Need your input: What's your favorite ship for CZ/RES/Mission combat, and why?

If you got enough money, you cant go wrong with the Fer de lance, good shields, high dps/weapon convergance with fixed, and decent mobility make it a real good choice. It also looks and sounds awesome.

I recomend using biweaves and 6 boosters.

Good morning fellow commanders!

So, after trying to have fun with mining missions last night (we ended up SRV jumping to liven things up,) we've decided next week to work on combat missions, and maybe even drop into a CZ.

That said, I'm wondering if I'm using the best ship for that purpose?

While I do own most all the ships (don't have a Cutter and T10,) since I A rated my Vulture I haven't really given the other combat ships any serious flight time.

So here's my question - do you think there is a combat ship that's better than the Vulture for CZ, RES, and Combat Missions?

And what's your favorite ship for combat, and why?

Thanks in advance for sharing your opinions!!!

Fly Safe

o7

Grey

The PvP crowd will obviously say that the Furdy is by far the best combat ship... Personally, I didn't like flying it. Too much like work...

However, if your a PvEer, then I would say the best combat ship is...

Federal Corvette

Followed by the Federal Corvette

And hot on the heels is - the Federal Corvette

In other words, the Federal Corvette will comfortablely blow anything else out of space.

Thank you all for sharing not only what Ships you like to use in different combat situations, but also why, and how you outfit them!!!

There's a lot there to think about, but atm I only have 400m so probably won't be able to outfit them all (I own all of them except the Cutter, but outfitting is so expensive!)

Thanks again, and Fly Safe CMDRs!

o7

Grey

Thank you all for sharing not only what Ships you like to use in different combat situations, but also why, and how you outfit them!!!

There's a lot there to think about, but atm I only have 400m so probably won't be able to outfit them all (I own all of them except the Cutter, but outfitting is so expensive!)y

Yeah, thats why you liquidate the ships you don't need. Then you have money for upgrades on the ships you actually use.

I don't have a favorite! I try to perfect a different ship and strategy from time to time.

I've put way to many hours into this game and still haven't tried all of these configurations. This game can be a ton of fun if you try to mix it up and try all these combos!

Last edited:
Simple.

dxYozgl.jpg

Yes, it's a gu-97. Fixed beams + heat sink.

Cutter. It is an unnatural death machine of the underworld. Plus if your family comes over and interrupts you it’s not a problem - 4 pips to shields, boost, and come back 5 minutes later - should still have at least 2 rings of shields ;)

It must be FAS for me. Without much explaining, I just have this playing out in my head every time I arrive into res or CZ :)

[video=youtube_share;4MiqPQ1dVg4]https://youtu.be/4MiqPQ1dVg4[/video]

If you are good enough, with the right engineering, a Vulture is all you need.

But I'm not, so I use a FAS as my go to ship, but I might replace it with the Chieftan when that's released, we shall see.

Yeah, it's basically a FAS with much better fixed weapons placement, which, hey, will be my build!
*scratches head*
The FAS is defined by it's maneuverability. The Chieftain, while having a nice pitch, does not come close to the amazing goodness that is the FAS in the flight model department.

Also, the FAS already has amazing fixed weapon placement.

Maybe it would be better to say it's basically a Clipper that's not cross eyed?

I've been using the FdL ever since it first came out back in 1.2 during the Battle of Lugh.
37417920145_63bd143705_h.jpg

For mission running, I use either my Anaconda (long range) or Vette (short range) since I can load up cargo racks, limpet controllers and the like. They're generally more efficient than my Python now days. Heck, my SLF pilot can solo Elite Pythons. For CZs, it really depends on if I'm farming materials or not. If I'm just looking for combat, I take my FdL. If I'm doing more, I take the Vette.
38092418762_613098cbc9_h.jpg

I've only had one canopy blowout in combat, and that was in a Cobra Mk III
And everyone complains about the Vulture's canopy, but I can only recall losing it once in nearly three years.

For combat, I like my Vulture much more than my FdL. It's a much smaller target and draws less random aggro when the NPCs select highest threat.

Last edited:
And everyone complains about the Vulture's canopy, but I can only recall losing it once in nearly three years.

For combat, I like my Vulture much more than my FdL. It's a much smaller target and draws less random aggro when the NPCs select highest threat.

When it first came out, it was made of tissue paper. Maybe that's what they're referring to. The Python used to have a really easy to bust canopy too.

My newly engineered Battleconda. I have a Federal Corvette...but the Battleconda has rendered it irrelevant to the point where I simply want to sell it. I really did forget how frightening an Anaconda was when loaded for bear.

Top Bottom