Need help with transparent textures - blender

hi there i need help with getting the model transparent i cant seem to get it to work i linked it up
in blender i think but for some reason its not working in planet coaster i get a white layer and not a transparent layer

my image names of my files ar vinestwo_OP_BC.png
i also tryed _OP_OP but still no succes the other material that you see in the photos does work its only the vines that arent working
can sombody help me out with this .

needhelp.pngneedhelp2.png

1) The leaf texture should be named vinestwo_OP_BC.png
2) There needs to be an alpha clip mask named vinestwo_OP_OP.png
3) The material name in the blender file needs to be vinestwo_OP

I hope this answers your question.

it help me half and half but where do i put alpha clip mask in between ? and do you mean that i have to give the (image texture) the name vinestwo_OP_BC.png and the material name vinestwo_OP do you know of any good tutorials that learn you how to make the alpha clip mask tie in between the rest of what i done in the photo .

ps i also mean does the file name have to be vinestwo_OP_BC.png then so i at least had that right :p

i dont get this no reply on my thread futher i am realy stuck with the transparent stuff . please sombody help me out with this ??????

I would like to elaborate, but there's too little info to go on.

It could be you're missing out a suffix, but it might also have to do with multiple AlphaClip objects in one file.

My guess is, if it works "half and half", try to separate it into two models and upload them independently from one another.
As far as i can tell from my experience with the TMT, it only allows one texture set to use the Alpha Clip shader. But it might have changed since or might be fixed in the future.

i dont get this no reply on my thread futher i am realy stuck with the transparent stuff . please sombody help me out with this ??????

Jokerice, please note that it does not matter how your material is set up in Blender when it's processes it in the TMT toolkit. All you need to ensure is that you have labelled your PNG files correctly and the material name in Blender correctly.

Material name in blender should be:...

Material_OP

Then the files for the PNG would be:

Material_OP_BC.png

Material_OP_OP.png

Where the _OP_OP file is your clipping mask and the BC the base image.

If you want to preview what it could look like, you can set up the alpha clip mask in Blender using nodes as you have done, but this will have no effect on what's in game. The important thing is that you have correctly labelled the files and material.

The alpha clip mask should be just white and black, and the BC can be the image, but I find also using a black background helps.

Plant_mat_OP_OP.pngPlant_mat_OP_OP.png

thanks you so mutch DeadEyeDuck this is a answer i can work with that what i dident get if i needed to make a alpha channel in photoshop/gimp.

just one thing wont TMT act weird when i do Material_OP in the material tab normaly you dont do that aleest if you do a texture

Top Bottom