Nav Beacon

Who places them? (I know it’s Fdev) but wouldn’t it make sense that if I discover a new system, scan everything in it, I could drop/fire a Nav Beacon out? Or is some ‘in game’ authority responsible for doing it?

What am I missing here?

So, he made it up then?
It's not really made up. That's what happens in game.

Before a system gets colonised there is no nav beacon.
As soon as the first station is build a nav beacon gets placed.

It's either placed by the people who build the station or by someone else you made up.

Of course it's possible that they are placed by some imaginary association but it's not very likely considering that such an association doesn't exist.

I always thought nav' beacons should be more important, somehow.

Maybe they could become a focus for some kind of PP activity, whereby different factions within a system continually try to "capture" the nav' beacon and doing so might prevent that faction's enemies jumping into the system?
Democratic factions would leave the nav' beacon open for all to use, nationalist factions would exclude their enemies, reclusive factions would exclude everybody and lawless factions would do, erm, something else.
It'd be up to players to gain rep' with a faction (if required) to gain entry into the system, either to pass through it or to try and shift control to a different faction for some reason.

Just a random thought for the day......

I always thought nav' beacons should be more important, somehow.

Maybe they could become a focus for some kind of PP activity, whereby different factions within a system continually try to "capture" the nav' beacon and doing so might prevent that faction's enemies jumping into the system?
Democratic factions would leave the nav' beacon open for all to use, nationalist factions would exclude their enemies, reclusive factions would exclude everybody and lawless factions would do, erm, something else.
It'd be up to players to gain rep' with a faction (if required) to gain entry into the system, either to pass through it or to try and shift control to a different faction for some reason.

Just a random thought for the day......
Maybe not prevent enemies to jump into the system but force them to jump directly to the nav beacon...

Maybe not prevent enemies to jump into the system but force them to jump directly to the nav beacon...

Pretty sure Nav Beacons are a holderover from the original design which didnt include super cruise, it would have been the first point you dropped at when you entered a populated system.

I kinda feel like that would be pretty sweet, but it would destroy travelling as you scoop in SC so... shame really.

Top Bottom