Ships Near Black Exploraconda Build Advice Sought.

Hey all,

I'm a total bubble monkey. I'm into the politics.

But I've got business out in the California Nebula (one kylie) and recently I've been pointed to a mats farming ground about 1.6 kylies out.

So where not talking "Months in the Deep" - and not even Colonia or Sag A.

I need a 'Conda build that can last a fortnight to a month supporting 2 SRVs on Mats Farming.

But also knowing that I'm an "Open Only" kinda guy, so it's got to be able to survive an encounter with a PvE CMDR. (I'm not talking counters to heavily engineered PvP builds).
By survive - I mean escape. This doesn't have to be a killing machine - this is not a long range battleConda. In fact I think I built her that way and then fell in love with my Krait for combat.
I've got a Billion cash and about 600M spent on it already, so A rated this or that and access to engineers can be assumed.

What do I need, what don't I know and what am I missing?

220028x8332.jpg

1. No npcs out in unpopulated space. Not that California counts as unpopulated, but the shards are peaceful.
2. As above, can't see your build
3. If you've got billions : have you considered a dbx :)

No idea what your build is but this A-rated Conda (fill the rest as you like) is already overkill.

Conda has a great jumprange, so 1000 LY is 20-25 jumps only, or less with neutron boosting.
Take the biggest scoop you can, shields > 1000 mj (I like to err on this to be safe, that's why I rather lose 10 LY jumprange and take 1000 more mj shields along),
a FSD booster if you have access, a dual srv hangar in case you dun goofed, a dual AFMU in case you neutron boost (need none if you don't but they don't weight anything),
a figher hanger because why not and a cargo + repair limpets in case something bad™ happens.

I would advise against a big ship for mats farming, especially if we talk about crystaline shards. Some locations are awful and i had troubles landing a dbx sometimes.
I think you could do with a Phantom - decent shields and hull, maxed speed.
You can change the weaps to suit you or drop them at all.

Edit: or you can be a trully Alliance BoyScout - sadly only one srv and no weaps, but tbh while i'm not a really good driver, yet i never lost a srv

Edit2: and if you really insist on an Anaconda, here is mine

Last edited:
IF you're looking for "fast" travel, and the ability to escape interdictions, then I'd suggest you don't use a 'conda - it's just not fast/manoeuverable enough to escape.
My options would be Phantom, Krait II - both fast enough and long ranged + decent fuel scoop.
For the lesser budget, T6 (reasonable jump range, fast enough, decent fuel scoop and module slots), Cobra III (enhanced thrusters, reasonable jump range - you can outrun almost any other ship, decent fuel scoop), lastly Adder (adequate jump range, enhanced thrusters = fast, manoeuverable)

If you take a Phantom/Krait II, then take along the mining gear as well (core mining). If you're near a station, collect limits there.

A T6!

Now THAT I hadn’t thought of.

I’m doing it in a DBX now, but I go on life support whenever I deploy weapons including the new complopitor scanner. The DBX just feels like a taxi. Like you’re living in your Remlock suit and the tiny cabin with the fold down bunk. And I don’t want a Krait - I spend a lot of time in my Krait, and it makes me kinda bloodthirsty.

I hadn’t thought of an SLF. So here’s a question: Can I use an SLF without crew? Like do I need to hire someone just to be able to go zipping up a canyon?

Yeah, nah ‘Conda builds only.

no, you don't need a crew - not really.
I think you can order the ship on hold and make sure you keep in 30km, else you lose the fighter
also, you need to be at 500+ to be able to launch the slf

But why not? just hire anyone then fire him/her up on return before you cash in anything

A T6!

Now THAT I hadn’t thought of.

I’m doing it in a DBX now, but I go on life support whenever I deploy weapons including the new complopitor scanner. The DBX just feels like a taxi. Like you’re living in your Remlock suit and the tiny cabin with the fold down bunk.

try a hauler :)
yeah the t6 is a good and venerable explo/taxi alternative.
if you want slf, a keelback is also nice
but nothing beats the dbx imo.
also, weapons ... what for? BERBERECHO doesn't need weapons: https://s.orbis.zone/3ewa

And I don’t want a Krait - I spend a lot of time in my Krait, and it makes me kinda bloodthirsty.

I hadn’t thought of an SLF. So here’s a question: Can I use an SLF without crew? Like do I need to hire someone just to be able to go zipping up a canyon?

no. however a crew member will allow you to issue orders to slf or ship.

Yeah, nah ‘Conda builds only.

pick your poison! i'll leave you at it then :D

Here is a Anaconda built around your specifications.
Requires
  1. 1.6KLY range
    1. Fully loaded down Jump range of 45.20LY (47.52LY if empty cargo)
    2. Travel range 289.92LY before tanks are empty.
    3. 7A Fuel scoop, will take 6.52 Seconds to re-coop fuel used from last jump.
  2. mats farming ground, supporting 2 SRVs
    1. 4G Planetary vehicle hanger (2 bays)
    2. Repair and Collector limpet controller.
  3. Conda build that can last a fortnight
    1. Shields and Hull sit at right around 2k each.
    2. 6A AFMU with a 2A AMFU backup.
  4. survive an encounter with a PvE CMDR
    1. All weapons constantly firing will last 18 min 35 seconds on only 2 pips in weapons.
    2. Overall Sustained DPS of 89.8

Other features
64T of cargo space
Uses the 5H Guardian FSD Booster
And supports 1 ship launched fighter.

I would advise against a big ship for mats farming, especially if we talk about crystaline shards. Some locations are awful and i had troubles landing a dbx sometimes.
I think you could do with a Phantom - decent shields and hull, maxed speed.
You can change the weaps to suit you or drop them at all.

Edit: or you can be a trully Alliance BoyScout - sadly only one srv and no weaps, but tbh while i'm not a really good driver, yet i never lost a srv

Edit2: and if you really insist on an Anaconda, here is mine
The Cosmic Ray is a very nice build too. seems to fit the OP's requirements also.

Top Bottom