Astronomy / Space Nasa News - Discover Beyond Our Solar System

I have a feeling I would probably fall asleep if I were to watch it. Not that I am not interested but I doubt the news will surprise me. Unless they claim proof of aliens or that square planets actually do exist I doubt I will be very surprised. Still....I am curious.

I gotta admit, I'd like to see tidally locked planets rendered that way in game (like d and f) where there is a huge diff between the light and dark sides of the planets!

[video=youtube_share;bnKFaAS30X8]https://youtu.be/bnKFaAS30X8[/video]

Last edited:
7 earth size planets, 3 of them in the habitable zone. Not bad.

Not bad at all. The chances of meeting a blue haired space babe (who isn't evolved to live on a 10g planet) just increased significantly? I'm not sure which makes me feel smaller though; the possible fact of eath size planets being very rare in goldilocks zones .. or the fact there might be tons of them.

Not bad at all. The chances of meeting a blue haired space babe (who isn't evolved to live on a 10g planet) just increased significantly? I'm not sure which makes me feel smaller though; the possible fact of eath size planets being very rare in goldilocks zones .. or the fact there might be tons of them.

To paraphrase Arthur C Clarke: both are equally terrifying

Last edited:
Cool stuff, and their names shall be: Achel, Chimay, Orval, Rochefort, Westmalle, Westvleteren and La Trappe. Personally I prefer the Westmalle. :)

I'd be curious on how this new discovery fits within the Elite Dangerous nursery/foundry generation parameters.

I'd be curious on how this new discovery fits within the Elite Dangerous nursery/foundry generation parameters.
Looking at the semi-major axes of the exoplanets, I don't think the Stellar Forge would come up with Earth-sized planets this close to a system main star, even the coolest of dwarfs.
It would be cool if Frontier tweaked things to make such possible though.
HINT HINT FRONTIER

Top Bottom