My ship seems to have boldly gone... without me...

Well, I've tried searching to see if something similar has happened and drawn blanks. I landed on Halai A 3 to give a generator a well deserved break. Couldn't reach the genny so I drove off and recalled my trusty Cobra MkIII. It seemed to be taking a while so I locked on and it appears to be 9,223,372,036,854,775,808Ly away... Which seems a tad extreme. I thought we got on well...

Anyway, my SRV fuel seems to be running out so this could get interesting. I don't appear to be able to attach pics but here's a link to some I posted on Twitter: https://twitter.com/phil_lunt/status/760969918271594497?s=09

It's probably nothing and will go back to normal in a bit...

Last edited:
Well, I've tried searching to see if something similar has happened and drawn blanks. I landed on Halai A 3 to give a generator a well deserved break. Couldn't reach the genny so I drove off and recalled my trusty Cobra MkIII. It seemed to be taking a while so I locked ob and it appears to be 9,223,372,036,854,775,808Ly away... Which seems a tad extreme. I though we got on well...

Anyway, my SRV fuel seems to be running out so this could get interesting. I don't appear to be able to attach pics but here's a link to some I posted on Twitter: https://twitter.com/phil_lunt/status/760969918271594497?s=09

It's probably nothing and will go back to normal in a bit...

What better way to study a civilizations technology than to abduct an empty ship? People think thargoids are coming, but they reside in our own Galaxy. 9 quintillion LY is far, far beyond our own Galaxy. Beware, commanders! Get your foil hats! Some kind of intergalactic menace is stealing ships!

Last edited:
They don't want us, they want our ships!

For a bit, anyway. Mine came back, just when I'd got used to the idea of spending the rest of my days travelling home, too... Ah well... Stinks of Thargoid, this...

Only 9 and a quarter quintillion light years? Should be back by Supper™*
*Supper™ referring to a supper some time in the far, far, far distant future
They don't want us, they want our ships!
Due to the UA scanning the ships and delivering the schematics back to the Thargoids, they decided the ships were much more worth their time to take than the lives of their pathetic Human operators. :p

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain that Narn isn't G'Kar. It may be the Narn captain Sheridan gives sanctuary to at the end of season 2. Or it could also be the Centauri Collaborator who comes to replace G'Kar on the Bab5 advisory council in season 3.

Last edited:
Heh! :D I have to admit, nine quintillion light-years is a genuinely impressive bug. Any idea what caused it?

[BTW: I think Mr Lizard's Narn avatar is Ta'Lon, played by Marshall Teague.]

For reference (I'll try replicating the issue later) the actual location was Stoke's Vision, HALAI A 3... I'd ruffled the feathers of the security bods there and then, when it became clear it wasn't 'really' low security, I'd pegged it :D

I thought I'd lost mine once too. IIRC it will take off by itself after a certain amount of time has elapsed and you can't call it back until you are a certain amount of distance away from the settlement - like, a few kms I think. So if it has gone when you go looking for it then drive your srv away from the settlement. Not quite sure what will happen if you run out of fuel before getting far enough away - you may have to suicide.

I thought I'd lost mine once too. IIRC it will take off by itself after a certain amount of time has elapsed and you can't call it back until you are a certain amount of distance away from the settlement - like, a few kms I think. So if it has gone when you go looking for it then drive your srv away from the settlement. Not quite sure what will happen if you run out of fuel before getting far enough away - you may have to suicide.

I always dismiss my ship manually and then recall it once a safe distance from the target settlement. The 'ship not coming back due to being 9 quintillion Light Years away' is the unusual issue in this instance :D

@OP: why does that surprise you?
it is a well known fact in this game taht ships without a human pilot have a llmitless jump range.

Well, it's happened again. Same planet, same settlement, same 9 quintillion Ly gap between me and my ship. This time I'll trash my SRV...

Top Bottom