Newcomer / Intro My Return to ED ......

Now doesn't that look nice. Would like to do that for my 34LY Home Sphere. :D
Shame, bit blurry here ..... :(
ED - EDSM.jpg

Mere 56 jumps for me ....... ;)
Maybe one day I'll be able to talk you into gathering the materials for Engineered FSD V1, and the Guardian FSD booster 😉
You can then put them in an ASP X or Phantom and get a 60 to 65ly+ jump range so you can travel out further.
It took a lot of time to nudge my Phantom up to 70ly+ jump range (with light weight engineering on modules like sensors and life support) and it's arguably not worth it for that last 5ly of jump range.
23 jumps back to Teveri for me.

Last edited:
Just to advise, my home Station and System has changed. I am still in my 34LY Personal Sphere (bubble), but have moved from ABE RESERVE in the LHS 2265 System to the BULGARIN RING in the KADUVUMBAA System. The System is smaller and contains most of the important ED Bodies, while the Station is very well serviced, such that I should be able to perform more effectively. I have transferred my other two ships, my Sidewinder and Cobra Mk III, to the newly adopted Station.

Last edited:
Just to advise, my home Station and System has changed. I am still in my 34LY Personal Sphere (bubble), but have moved from ABE RESERVE in the LHS 2265 System to the BULGARIN RING in the KADUVUMBAA System. The System is smaller and contains most of the important ED Bodies, while the Station is very well serviced, such that I should be able to perform more effectively. I have transferred my other two ships, my Sidewinder and Cobra Mk III, to the newly adopted Station
Choosing a home system can be very hard. For me it took months to hunt down the right system that had all the things I wanted in it, even though I was using 3rd party tools too.

My criteria was...
1. System had to have a main star at least K class or above.
2. No big orbital space stations.
3. At least 1 orbital outpost.
4. A big terrestrial base.
5. The terrestrial base had to have a shipyard to store my ships in.
6. All bases had to be within 5000ls of main star.
7. The body that the terrestrial base was on, had to not be tidally locked to the star or it's planet (if a moon). I wanted a main base that had a day/night sequence.
8. At least 1 base had to have a refinery or extraction economy.
9. The system had to have at least 2 ringed planets with different types of rings (I like mining).
10. The system needed to have at least 5 native factions (native so that they could not be expelled by other non-native factions).
11. At least one of the factions had to be Corporate or Corporation (I'd then support them).
12. The system had to be near the edge of the bubble and not be invaded by a powerplay super group.
13. The native factions all needed to be Independent.
14. System needed a fair few landable bodies for mat collecting.
15. System needed a low traffic footprint and a low (to start with) population.

etc, etc, etc....

Anyway I finally found the perfect system for me and then got my chosen adopted faction to the top and took over the system and it's 3 bases.
It's now a peaceful independent haven for trade and mining and I am allied with all the native factions.
Almost everything I need for my style of gameplay is in that system, unless I go into the black to explore.

Last edited:
Choosing a home system can be very hard. For me it took months to hunt down the right system that had all the things I wanted in it, even though I was using 3rd party tools too.

My criteria was...
1. System had to have a main star at least K class or above.
2. No big orbital space stations.
3. At least 1 orbital outpost.
4. A big terrestrial base.
5. The terrestrial base had to have a shipyard to store my ships in.
6. All bases had to be within 5000ls of main star.
7. The body that the terrestrial base was on, had to not be tidally locked to the star or it's planet (if a moon). I wanted a main base that had a day/night sequence.
8. At least 1 base had to have a refinery or extraction economy.
9. The system had to have at least 2 ringed planets with different types of rings (I like mining).
10. The system needed to have at least 5 native factions (native so that they could not be expelled by other non-native factions).
11. At least one of the factions had to be Corporate or Corporation (I'd then support them).
12. The system had to be near the edge of the bubble and not be invaded by a powerplay super group.
13. The native factions all needed to be Independent.
14. System needed a fair few landable bodies for mat collecting.
15. System needed a low traffic footprint and a low (to start with) population.

etc, etc, etc....

Anyway I finally found the perfect system for me and then got my chosen adopted faction to the top and took over the system and it's 3 bases.
It's now a peaceful independent haven for trade and mining and I am allied with all the native factions.
Almost everything I need for my style of gameplay is in that system, unless I go into the black to explore.
WOW ! That's some list ! 😲
I doubt my System would meet half of those conditions.
But in truth, many of those conditions wouldn't mean anything to me. Maybe as I become more ED-H savvy, yes, but not yet.
What would my conditions be ? :unsure:
1. Have at least one scoopable Star.
2. Have at least one Station where I can refuel, get repaired, and store my ships.
3. Have a Cartographic option at the Station.
4. Have at least one Outpost.
5. Have at least one Planetary Base where I can Dock.
6. Have at least one Planet that I can land on.
7. The System needs to be inside my 34LY Sphere.
8. The System be "small", with short distances between Objects, natural or man-made, achieved easily in SuperCruise.
9. Have a Navigation Beacon.
10. Have a Passenger Lounge at the Station.

And that's about it. My BULGARIN RING in the KADUVUMBAA System, doesn't have a Planetary Base (maybe I can build one), but so be it. It has all the rest, or I think it does. ;)
EDIT: I was wrong. It does have at least one Planet Base I can dock at. (y)

Last edited:
Your list would be forfilled in my home system, except for not being inside your bubble. My HS is just on the outskirts of the main bubble.

Also, it's not a good idea to tell people where your HS is.
Most players won't care to be honest, but some will probably want to undermine your system by doing the bgs and turning your system into an Anarchy and effecting things like the available missions and economy.

They can't take things away like a shipyard or universal cartography, etc... but they can upset the balance in an otherwise peaceful system.

Only share your HS with people you trust, squadron members, etc... It's too late now of course lol but maybe keep it a secret if you decide to move on again.

Last edited:
I was was looking for:
Within 3 jumps of Jameson Memorial station for ship and module purchased.
A democracy.
A manufacture materials trader (I like engineering my ships).
As close as possible to main star - no more than 500ls out.
A player faction I could join in control.

My first attempt I found a player faction not behaving as a benevolent democracy's - first thing they asked me to do was assasinate their own factions citizens to manipulate faction's influence downwards to boost minor factions making it harder for other player factions to gain a foot hold. "Don't worry about it, the people you are killing are traitors and weaklings" I was told. I quit that Discord server and found a much smaller faction that behaved correctly to join instead.

Last edited:
I guess I never had a true "home base" as such.

I had various systems that were convenient for whatever I was doing at the time. I don't even recall the names of most of them now.

Once I had my first Elite rank I moved everything to Shinrarta Dezhra and used Jameson Memorial as a home base, mostly because I was into buying and outfitting ships and Jameson Memorial is a one-stop-shop for everything, and has a discount to boot.

But I never felt like I had a home, per se. I just had places that were useful at the time.

Now I guess my carrier is my home base. It goes with me wherever I go, so I'm a true nomad now :)

I was was looking for:
Within 3 jumps of Jameson Memorial station for ship and module purchased.
A democracy.
A manufacture materials trader (I like engineering my ships).
As close as possible to main star - no more than 50ls out.
A player faction I could join in control.

My first attempt I found a player faction not behaving as a benevolent democracy's - first thing they asked me to do was assasinate their own factions citizens to manipulate faction's influence downwards to boost minor factions making it harder for other player factions to gain a foot hold. "Don't worry about it, the people you are killing are traitors and weeklings" I was told. I quit that Discord server and found a much smaller faction that behaved correctly to join instead.
Now that's my Man!!! :D (y)

Top Bottom