Need your wisdom CMDRS, can't understand a thing with Xplo' datas different selling prices...

I'm not aware of anything system- or station-specific that would influence the UC payout values.

You only posted screenshots showing one payout-value. Do you have screenshots showing the other payout-value(s)?

Unfortunately not, I'm sorry.
I'm hundred percent sure about this, I wrote the different numbers on a scrap of paper and I've it right under my eyes, trust me.

Eventually, I sold the "Arque system" datas when I was for the 1st time in the Witch Head Sector...

If I have some time next days, I will provide some "proof" screenshots of other systems Xplo' datas, in order to solve my actual E.D. riddle of the month!

o7

They're not retreating, and they're alway's there.

Last edited:
Sorry for the writing quality, wrote this with fingertips

But here we go, unbelievable unbelievers! :rolleyes:

WP_20190810_002.jpg

Sry, mate, was just joking :)

But your chaotic sketch just proves the assumption that you have messed up the numbers ;)

Serious, I don't have a clue.
But I'm quite sure that after all the years of exploration it would be common knowledge if different stations pay different amounts.

Was joking too... ;)

Serious, I don't have a clue.
But I'm quite sure that after all the years of exploration it would be common knowledge if different stations pay different amounts.

Absolutely, that seems impossible and that's what I thought too, but I know what I've seen, seriously speaking, and I will prove it to you and all of you!
Investment and Boom System State are me principal hints, an investigation is under way!

o7 CMDRS

There's one state - Investment, I think it is - where the station commander says something about them wanting exploration data and being prepared to pay for it. But no-one's ever posted any actual in-game evidence that these places actually pay more for data.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there's been extensive research on the subject which has repeatedly proven the values are a hard rate.

Again I agree with you all, but I am quite sure to what I have seen, why I didn't take screenshots at the time is driving me crazy now!

The only known, repeatable bonus to exploration you can get is the 200% bonus you get from being high-level pledged to LYR. Which most explorers don't bother with, since to get to that high a pledge level you need to place your ship at considerable risk of Powerplay opposition and, let's face it, most hard-core explorers neither enjoy nor seek out the combat opportunities which Powerplay provides..

The only known, repeatable bonus to exploration you can get is the 200% bonus you get from being high-level pledged to LYR. Which most explorers don't bother with, since to get to that high a pledge level you need to place your ship at considerable risk of Powerplay opposition and, let's face it, most hard-core explorers neither enjoy nor seek out the combat opportunities which Powerplay provides..
... nor need the money ;)

Without looking at it in too much detail, the difference in values for both is (higher value / 2.6). 2.6 is the multiplier applied to First Discoveries. For whatever reason, it looks like it sometimes wants to credit you as First Discoverer and other times not, perhaps something to do with the bodies being renamed and not synchronised or something. Pretty sure the lower value is correct - if you see the higher value, try selling and see if that's what you actually get.

Be very surprised if this affected any of your other sold data.

Correct, really thanks a lot, I appreciate!

God save the maths : 2.6 x 394,746Cr = 1,026,339.6Cr and in the other hand we have : 2.6 x 428,675Cr = 1,114,555Cr !!!
And we have a winner, sirs...

Yesterday, I've surface mapped another E.L.W. ( Merlin in ROSS 154 ).
Now, I'm gonna conscientiously take one screenshot of Universal Cartographics selling screen everywhere I'll go, and will keep this captures/Xplo' datas until the end of my days, or until I am able to produce something more concrete. o_O

9505ba1b-3834-4c50-ab31-27b6ac3da99f.PNG

perhaps something to do with the bodies being renamed and not synchronised or something

Please no!

if you see the higher value, try selling and see if that's what you actually get

That really was my intention, If I knew back; but already sold the culprits at max' price, almost certain it was already 1st discovered and a no no for me...

o7 CMDRS

Just to muddy the waters even more...if you have an ELW (and I assume any other body) that you had first discovered in the past, and come back to map it, it gives you another million or so...maybe paying the first discovered total a second time?

I note the price difference only seems to apply for that one system's data, too. Witch Head DL-Y D17 is the same across all of them.

Top Bottom