Need help with a Corvette build

Hi everyone,

I am saving (and grinding) for a Federal Corvette.
Want to use it PVE and was wondering what is a good built to start with?
Was thinking for these few:

1. Class 4 MC and Pulse (or Beam) rest MC turrents
2. Class 4 Pulse and Cannon Class 3 MC rest pulse turrents
3. Two Class 4 cannons (or MC) and rest pulse turrents
Internal will (at start be something like this)

But I don't know if my ideas are any good (note I will mod all eventually most likely efficient)
Or if you got other builds please tell me what is best for the Vette in PVE

Sincerely and o7,

Cmdr Janssen

PS sorry for my bad English

I'm not a fan of turrets. They miss too much and are weak. For pve, I'd do the 2 c4 cannons and gimbal bursts on the rest, or something similar. Another option is 2 C4 plasma and the rest gimballed multi cannons.

A good starting point on a first Corvette, 2 huge MCs.
+ something with corrosive experimental.
Rest lasers.

I recommend you check out the Rear Admiral's Lounge thread.[yesnod][up]

C4 MC
C3 Fixed beam, PA/APA, maybe even a laser turret.

Rest could be anything, thermals or missiles.

MC on the huge hardpoints because it's much easier on the power distributor and allows you to run more pips in SYS and ENG.

Don't need turrets on a Vette, She is very maneuverable and fixed or Gimballed are great on her.

Due to engineering, go with what you want as a weapon load out. I myself run 2 x C4 Beams and the rest are MC's with varying engineering (1 x Corrosive on a C1 MC works great) on them.

Engineers your shield with Thermal and do you best to get Thermal resist to around 50%+ and PVE becomes even easier shooting fish in a barrel since most AI use lasers and your shields will shrug off the damage as you giggle manically wading through battle after battle.

I'm not sure his powerplant/dist could handle PAs. Stick with the MC and lasers and you'll be safe.

I strongly recommend you don't buy a Corvette. :p

It's not actually worth the grind. IMHO.

But, if you do go for one, install Dirty Drives 3+, and don't bother with turrets, you won't need them.
Missiles can be useful though, and a lot of fun. Especially packhounds.

This is my multipurpose version of corvette with 30Ly jump range: https://s.orbis.zone/pkq.
It's engineered, but not fully g5.
Dual gimballed C4 Beam Laser are great, but only efficient g4 and better.
Small c1 turrets are sweet for small fighters - focused burst works well for me. Most probably you will find better combinations, but there are more than one solution for PvE.

I strongly recommend you don't buy a Corvette. :p

It's not actually worth the grind. IMHO.

But, if you do go for one, install Dirty Drives 3+, and don't bother with turrets, you won't need them.
Missiles can be useful though, and a lot of fun. Especially packhounds.

I like big ships with turrets on the smalls. One or two big fixed guns, the rest gimbals.

I have one turret on my corvette. It's a scramble spectrum burst laser in one of the smalls. Apart from the special effect, I primarily use it as a target pointer. My other small hardpoint is a gimballed corrosive multicannon, because corrosive doesn't care what size hardpoint you put it on.
The mediums are overcharged incendiary multis, the huges are overcharged autoloader multis, and the large is a seeker rack with drag munitions.

Everything besides the missiles is bound to primary fire. I do not use fire groups. I usually hold down both triggers at once.

I have one turret on my corvette. It's a scramble spectrum burst laser in one of the smalls. Apart from the special effect, I primarily use it as a target pointer. My other small hardpoint is a gimballed corrosive multicannon, because corrosive doesn't care what size hardpoint you put it on.
The mediums are overcharged incendiary multis, the huges are overcharged autoloader multis, and the large is a seeker rack with drag munitions.

Everything besides the missiles is bound to primary fire. I do not use fire groups. I usually hold down both triggers at once.

Nice setup. Is this only PvE?

Nice setup. Is this only PvE?

Mainly. I tend to use it for wing assassination missions.
I've got some torpedo tubes in storage just in case I need them, but thus far I've never had to use them in anger. I'm a bit too much of a co-op social player to get any kicks out of PvP anyway.

I’ve just switched my Corvette build from:
- 1x Large Efficient Beam
- 2x Medium Efficient Beam
- 2x Small Long Range Beam w/Thermal Vent
- 2x Huge Plasma Accelerator

To:
- 1x Large Overcharged MultiCannon
- 2x Medium Overcharged MultiCannon
- 2x Small Overcharged MultiCannon
- 2x Huge Efficient Beam w/Thermal Vent

Why? Fed up with having the same DPS as a Cobra if you can’t land those Huge PAs and/or keep the nose up for the C3 hardpoint to fire!

Run a few Assassination missions with the new setup and the Huge Beams are frankly hilarious ... honestly it’s almost like the other hardpoints are redundant they just melt through shields and hull like you wouldn’t believe. The Huge Hardpoints have gone from being a niche “only when it’s something big” use weapon to the only thing I really need to fire. Yeh, the capacitor drain is high but if it’s not dead by the time the 8A Charge Enhanced cap is dry, their shields are sure as heck gone so you open up with the 5x MultiCannon to finish ‘em off. TBH, it doesn’t drain any quicker than the 5 lasers did - which frequently prevented me from then firing the PAs when I did have a shot on - so I’m well chuffed.

A nice side benefit is that the overall power requirements are less than the old weapons so I’ve been able to up some of my heavy duty Shield Boosters from 0E to 0A, taking my shields from 1,920MJ to ~2,300MJ AND downgrade from a (heavy!) 8B PP to a (G1 Overcharged?) 7A ... getting me an extra 5m/s speed and a little more jump range too.

Last edited:
Some tweaking on the resistances would be good. Your shields are very weak on thermal, and your hull resistances are pretty much a nightmare. This thing will blow up very easily.

Ideally, all shield resistances should be about 40-50%, more = better. You will get quite decent values from a reinforced+multi weave shield gen., with 3 of your boosters tuned for heat resistance, one for resistance augmented.

For the hull, ideally use Reactive Surface Composites if you can afford them, otherwise Military Grade Composite. Then Reactives lend themselves to heat resistant tuning, other resistances can then be nicely balanced with the HRPs.

Good luck CMDR! o7

All gimbald was a second option. But don't think I will go with plasma. Had thougt of it since my Conda has huge plasma works like a charme but the energie (especily at the begining) would be to much but maybe later on

Will check it out, thnx the huge MC's and rest was something I had open need a lot of material for the mods but that is not the hardst part

Yes might indeed be a problem at first maybe when I upgrade the Vette further

But since posting I am thinking of going for class 4 MC's and rest lasers all gimbald

Top Bottom