Mystery's continuation: New message from ''Salvation''

Hesperus was scuttled by sleeper agents from a rival biotech company. Dredgers merely found the derelict remains and scavenged what was left. It's a bit weird how far it drifted from its apparent "last known" position based on beacon #17 (Col 69 Sector LY-H C10-0), though. I'm not saying thargoids had anything to do with the ship's destruction, but the beacon-route's proximity to the horsehead nebula and the timing of the Alexandria disappearance makes me suspect a common thread.
Hesperus didn't make it to beacon 17 acvording to Salvation though. Hesperus made it as far as it did before the surviving crew left in the secondary craft which had 300Ly range, which puts them in range of beacon 17 (presumably the remaining beacons were launched from the secondary craft)

Hesperus didn't make it to beacon 17 acvording to Salvation though. Hesperus made it as far as it did before the surviving crew left in the secondary craft which had 300Ly range, which puts them in range of beacon 17 (presumably the remaining beacons were launched from the secondary craft)

As far as I understand Salvations message, Hesperus dropped 17 beacons before they were boarded by Pharmasapien. At around this point the remaining crew fled with the 300ly "shuttle". After the boarding and sabotage, Hesperus was either moved or drifted away from this 17th beacon and ended up where it was found by the Dredgers

I'm still curious what we will find. Possibly "just" another crashed ship with logs. Maybe a settlement? Something new entirely? Damnit, and of course I have to work this Friday and Saturday 🤦‍♂️

I'm still curious what we will find. Possibly "just" another crashed ship with logs. Maybe a settlement? Something new entirely? Damnit, and of course I have to work this Friday and Saturday 🤦‍♂️
i want it to be some on-foot goodies, but fear it will be Horizons- only stuff

i want it to be some on-foot goodies, but fear it will be Horizons- only stuff

Same here. This sort of content would be what I thought Odyssey was all about. Exploring derelict and lost settlements, looking for clues and lore pieces.

I'm honestly not sure if there has ever been an event or CG that effectively kept out the parts of the community who do not own the latest expansion. Imagine the storm if some CMDR arrives at this last location only to see that he cannot land there because it's a planet with an atmosphere

More locations came in thick and fast overnight. From the Canonn Discord:

Located Beacons
================================
Beacon #01 | HIP 44101 | @Fundevin | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-01
Beacon #02 | Col 285 Sector WH-O a22-2 | @Sawley | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-02
Beacon #03 | Col 285 Sector NV-N b7-4 | @Namix | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-03
Beacon #04 |
Beacon #05 |
Beacon #06 |
Beacon #07 |
Beacon #08 |
Beacon #09 | Synuefe RJ-U B21-0 System | WesUAH / @cmdr Lurch The | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-09
Beacon #10 | Witch Head Sector OT-Q b5-0 | @The Shrike | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-10
Beacon #11 | Horsehead Sector CB-O b6-0 | @Snedex | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-11
Beacon #12 | Flame Sector PI-T b3-0 | @[OBT] bagofholding | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-12
Beacon #13 | NGC 1999 Sector HN-S B4-0 | @DaftMav | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-13
Beacon #14 | NGC 1999 Sector ZU-X b1-0 | @[PC] CMDR Trident411 | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-14
Beacon #15 | Col 69 Sector VK-E c12-10 | @Sir_Benton | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-15 (Should be 16?)
Beacon #16 | Trapezium Sector FH-U c3-3 | @[PC] CMDR Trident411 | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-16 (Should be 15?)
Beacon #17 | Col 69 Sector LY-H c10-0 | @Zador | AZB2/H002255/TX-B-17

Found Order
================================
1 > 10 > 11 > 12 > 13 > 14 > 16 (15?) > 9 > 3 > 15 (16?) > 17 > 2

Also from Canonn;

"There is some debate about 15-16-17. We don't know when the ship was hijacked along the path or when the beacon dropper was shut off in relation to the Azimuth crew escaping. So it is either an fdev naming error or a plot clue within the irregular spacing of beacons 15-16-17."

I'm honestly not sure if there has ever been an event or CG that effectively kept out the parts of the community who do not own the latest expansion. Imagine the storm if some CMDR arrives at this last location only to see that he cannot land there because it's a planet with an atmosphere
They didn't do them very often, but there were CGs involving Guardian tech before Horizons was made free (one of them very early in Horizons life), and a few others which required surface interactions in some form.

Thargoid barnacles, and most of the other interesting Thargoid and Guardian sites were surface-based, and there were various events to hint at their locations.

I wouldn't be surprised if this led somewhere Odyssey-only.

They didn't do them very often, but there were CGs involving Guardian tech before Horizons was made free (one of them very early in Horizons life), and a few others which required surface interactions in some form.

Thargoid barnacles, and most of the other interesting Thargoid and Guardian sites were surface-based, and there were various events to hint at their locations.

[tinfoil]Thargoids on the ground[/tinfoil]

I mean, if it was a surface installation with some scannable logs, and buildings that could be entered on foot, that would work for both.

It's also quite possible that, seeing as we're only act 2 of 6, act 6 might complete once Odyssey has launched on console and the much touted end event might be Odyssey gameplay based. I'm thinking/hoping guardian suits and on-foot weapons and the introduction of on foot Thargoid encounters. Yeah, I know, wishfull thinking.

It's also quite possible that, seeing as we're only act 2 of 6, act 6 might complete once Odyssey has launched on console and the much touted end event might be Odyssey gameplay based. I'm thinking/hoping guardian suits and on-foot weapons and the introduction of on foot Thargoid encounters. Yeah, I know, wishfull thinking.
With Act 1 going from the Adamastor (late Oct 3306) to Hesperus (April 3307) and the aim being for a console release this calendar year, even Act 3 might well not start until after that.

With Act 1 going from the Adamastor (late Oct 3306) to Hesperus (April 3307) and the aim being for a console release this calendar year, even Act 3 might well not start until after that.

I remember from the time of the Adamastor one of the CM's said that it had been a bit of a trial to see how it went down and since it went well they would do more. My thinking is that means the Adamastor bit was originally self contained so effectively was act 0, finding Hesperus was act 1 and this is act 2, so the bigger gap between the first two parts may have been due to planning out the entire story and we can expect gaps more similar to between the finding the Hesperus and the new act in future.

This is very much my thoughts so feel free to disagree, although I think arthur said something about the timing on the stream.

I'm not able to check out this just yet... but based on what i know so far; does the order of 15/16 actually matter, especially if 17 has been found already?

The beacon messages appear fairly mundane atm.
There are a lot of easily confused tinfoilers around. It will quieten them down. or else make them say that something is being hidden by the messages changing.

It would have had some impact on the search for someone that found 14 and 16 but not 15. It'd have indicated a sharp turn on the Hesperus part while in reality they were likely just going around the permit locked systems.

Top Bottom