Need some help with paying a bounty.

Is it possible at all to only pay a part of your whole bounty? (Only bounty from a specific faction?)

I have a Corvette that has 1,4 billion in bounties from various factions, Now it has a 300 credit bounty from a faction that i want to pay off (caused by my fighter pilot shooting at the wrong bounty hunter ships..). I have zero notoriety at the moment.

My question is this. If i go to an Interstellar Factors and choose to pay the bounty (or any other way possible), do i get to just pay the 300 credit one, or do i get transported to a detention center and have to pay the whole 1,4 billion? Its been quite some time that i did that, and i remember in the past trying a similar thing and being transported to a detention center where i had to pay everything, so i am not sure exactly how it works? Wouldn't want to risk all that money, so any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
If you pay off a bounty at an Interstellar Factors then you don't get sent to a detention center.

The bounties you have should be listed by faction, and you can pay them off separately or you will have the option to pay them all off at once.

Not as far as I know, at IF you can only pay off the whole bounty. You have to pay off the 300 at the faction which gave the Bounty iirc. But please can someone comment which one is correct? I have similar issues in Carcosa after Scan missions and can only pay off all at the IF.

Every time I use IF, all bounties - those I have against me, and those I can collect from destroying wanteds - are listed separately by faction. Those I have against me have to be paid off individually from memory, but those I am collecting can either be cashed in individually (by faction) or as a lump sum combined.

All with the IF 25% commission of course.

Edit to correct - All those bounties I have against me are listed separately by superpower (Fed, Imp, Alliance or Independent), not by minor faction.

Last edited:
Well, i tried a IF, and you only see an option of paying the whole 1,4 billion fine.. Going to sneak in a port where im wanted next to see if i can pay it there. It will suck if there's no way to partially pay a bounty..

Last edited:
Well, i am at a station owned by the faction where i have 300 credit bounty, my only option in Authority contact says hand yourself in, to be transported to a facility, showing 300 credit bounty. The 1,4 billion shows nowhere, but i do suspect they are going to ask me to pay it on the prison facility?? Anyone knows how does it work?

Here's what wiki says about it: I wonder if i should risk it..
"When respawning at a Detention Center the player must pay off their fines and bounties of the previous jurisdiction including rebuy costs if the ship was destroyed. All other bounties and fines remain attached to the ship. If you don't pay then you will be forced to choose the Sidewinder, and lose the old ship and its loadout. "

Last edited:
"When respawning at a Detention Center the player must pay off their fines and bounties of the previous jurisdiction including rebuy costs if the ship was destroyed. All other bounties and fines remain attached to the ship. If you don't pay then you will be forced to choose the Sidewinder, and lose the old ship and its loadout. "

Seems to say that you only have to pay the 300cr bounty, but I always pay everything at the IF so don't take my word for it.
Do it for science, we love science around here. If it doesn't work out come to Colonia and we settle it the old wild west way;).

I think the only times I saw separate bounties at the IF was then I had Fed, Imp, and Indie bounties at the same time, but that was a while ago.

I think the only times I saw separate bounties at the IF was then I had Fed, Imp, and Indie bounties at the same time, but that was a while ago.

Yes, that's right.

At IF, bounties against you are lumped together by superpower, and will have to be paid off individually (by superpower). Bounties that you can collect are listed by the minor faction (or superpower) that awarded it.

Here are three bounties I got for doing three planetary scan missions. All different minor factions.

Here is how they show at IF - and all the bounties awarded to me for destroying skimmers (and a couple of ships) by the different factions.

Top Bottom