Newcomer / Intro My old Sidewinder ......

Back in 2018/19 I used to fly a modified sidewinder and I just stumbled on a photo of it.
ED - Wombat S'winder.png
Since returning to ED, all this had/has been forgotten. It's like I was never there. 😕
I've got a new unmodified sidewinder now. However, is it possible my old one is store away somewhere, here on my PC or at the Frontier site ?
If so ...... where should I look ..... ?
Thanks.

If you haven't sold it by accident, go to your shipyard and try to do a ship transfer to your current location. It should then be listed. Even if you don't move it, least you'll know where it is

Hi,
If you're using the same email address & CMDR name, then you should have been taken back to where you left the game...
Did you start the Horizons version?
Is it a new game package? Eg free game from Epic?

Having a brand new plain Sidewinder happens:-
1 starting a new game for the first time ( you'll know because you're located in a training area)
2 if you have wiped your saved game (see 1)
3 your last ship was destroyed and you didn't have enough credits for a debug OR you mis-clicked on the re-buy page. In this case you'll be in the main universe.

If you have your original email and password for the Store, you can login & re-download from there.
Note that if you've changed email address, only support can help - your CMDR name is unique, but the email address is the identifier for the cloud saved games...

CMDR Colp

If you haven't sold it by accident, go to your shipyard and try to do a ship transfer to your current location. It should then be listed. Even if you don't move it, least you'll know where it is
I understand there are many shipyards, so what do you mean by "your ship" ?
Also if there are many shipyards, is it a matter of going to each and search for my explorer ?
Thanks.

Hi,
If you're using the same email address & CMDR name, then you should have been taken back to where you left the game...
Did you start the Horizons version?
Is it a new game package? Eg free game from Epic?

Having a brand new plain Sidewinder happens:-
1 starting a new game for the first time ( you'll know because you're located in a training area)
2 if you have wiped your saved game (see 1)
3 your last ship was destroyed and you didn't have enough credits for a debug OR you mis-clicked on the re-buy page. In this case you'll be in the main universe.

If you have your original email and password for the Store, you can login & re-download from there.
Note that if you've changed email address, only support can help - your CMDR name is unique, but the email address is the identifier for the cloud saved games...

CMDR Colp
Thanks for that. For many of your questions, I have forgotten the answers. When I returned to ED, I deliberately started with a new craft not expecting to use my original one again.
If my CMDR name is the same in each case (and it is); and there is a choice of only two email addresses, is it possible to do a search for the craft I have owned (and it'll only be two) ?
Thanks.

I never said 'your ship', i said go to your shipyard, but let's make this easy. Pictures speak more...

Shipyard1.jpg
Shipyard2.jpg
Shipyard3.jpg

Once you get to this screen, although in this picture there are no ships listed, if you had one anywhere else in the galaxy, it will show up here, meaning you can transfer it to your current location, or at least the page will tell you where your missing ship is.

I never said 'your ship', i said go to your shipyard, but let's make this easy. Pictures speak more...
Sorry. I real stuff-up by me ! I meant to write "your shipyard" NOT "your ship". 😖 I understood you meant "shipyard" but only wrote "s-h-i-p" 😠 So thank you for still communicating with me after what must have really p****d you off ! It would if it were me .....
Anyway .... moving on .... ;)
(y)
View attachment 197415View attachment 197416View attachment 197417

Once you get to this screen, although in this picture there are no ships listed, if you had one anywhere else in the galaxy, it will show up here, meaning you can transfer it to your current location, or at least the page will tell you where your missing ship is.
Perfect! I'll give it go .....

Sorry. I real stuff-up by me ! I meant to write "your shipyard" NOT "your ship". 😖 I understood you meant "shipyard" but only wrote "s-h-i-p" 😠 So thank you for still communicating with me after what must have really p****d you off ! It would if it were me .....
Anyway .... moving on .... ;)

Perfect! I'll give it go .....
There's 5 ships for sale. but like you, I have nothing in the Galaxy to transfer. :cry: However, the great thing is that I now know, under my current login condition, I have nothing else out there. (y) Maybe under the same CMDR name but a different email address, I could have something, but that's history, and for me, long gone. Good luck if somebody else has "pitched" it. 😄 Thanks again Gibbon. (y)

Top Bottom