NA Animal Wishlist

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Manatees would require an entirely new type of habitat/habitat gate.
Don't think so. At most they'd need to either make it so the water has to be a minimum distance away from the gate (so the vets/caretakers can throw the box right into the water), or make it so the vet/caretaker has to go to the edge of the nearest source of deep water. As far as feeding is concerned, keepers can already refill the underwater fish feeder from land, so no problem there.

Actually, when looking at the roster, the most lacking continent right now is Europe, not NA. So it would make more sense if we got a European DLC.

But for a NA DLC I'd go with:

1) Moose
2) Cougar
3) West Indian Manatee
4) American beaver
Gonna adjust this idea.

NA DLC 4+1 (which I think is unlikely because we already have a NA building style, and the animal roster could really benefit from more animals here) I'd go with a Mexican + Native American theme.
  1. Cougar (flagship animal)
  2. Moose
  3. American beaver / California sea lion
  4. Armadillo
  5. Alligator snapping turtle
And an animal pack 7+1 (which I think is more likely, considering NA doesn't need a new building style per se)
  2. Moose
  3. American beaver
  4. California sea lion
  5. Armadillo
  6. Wolverine / arctic fox
  7. Collared peccary
  8. Alligator snapping turtle
With pain in my heart, I've let go of the manatee. I recognize that it would need an overhaul of the current habitat system that is unlikely to happen for a NA DLC.

The cougar and moose are non-negotiable for a North American pack in my opinion. Especially if you consider that the moose, while also an iconic European animal, will probably be excluded from a European DLC in favor of the red deer. However, I do hope they'll go with a general 'moose' and not a North American subspecies, so it can also be used for European zoo sections.

In the 4+1, either the beaver or sea lion can go in the 3rd spot, as they are both aquatic animals in high demand. No American alligator because that would be our 4th crocodilian and I think either the beaver or sea lion are much better choices. The reason I didn't simply include both beaver and sea lion, is because I feel a North American DLC needs a central American animal as well, especially if you include a Mexican building style, and for that animal I've chosen the armadillo.

In the animal pack 7+1, both the beaver and sea lion are included. There's also the collared peccary, which sort of looks like a pig but isn't, and they'll be an additional desert animal. The last habitat animal is either the wolverine or arctic fox. Both are a popular choice and both represent the cooler areas of North America. I think the wolverine has better odds, because the arctic fox has the word 'arctic' in its name... which raises extra eyebrows as to why it wasn't included in the Arctic DLC. You know, instead of the arctic wolf.

The exhibit animal is the infamous alligator snapping turtle.

I agree, both the moose and cougar are nonnegotionable and would both be a good pick for expanding europe and SA as well.
For the other slots an aquatic animal and either a dessert animal and/or Small carnivore would be great for variety.
Even though i would prefer the coati, racoon or the peccari, i feel like that last Slot would be filled best by a greater roadrunner, as we desperatly need birds in the game and a Small dessert bird would be an amazing adition in general, granting us a main bird for every biome (technically the ostrich and the african penguin are both classified as dessert, but both of the are generally associated more with the savannah and ocean/beach respectivly)
Another reason why an american dessert animal would be great is, that right now no animal in the game has them suitable from my knowledge

Gonna adjust this idea.

NA DLC 4+1 (which I think is unlikely because we already have a NA building style, and the animal roster could really benefit from more animals here) I'd go with a Mexican + Native American theme.
  2. Moose
  3. American beaver / California sea lion
  4. Armadillo
  5. Alligator snapping turtle
And an animal pack 7+1 (which I think is more likely, considering NA doesn't need a new building style per se)
  2. Moose
  3. American beaver
  4. California sea lion
  5. Armadillo
  6. Wolverine / arctic fox
  7. Collared peccary
  8. Alligator snapping turtle
With pain in my heart, I've let go of the manatee. I recognize that it would need an overhaul of the current habitat system that is unlikely to happen for a NA DLC.

The cougar and moose are non-negotiable for a North American pack in my opinion. Especially if you consider that the moose, while also an iconic European animal, will probably be excluded from a European DLC in favor of the red deer. However, I do hope they'll go with a general 'moose' and not a North American subspecies, so it can also be used for European zoo sections.

In the 4+1, either the beaver or sea lion can go in the 3rd spot, as they are both aquatic animals in high demand. No American alligator because that would be our 4th crocodilian and I think either the beaver or sea lion are much better choices. The reason I didn't simply include both beaver and sea lion, is because I feel a North American DLC needs a central American animal as well, especially if you include a Mexican building style, and for that animal I've chosen the armadillo.

In the animal pack 7+1, both the beaver and sea lion are included. There's also the collared peccary, which sort of looks like a pig but isn't, and they'll be an additional desert animal. The last habitat animal is either the wolverine or arctic fox. Both are a popular choice and both represent the cooler areas of North America. I think the wolverine has better odds, because the arctic fox has the word 'arctic' in its name... which raises extra eyebrows as to why it wasn't included in the Arctic DLC. You know, instead of the arctic wolf.

The exhibit animal is the infamous alligator snapping turtle.
Before I readjust, which pack would you prefer I use to add to the wishlist? The standard or the animal?

Updated, finally. Sorry for the wait, I was very busy these last few weeks and I finally have a small window of rest before it all starts up again

I only really want about half of these but I might as well go hog wild for this.

1. Moose
2. American beaver
3. Cougar
4. American alligator
5. Raccoon
6. White-nosed coatimundi
7. Geoffroy's spider monkey
8. Brown pelican
9. Wild turkey
10. Elk
11. White-tailed deer
12. Ocelot
13. Black-tailed prairie dog
14. California sea lion
15. Wolverine
16. Musk ox
17. Bighorn sheep
18. Collared peccary
19. North american porcupine
20. American black bear

I only really want about half of these but I might as well go hog wild for this.

1. Moose
2. American beaver
3. Cougar
4. American alligator
5. Raccoon
6. White-nosed coatimundi
7. Geoffroy's spider monkey
8. Brown pelican
9. Wild turkey
10. Elk
11. White-tailed deer
12. Ocelot
13. Black-tailed prairie dog
14. California sea lion
15. Wolverine
16. Musk ox
17. Bighorn sheep
18. Collared peccary
19. North american porcupine
20. American black bear
THIS

NA animals

1. Cougar
  2. American Alligator
  3. Californian sea Lion
  4. White-tailed deer
  5. Roosevelt Elk
  6. Prairie dog
  7. Raccoon
  8. Nine banded armadillo
  9. Sea otter
  10. North American river otter
  11. American beaver
  12. Bobcat
  13. Moose
  14. Canada Lynx
  15. Wolverine
  16. Coyote
  17. Big horn sheep
  18. Collared peccary
  19. Porcupine
  20. American black bear

Alright here it is.
  1. Puma/cougar
  2. Canadian Lynx
  3. Bobcat
  4. Moose
  5. Elk
  6. Musk ox
  7. Wolverine
  8. Beaver
  9. Ocelot
  10. American black bear
  11. Coati
  12. Desert big horn
  13. Capybara
  14. Red fox
  15. Badgers
  16. Porcupine
  17. White tail deer
  18. Badger
  19. Mountain goat
  20. Arctic fox

Alright, so before we might possibly get a NA pack announcement next week, I'll quickly jump in with a wishlist of my own. 🦌 Only 15 picks, because all else would be animals that I don't think I need that desperately in the game (e.g., the American Alligator, even though it would no doubt be a popular choice with many).

1. Black-Tailed Prairie Dog
  2. Moose
  3. American Beaver
  4. Sea Otter
  5. California Sea Lion
  6. Cougar
  7. Collared Peccary
  8. White-Nosed Coati
  9. Bighorn Sheep
  10. Wolverine
  11. Striped Skunk
  12. Mountain Goat
  13. Raccoon
  14. Black-Footed Ferret
  15. White-Tailed Deer *
* However, the White-Tailed Deer pretty much only makes it on the list because I want another deer in game so desperately. Red, Sika or Fallow would, without a doubt, be my preferred choices.

These are my top fifteen choices for North American animals.

1. California sea lion
2. American alligator
3. Ocellated turkey
4. Volcano rabbit
5. Puma
6. White-nosed coati
7. Striped skunk
8. Desmarest's hutia
9. Emperor goose
10. Black-tailed prairie dog
11. Collared peccary
12. Central American squirrel monkey
13. Hispaniolan solenodon
14. American flamingo
15. Black-footed ferret

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom