My Planco experience.

Hello Devs of Planco, I want to express my appreciation for this game. I am in my 50s, I have played many many many games in my life starting with pong. I own around 250 games on Steam and many in boxes from the old days. So I'm quite experienced in gaming. My all-time fav is and still is...XCOM from the early 90s. I haven't played every single game out there of course...but most.. There are only a few games out there that have stood the test of time, Sim City, XCOM, Doom, Rollercoaster Tycoon...and many more., and now their counterparts, City Skylines, XCOM, Planet Coaster, and a few others. Building games seem to be my forte, so Planco has been my personal favorite for 3yrs now. With over 2000 hrs in this game, I can say with a little criticism, this is the best building game still. My problem with this game is more my computers than the game itself, I seemed to have fixed my crash issues by uninstalling Nvidia Experience. Now it only crashes every few hrs instead of every 5min. Fine with me as long as I can play it. save save save... anyways...this is really a love letter. ps.. you have a lot to live up to with Planco 2 and we expect more with the next one. Big shoes to fill. pps...anything you want to add to Planco would be more than welcome and praised by us all.

Even though I play on PS4, I had been following Planet Coaster since it was first announced. All I can say is that it may be the best simulation/sandbox game I have ever played, and I can't stop thinking about building parks. Also, it has the best soundtrack of any game I have ever played. There is just something magical about this game and I love it.

Hello.

I write to you about the excellent game "Planet Coaster".

I bought all the add-ons, enough to make sensational parks.

Yet, a restriction system called "Oswald-Eugene counter" prevents to create large-scale parks, and it climbs very quickly. Either we confine ourselves to small parks without much interest, or we try a large one that we will not be able to finish and it is very frustrating.

This meter , from what I understand, limits the objects to be managed and calculated for the console, allowing a smooth game.
However, some, On YouTube, via a trick, like "copy / paste" were able to reach 300% without affecting the possibilities of the console.

Also, could you, without going that far, raise the meter to 150% at least.

There is not much missing to finalize a very complete park with a train going around the park and a cable car, already present on my park.

To avoid from too heavy calculations, limit the number of visitors displayed, a parameter that is not proposed. The others being just calculated regarding their attitude but not present on the screen.

The paths and squares make the meter climb quite quickly . Why not propose a choice of maps with the path and squares already created. We would just have to put the attractions, the shops as well as the scenery and vegetation. What would remain a big job of creation and fun. Making sure to be able to put at least one giant attraction and several spaces for the others.

These pre-established maps would save 50% or even more on the "Oswald-Eugene counter" which is not negligible. These cards could even be automatically generated via settings, decided by you or the player. Integer hills automatically or flat ground like a pool table. It would also be appreciated if the buildings merged with the décor perfectly, without leaving a space or an inexplicable hole. The field tools being sometimes inoperative on certain areas.

Finally, when you have several parks, why not connect them with a train or the monorail?
The game would manage the economy of 2 or 3 parks but would only display the selected park.
The park change station would be present on the map and configurable like the others. We would see the trains arrive and leave with the passengers of the corresponding parks .
By clicking on it, a destination park would be proposed among those existing. The loading of the destination park would be symbolized by the 3D view of the train connecting one park to another.
A kinematics actually hiding the loading. System seen in other games.

I hope that you will retain some remarks and ideas. The most important being to raise the "Oswald-Eugene counter"

Cordially,

Patrick

I have had no issues with the OE counter. Build smart and you won't have any problems. Also, I keep it on screen at all times. I am currently working on a park that is quite large and detailed and it is only at 56 percent.

Edit: The game on consoles limits the amount of guest at 4,000 and that can be changed even lower if you desire.

Last edited:
Top Bottom