Mystery's continuation: New message from ''Salvation''

Yeah it was confusing to find 16 less than 100 LY from 14, which would mean if genuine that there was a very sharp turn at 15. In the event that wasn't the case.

It would have had some impact on the search for someone that found 14 and 16 but not 15. It'd have indicated a sharp turn on the Hesperus part while in reality they were likely just going around the permit locked systems.
Oh please don't let this conclude in a permit locked system..... we already have too many dead ends like that :/

Oh please don't let this conclude in a permit locked system..... we already have too many dead ends like that :/

I don't think it will, there's plenty of start system in a 300ly radius around the 17th beacon and if they were going around the permit locked region they weren't going in it.

Just realized. If we're looking for a crashed ship it's a good thing they fixed the POIs spawning through the galaxy yesterday! That would make for a lot of false alarms to chase down.

Edit: Or do they still show up everywhere? (First planet I've scanned in the region of #17)
2021-06-11 06_38_24-Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT).png

Last edited:
Just realized. If we're looking for a crashed ship it's a good thing they fixed the POIs spawning through the galaxy yesterday! That would make for a lot of false alarms to chase down.

Edit: Or do they still show up everywhere? (First planet I've scanned in the region of #17) View attachment 239035
I think you need to leave the bubble a bit more for them to disappear completely as I too have been a bit frustrated by these showing up on my planet scans :)

I think you need to leave the bubble a bit more for them to disappear completely as I too have been a bit frustrated by these showing up on my planet scans :)
This one... 250Ly or something from the nearest populated system or something like that?

This one... 250Ly or something from the nearest populated system or something like that?
Ah ok Looks like the nearest system to the beacon with a population is 289 ly away. (PMD2009 48)

I'm hoping the escape ship will be uniquely ID'd in the scans then.

Salvation is an uncontrolled AI. We will need to choose whether to use him against the Thargoids – mirroring the dilemma the Guardians faced.

Perhaps he was even built using Guardian tech by one of the missing crews, and has been biding his time and learning for the past 200 years.

In the end, we'll find out Salvation tricked us and he was the OG genocidal Guardian AI all along. He'll then reveal something that puts the Thargoid conflict in a different perspective and reveal why he murdered the Guardians.
I suspect Salvation is actually Thunderchild from the GCs Saravati logs, an AI developed to protect humanity by listening for Thargoid signals, but when Galcop collapsed and Project Equinox was closed down he was abandoned. He’s been patiently watching ever since and is now moving to protect humanity from the goid threat. Which was recently exacerbated by the Alliance terrabombing ammonia worlds in the Coalsack.

I suspect Salvation is actually Thunderchild from the GCs Saravati logs, an AI developed to protect humanity by listening for Thargoid signals, but when Galcop collapsed and Project Equinox was closed down he was abandoned. He’s been patiently watching ever since and is now moving to protect humanity from the goid threat. Which was recently exacerbated by the Alliance terrabombing ammonia worlds in the Coalsack.
Salvation is an alt for someone completely human and whom we already know. You write Thunderchild in combination with "he". In fact, Project Thunderchild Unit 01 was a possibly semi-sentient program created by Project Thunderchild. But thank you for mentioning all this, it is inspiration for re-research tough I am not sure if the new FDev lore guys really bind these old loose ends.

Man, I will laugh if my theory actually turns out to be true. I always always frustrated the Saravasti never led to anything.

When the survivors of the Hesperus talk about continuing their mission, I think that they might be continuing onwards in the direction that the Hesperus had been taking and trying to reach her next port of call.
Looking at possible locations in the trajectory from beacon 17 to the Hesperus' final resting place, there seem to be three, close to the 300LY limit: NGC 752 SECTOR, M34 SECTOR and NGC 1039.
There is a chance that this will lead to an Odyssey-only location, so although I've now flown out to the edge of NGC 7522 SECTOR in Horizons on my laptop, I need time to update the family desktop (which can run it, albeit slowly, well enough for space-based scanning and mapping) before I resume my search. Else I'll be confined to searching for the remaining beacons, which look like they might be found in between beacon 3 and the Witch Head Nebula.

All beacons found, see Beacon List tab.

Edit:
Beacon #System the Beacon was found inBeacon Text
1HIP 44101AZB2/HOO2255/TX-B-01
2Col 285 Sector WH-O a22-2AZB2/HOO2255/TX-B-02
3COL 285 Sector NV-N B7-4AZB2/HOO2255/TX-B-03
4Synuefe FM-S B37-4AZB2/H002255/TX-B-04
5Synuefe BA-X B34-2AZB2/H002255/TX-B-05
6Synuefe JJ-O d7-55AZB2/H002255/TX-B-06
7Synuefe HY-P D6-31AZB2/H002255/TX-B-07
8Synuefe MQ-H C12-4AZB2/H002255/TX-B-08
9Synuefe RJ-U B21-0AZB2/H002255/TX-B-09
10Witch Head Sector OT-Q B5-0AZB2/H002255/TX-B-10
11Horsehead Sector CB-O b6-0AZB2/H002255/TX-B-11
12Flame Sector PI-T b3-0AZB2/H002255/TX-B-12
13NGC 1999 Sector HN-S B4-0AZB2/H002255/TX-B-13
14NGC 1999 Sector ZU-X b1-0AZB2/H002255/TX-B-14
15Trapezium Sector FH-U c3-3AZB2/H002255/TX-B-15
16Col 69 Sector VK-E c12-10AZB2/H002255/TX-B-16
17Col 69 Sector LY-H C10-0AZB2/H002255/TX-B-17

So which way do we think they would have went. I'm assuming they would not have taken the course that the Hesperus took towards the Perseus region where it was found. The most notable galactic feature I see nearby is the Orion Dark Region which just happen to be within the 300ly range (~290ly) of the last beacon. It also seems to be more towards the original course . That's where I'll be focusing my attention at least.

So which way do we think they would have went. I'm assuming they would not have taken the course that the Hesperus took towards the Perseus region where it was found. The most notable galactic feature I see nearby is the Orion Dark Region which just happen to be within the 300ly range (~290ly) of the last beacon. It also seems to be more towards the original course . That's where I'll be focusing my attention at least.
I kinda had similar thoughts. I lined up Beacon 17 with the final resting place of the Hesperus and started scouring systems in-between. Some COL70 permit stuff making it a bit janky here and there, and no luck so far. Some nice biological sites though!

Deleted member 115407

D
Why have I not received any of this? Should I have done something special?

Top Bottom