My Thargoid Encounter

Greetings Commanders,
Based on the advice of extremely helpful Commanders I set off for the Bug Killer/SRV site. I arrived and spent some time analyzing, gathering, etc while (whilst?) keeping an eye on the skies. After a few hours and nothing, I log off.
The next time I log in I'm wondering if maybe venturing further in the Galactic Map would yeild better results. So I open it and I'm figuring out where to go next which takes a little while. Then I hear COVAS say something about an unusual wake pattern so I look up and there is a tear in the sky so I'm getting excited now! A Thargoid! I get into free camera mode ready to capture the whole interaction on PS4 video and...
...nothing.
I'm searching the sky and nothing is there but a Thargoid wake.
I missed the whole thing* by messing with the Galactic map.
The Thargoid did it's thing while my dumbass was distracted.
My First Contact experience with the Thargoids was getting mooned on their way out.
Classic.

I was hanging around a Thargoid Structure last night hoping one would turn up too - I parked my SRV on the top of the central chamber for a while, but no luck.

They turn up much quicker at the abandoned settlements I've visited.

Greetings Commanders,
Based on the advice of extremely helpful Commanders I set off for the Bug Killer/SRV site. I arrived and spent some time analyzing, gathering, etc while (whilst?) keeping an eye on the skies. After a few hours and nothing, I log off.
The next time I log in I'm wondering if maybe venturing further in the Galactic Map would yeild better results. So I open it and I'm figuring out where to go next which takes a little while. Then I hear COVAS say something about an unusual wake pattern so I look up and there is a tear in the sky so I'm getting excited now! A Thargoid! I get into free camera mode ready to capture the whole interaction on PS4 video and...
...nothing.
I'm searching the sky and nothing is there but a Thargoid wake.
I missed the whole thing* by messing with the Galactic map.
The Thargoid did it's thing while my dumbass was distracted.
My First Contact experience with the Thargoids was getting mooned on their way out.
Classic.
Just keep going to various places, there's LOADS, you are bound to get an encounter at some point - you might even get hyperdicted in the right places.

Just keep going to various places, there's LOADS, you are bound to get an encounter at some point - you might even get hyperdicted in the right places.
I would note that picking up a Thargoid sensor or probe marks you for hyperdiction and significantly increases the chance to be hyperdicted. If you do not, then the chances are extremely small outside of incursions.

Fair warning: There is no known way to unmark yourself once marked (although FDev have hinted that it may not be permanent). If you do pick one up, keep in mind that you will have around 1/5 chance to be hyperdicted on any jump in the Pleiades and Witch head regions. (It may be cool at first, but it can get a bit annoying if you are not looking to be hyperdicted.)

You want Thargoids? Then build yourself a Thargoid hunter/killer.

When Thargoids first appeared, I built an AX Corvette (which is too slow to be your best bet now). However, did manage to kill about 50 Cyclops (half solo and half in wings). It was fun but did lose a few ships in the learning process.

Did encounter some Basilisks, these were harder to kill and would take practice.

There are methods to solo even the higher caste Thargoids, plenty of info on how to available.

Good luck!

That's what random encounter rolls does. Mindless repitition and when the real thing happens the user passed out while rolling the dice "just one more time". Seriously - who puts story behind RNG? That's just insane.

"Now that us a proper introduction"-Arrival
Logged in to find one hovering over my ship and it was BEAUTIFUL! The Thargoid ships are absolutely gorgeous why would anyone try to destroy them? Unless you're getting fired upon first of course. And just as it was getting ready to wake out ANOTHER swooped overhead!
WOOT!

The Thargoid ships are absolutely gorgeous why would anyone try to destroy them?
Because they look even better as a green explosion?

temp.png

Last edited:
"Now that us a proper introduction"-Arrival
Logged in to find one hovering over my ship and it was BEAUTIFUL! The Thargoid ships are absolutely gorgeous why would anyone try to destroy them? Unless you're getting fired upon first of course. And just as it was getting ready to wake out ANOTHER swooped overhead!
WOOT!
I first encountered them over 3 decades ago and they definitely shot first.

Top Bottom