargo hold. The inability to complete a mission for the sole fact that I don't have a cargo hold to receive "additional payment" via useless cargo is So Very Stupid. At a minimum, I recommend that when a CMDR doesn't have enough cargo room available, the "cargo payment" is instantly converted to Credits at-cost. Maybe add an extra click to confirm this choice if you want to be about it. Or remove the cargo payment option altogether. Thank you.

• While transferring from one owned ship to another, please give us the ability to transfer the cargo (when the ship we're transferring to has the cargo room available).

• While storing a ship with limpets on board, let me store the ship with the limpets STILL ON BOARD. You currently don't even let us sell them back to the station.

• AX weapons: Why does the newly corrosive missiles not affect human vessels? Do they not still EXPLODE? Why does the new AX multi cannon ammunition not affect human vessels? Are they not kinetic projectiles? Why do we need new weapons, and not just new ammunition for these? We get AX turreted weapons and fixed weapons, but not gimbals? Hard point placements on various ships says this is dumb. The year 3303 says this is dumb. Please put some thought into new features. Thank you.

• Finding Multi Crew ships to join: Why is this Not a Que? Please make it a que so I don't have to wear out my HOTAS buttons while trying to find a session to join. I wouldn't mind doing other things while waiting for an active MC session to open. Thank you.

• Multi Cew ships that don't have any Multi Crew equipment on board. How are they able to initiate a MC session in the first place? Please have a ship qualify to initiate a MC session by having MC equipment on board, at the minimum.
Mutli Crew: Maybe even let me choose between which kind of vessel I want to join by presenting me with the available options? Maybe not, I think many would choose joining a Corvette over joining a Cobra.

• Currently, if a CMDR is already in an active Multi Crew session, they Cannot receive an invite to another from a friend. Please fix, thank you.

• Please give us the ability to be in a Wing while also having a Multi Crew session. This is a MMO, but cannot handle this due to instancing? Please keep up with existing video game technologies. Thank you.

New Features requested:

• While many (including myself) would desire fixes first to existing problems and poor design flaws, Most of us do still desire "Space Legs". At a minimum, I'd like the ability to fully walk around my vessels. A fully realized dream is full walking capability everywhere, including but not limited to: Walking on Earth-likes that I've discovered, Planets without atmosphere, full EVA, walking to and from my ship at the space port, walking to the pub, crawling away from the pub, walking to the clothier's where we can spend IRL money on your micro transaction outfits, fully walk around space stations including those crop fields we see through the glass at orbitals. So on and so forth.

• I'd like to have the ability to build a home base on a planet, especially an Earth-Like that I've discovered myself. Or own a bit of space like an apartment (flat) on a station. Complete with micro transaction furnishing of course. I'd like to loan out properties on my own planet. Yum, Taxes!

• I'd LOVE atmospheric flight.

• Please let me store my mining laser in my cargo hold, with the ability to install it while out in space, and not just at a space port.

• Question: How do we as human CMDRs currently survive out in the black on our long journeys? Where do I currently store my food stuffs like Soylent Green and Kitten Brand coffee? Is there a galley where I keep my own Hutton Mug? What about the head (water closet, restroom). Do I wee & poo in my Remlok for months at a time? That does Not sound very hygienic. How about exercise? I don't even know if we have gravity plating on our ships. If we do have gravity, I'd love to install a basket ball hoop in my Asp Explorer's 64 Ton cargo hold, right next to my work bench and tool boxes. I see several missed opportunities for micro transactions, if only FDEV would put some thought into it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. This list is in no way complete, as I find new things every log in that destroy the immersion. I'm irritated only because I love this game (or more accurately what it could be). I find the 1:1 galaxy Highly Impressive, and I appreciate how FDEV tries to keep it in line with each new IRL discovery. In no other game can you actually explore our galaxy, Not like you can here. I also appreciate the flight mechanics Greatly. I don't like the deceleration while Flight Assist is OFF, but then I remember it's a video game, and they probably don't want players exceeding the speed of light in normal space (LOL).

Remember, Fly Safe, CMDRs. And if you can't fly safe, fly DANGEROUS.
o7 CMDR wwwSCOOBYLEWcom

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these things you want already exist, I'm not sure what the problem is in some cases for instance;

• While transferring from one owned ship to another, please give us the ability to transfer the cargo (when the ship we're transferring to has the cargo room available).

You can already do that.

• While storing a ship with limpets on board, let me store the ship with the limpets STILL ON BOARD. You currently don't even let us sell them back to the station.

You can sell them back to the station using the same dialogue you purchased them with.

Deleted member 103587

D
Some of these things you want already exist, I'm not sure what the problem is in some cases for instance;

"
  • While transferring from one owned ship to another, please give us the ability to transfer the cargo (when the ship we're transferring to has the cargo room available)."
You can already do that.

"
  • While storing a ship with limpets on board, let me store the ship with the limpets STILL ON BOARD. You currently don't even let us sell them back to the station."

You can sell them back to the station using the same dialogue you purchased them with.

Both of those options must be new. I have noticed the cargo transferring last week, but as of a couple days ago I still could not find the option to sell limpets back to the station.

Aside from those two minor things, I'm pretty sure the majority of CMDRs reading this where giving me a standing ovation by the time they were done reading it. Thank you for your comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of those options must be new. I have noticed the cargo transferring last week, but as of a couple days ago I still could not find the option to sell limpets back to the station.

Aside from those two minor things, I'm pretty sure the majority of CMDRs reading this where giving me a standing ovation by the time they were done reading it. Thank you for your comment.

Technically it's not a sell back, so that's why you wouldn't have noticed it, it doesn't appear as a sell in the normal transactions location, but in the dialogue where you acquire/buy limpets is a slider that lets you select the number of limpets on your ship, you can increase the number of limpets using + to add limpets or decrease the number of limpets using - to actually take limpets out of the ship until you have 0 limpets. It's not what I would call an ideal arrangement but it does work. :D

No we weren't. Ignorance and arrogance is not a compelling combination. While reading your post all I wanted to do was reach for an air sick bag because your self centered arrogance and conceit were frankly nauseating.

My advice to you is that you rewrite your post to instead ask for a refund and go wait in the queue for "that other game" to release in 2050.

"Currently, NPC Pilots don't sit in vacant cockpit chairs. They use virtual reality to remote control Ship-Launched Fighters and the main ship. When a pilot dies he or she is permanently dead. Any Pilot rank increases are lost."

If the NPC crew member is not actually aboard my vessel, why/ how do they die when my ship explodes?

"See you around, Kid."
-- Luke Skywalker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom