Ships n00b im Mamba need some help

Hello

Today i wanted to have some PvE fun in my Mamba
so i went to Resource Extraction Site [High] in Kremainn, equiped with Kill Warrant Scanner, firstly i encountered some Dangerous Cobra NPC - fight was tough but i won! 💪

Then mighty NPC Wanted Anaconda approhed!
believe me or not, but she was unarmed
...and she rammed me to death while i took her hull to 40%

it was pathetic. :poop:

i visited Sag* twice, im not bad miner, i can easly boost through canyons/asteroid fields, but when it comes to phew! phew!... well idk how to fight.

There is my build:
but i think my unengineered sweetie isnt the biggest problem
i need some advices how to git gud! 🚀

o7

Last edited:
Buy a beluga and fill it up with hull reinforcement packages, then you can ram everything

(Also give that thing some shield boosters, lots of them !)

TBH I prefer the Mamba to the FDL better cockpit view all the weps on top nice!

Although it's fast it's not the most agile ship so fixed weps aren't going to be the easiest to use, also I try and keep weapon types to just one or two in the Mamba energy and kinetic the beams for the shield and the frag turrets for the hull. The best tactic is to use the beams to drop the shield once it's down let the target fly over your ship and the frag turrets will rip into the hull once they're in range.

Yeah I'd say engineering is the key.

Here is my 'general duties' build and it handle most non high CZ combat just fine.

As for 'getting gud' the mamba is an interesting ship to fly. it really needs the boost modifiers to allow it be agile. so make sure you get used to tactical boosting for repositioning during combat and if your shield drop GTFO for a bit.

Take it out hooning and get a feel for how it operates at different speeds/pip rating so you know how to get the performance out of it.

Top Bottom