Nepali-Styled Restaurant

Great job with the new pieces. Like it a lot :)

Thanks! I really appreciate it ;).

These new parts are great! I got the notion to build my next part in some imaginary Himalayan backwater so started looking at pics of regional buildings. I really liked the Nepali style as it's different from the usual Chinese and Japanese buildings we see so much of, so I figured I could do some thing new. And the new parts lend themselves quite well to this sort of thing. I'll be getting into Tibet and Bhutan shortly.

Thanks! I really appreciate it ;).

These new parts are great! I got the notion to build my next part in some imaginary Himalayan backwater so started looking at pics of regional buildings. I really liked the Nepali style as it's different from the usual Chinese and Japanese buildings we see so much of, so I figured I could do some thing new. And the new parts lend themselves quite well to this sort of thing. I'll be getting into Tibet and Bhutan shortly.

True the China pieces are amazing[wink]. Currently building on a japanese entrance area for my new disney/dreamworks movie rides/ worldsfair park[big grin].
Cool looking restaurant[happy][up].

I may need to add a land to my park just to use all these buildings you are making.

I'd be immensely flattered if you did, although I'd also feel guilty for bringing down the rest of the park ;).

That said, FWIW, I notice your map has a "Tibet" section. From recently making a bit of a study of the architecture of the whole Himalayan region, I think Nepal has the most interesting stuff with this characteristic style of distinctly Hindu pagoda all over the place, plus a few other things for variety. Bhutan is next, both in major public works and private homes, but you have to promise not to do your usual billboard extravagance there because the Bhutanese are heavily into painting highly detailed, anatomically correct phallic symbols portraits on their walls :D. In comparison, Tibet is rather bland. The major traditional public architecture which survived the ChiCom invasion and subsequent "Culturecideal Revolution", and that which did not, is/was largely monolithic, monochrome blocks with flat, boring roofs. The traditional village housing (again, the little that survived the ChiComs), OTOH is way more interesting. Ladakh is mostly Tibetan but with a bit of Nepali thrown in, so I rate it as #3 out of the 4. So, my own as-yet hypothetical Himalayan park will be mostly Nepali with the best parts of the other areas thrown in.

Top Bottom