General / Off-Topic My next tattoo.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
I can not even imagine doing a tattoo on my body, even a tiny tattoo.

:)
Now, don't take what I'm about to say as an attempt to persuade you to get a tattoo. If you are not at least 100% comfortable with the idea of getting a tattoo, then you should not get one. This is fine.

But... I will give my personal take on tattoos and why I like them. Ultimately, a good tattoo is chosen for what it means to the person wearing it. Make no mistake: Tattoos should absolutely be chosen with selfish bias. This is because they are a permanent mark on one's body that is only going to disappear after you pass on and your body decomposes.

As for the pain? There's no sugar coating it. Tattoos hurt. But... I like the pain. I mean I really enjoy it. It's technically self inflicted which makes it different. Crucially you can prepare for it. I suppose part of the dopamine rush it gives is that when you're under the gun, all the attention is on you. It's a nice feeling that not a lot of other things offer if I'm honest.

Now, don't take what I'm about to say as an attempt to persuade you to get a tattoo. If you are not at least 100% comfortable with the idea of getting a tattoo, then you should not get one. This is fine.

But... I will give my personal take on tattoos and why I like them. Ultimately, a good tattoo is chosen for what it means to the person wearing it. Make no mistake: Tattoos should absolutely be chosen with selfish bias. This is because they are a permanent mark on one's body that is only going to disappear after you pass on and your body decomposes.

As for the pain? There's no sugar coating it. Tattoos hurt. But... I like the pain. I mean I really enjoy it. It's technically self inflicted which makes it different. Crucially you can prepare for it. I suppose part of the dopamine rush it gives is that when you're under the gun, all the attention is on you. It's a nice feeling that not a lot of other things offer if I'm honest.
I understand what you are saying and I respect of course.

For my part, I am not attracted by tattoos at all.

Not for reasons of pain and dopamine (I have my daily ration through sport :)).

And not for symbolic reasons that could represent what it means to me (the things that mean something to me are directly tattooed for the life in my brain :) ).

In fact, if I'm not attracted to tattoos it's just because it's my personality.

And also for the respect of my skin.

I can not even imagine doing a tattoo on my body, even a tiny tattoo.

:)

The tattoo needs to choose you, really. If one doesn't, don't get one. I got two, based on pivotal experiences in my life. Before the first one I didn't give tattoos a thought except a wonder why people would do that to themselves (not including those that are actually quite artful!). Then something happened and the idea for the first one started growing. Many years later it happened. The second one had a similar history. I've had the idea and design for a third one ready for a decade, but circumstances have not been right for it. Maybe things will align and I will eventually get it, maybe not.

:D S

Deleted member 110222

D
The tattoo needs to choose you, really. If one doesn't, don't get one. I got two, based on pivotal experiences in my life. Before the first one I didn't give tattoos a thought except a wonder why people would do that to themselves (not including those that are actually quite artful!). Then something happened and the idea for the first one started growing. Many years later it happened. The second one had a similar history. I've had the idea and design for a third one ready for a decade, but circumstances have not been right for it. Maybe things will align and I will eventually get it, maybe not.

:D S
Aye. Thing that you gotta' remember is a lot of us tattoo fans are also massive advocates for personal freedom and choice. If someone doesn't want ink we're the first people to say that's a good decision.

Must have been 10 years since last getting one, and I still have some unfinished stuff on me.

Then again a chunk of my ink is stupid so this might not be a bad thing.

Top Bottom