General / Off-Topic [My Opinion] Perhaps April Fool's Day 2020 Should Be Cancelled [/My Opinion] + Some Astronaut Advice

He is not particularly big. Anyone, who has the time, (24/7 in his case) can do 100s of reps, of any form of exercise. So yes it works, but there are dozens of examples, from other people, we can use to show this. Charles Atlas for example.

I'd never exercise for vanity, so I'm not going to be judging a routine by how well it suits body builders. Nor is there a question of whether or not someone with enough time could figure out something that works, rather the idea of even reading something like this would be to shortcut one's way to something that has already been demonstrated to work. Since Bronson has set numerous records and evidently has considerable experience with maintaining physical fitness on a limited diet, in close quarters, with no access to equipment, he would seem to have at least some authority in the matter and could be a good source to consider. Not that I'd taking his word as gospel, of course...he's not a doctor, nutritionist, or personal trainer and some of his stuff seems dubious in terms of safety.

In terms of entertainment value, even a quick skim of Bronson's book suggests he'd rank higher than Atlas in this regard.

That he's self-serving and probably insane is not remotely surprising for a violent felon who has spent decades in solitary confinement, it's also neither here nor there.

I'd never exercise for vanity, so I'm not going to be judging a routine by how well it suits body builders. Nor is there a question of whether or not someone with enough time could figure out something that works, rather the idea of even reading something like this would be to shortcut one's way to something that has already been demonstrated to work. Since Bronson has set numerous records and evidently has considerable experience with maintaining physical fitness on a limited diet, in close quarters, with no access to equipment, he would seem to have at least some authority in the matter and could be a good source to consider. Not that I'd taking his word as gospel, of course...he's not a doctor, nutritionist, or personal trainer and some of his stuff seems dubious in terms of safety.

In terms of entertainment value, even a quick skim of Bronson's book suggests he'd rank higher than Atlas in this regard.

That he's self-serving and probably insane is not remotely surprising for a violent felon who has spent decades in solitary confinement, it's also neither here nor there.
Err... OK. You need to understand that, the books, the film, are all from his own words/perspective. Most of the time, the reality has been something quite different.

Example: He basically eats what he wants to eat. He gets his own way, most of the time, due to the support he has from the outside or because he makes people suffer, if he does not get what he wants. The solitary thing, is of his own making, the guy is a nightmare for the system to deal with. Although sectioned a number of times, he has gone out of his way, to prove that he is basically sane, (if using violence or the threat of it, to get his own way, can be considered sane) to get back into the main prison population and strut his stuff and get the adulation, he cannot seem to live without. As I have said, I have met the guy, walked the same landings as him and to be honest, the grown ups, have no time for him and do not want him, sharing the same space as them, because he is trouble, nothing more, nothing less. As to him being fit etc.. This is nothing unusual, most young men that go inside, will get into the fitness thing, I used to squat thrust the double bunks, or bench press the single ones. There is nothing really better to do and the ego, which is surrounded by guys doing the same, tends to go with the flow. He just did it a lot solitary confinement, because he had to; along with the constant shouting for attention and other things, one can do alone, not to be mentioned here, or in his book.

I am not sure, if you have an issue with the fact that I questioned your choice of example, or if you really admire the guy.

Err... OK. You need to understand that, the books, the film, are all from his own words/perspective. Most of the time, the reality has been something quite different.

Example: He basically eats what he wants to eat. He gets his own way, most of the time, due to the support he has from the outside or because he makes people suffer, if he does not get what he wants. The solitary thing, is of his own making, the guy is a nightmare for the system to deal with. Although sectioned a number of times, he has gone out of his way, to prove that he is basically sane, (if using violence or the threat of it, to get his own way, can be considered sane) to get back into the main prison population and strut his stuff and get the adulation, he cannot seem to live without. As I have said, I have met the guy, walked the same landings as him and to be honest, the grown ups, have no time for him and do not want him, sharing the same space as them, because he is trouble, nothing more, nothing less.

I've never seen any film about or featuring Bronson, unless we're talking about the guy he stole the name from.

Regardless, none of this is surprising, nor, with the exception of the point about access to food, relevant to anything.

As to him being fit etc.. This is nothing unusual, most young men that go inside, will get into the fitness thing

Do they also have books focusing on their fitness routines?

I am not sure, if you have an issue with the fact that I questioned your choice of example, or if you really admire the guy.

Well, you haven't provided any alternative examples of those who have spent decades confined to small cells who have published credible fitness routines.

I get the impression that you're biased against a work not for it's content, but because of whose name is on it. Certainly I'm viewing it as a potentially useful resource because of the exploits of the author, but only as far as they are relevant to topic I originally quoted. How much of a scumbag he may be is utterly meaningless.

I've never seen any film about or featuring Bronson, unless we're talking about the guy he stole the name from.

Regardless, none of this is surprising, nor, with the exception of the point about access to food, relevant to anything.

Do they also have books focusing on their fitness routines?

Well, you haven't provided any alternative examples of those who have spent decades confined to small cells who have published credible fitness routines.

I get the impression that you're biased against a work not for it's content, but because of whose name is on it. Certainly I'm viewing it as a potentially useful resource because of the exploits of the author, but only as far as they are relevant to topic I originally quoted. How much of a scumbag he may be is utterly meaningless.
Correct.

Truth be told: After he has gone, I would have him deleted from history.

How about this, just off of the top of my head.

Correct.

Truth be told: After he has gone, I would have him deleted from history.

I'd prefer to preserve everything, for the sake of posterity. Never know when a bit of knowledge will be useful.

Short of Star Trek Picard, I can't think of anything I'd actively like to forget.

How about this, just off of the top of my head.

That's a little too vague.

I didn't even know who this was until I saw you guys talking about him. Honestly, I didn't find anything too objectionable from the information I was able to glean from a quick search. Not excusing the behavior that put him in prison in the first place, but I've got a soft spot in my heart for non conformists.

Yes, this is the reason. Due to a small minority, like those, who think it is funny to cough at others in the street.
That's happened here too... people are sociopaths.

People losing loved ones, people not being able to visit their loved ones in hospital..... people not being able to bury their loved ones.

Yeah; it's going to be some good April Foolin'; NOT.

Top Bottom