Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

Hi Spansh,

Currently I'm at eocs aim cl-p d5-0 with my fleet carrier. Closest I could get to this system was Dryau Aip JI-K d8-0. Which is understandable because before fleet carriers it was not possible to go directly to eocs aim cl-p d5-0. So I manually plotted a course here and then sold my scan information to Universal Cartography. It was sold yesterday. When will the Fleet Carrier Router recognize the new systems so it can plot routes?

One thing I did notice that the regular Neutron Plotter does recognize the system name eocs aim cl-p d5-0 but the fleet carrier router does not recognize it.

Thank you for all the excellent work that you have done!

Zzarl
The index for it should rebuild every 24 hours, though there were a couple of issues which meant it didn't get rebuilt over the weekend. It generates from https://spansh.co.uk/dumps which is 3 days old (that's the issue, it's regenerating now).

Hi Spansh,

I downloaded your galaxy file on the 12th and am pre-processing it before using it for my stuff. Thank you very much for providing this, by the way. Anyway, a couple of things.

FIrst, I guess you already know, but I found a bunch of systems which have more than one body listed as the "mainStar".

For example, Phae Phlai AA-A h0 ("id64":1605743) has both:
"id64":108086391058497647,"bodyId":3,"name":"Phae Phlai AA-A h0 A","type":"Star","subType":"Herbig Ae/Be Star","distanceToArrival":0.0,"mainStar":true, etc, and
"id64":180143985096425583,"bodyId":5,"name":"Phae Phlai AA-A h0 C","type":"Star","subType":"O (Blue-White) Star","distanceToArrival":920.078613,"mainStar":true,etc.

I presume that the first is the actual main star, as it's distanceToArrival is zero. I've yet to check that this works for all the affected systems It seems that there are 146 systems which have more than one mainStar entry at zero distance (most have one extra, but a couple have two extra), but thought you'd want to know that this data inconsistency exists in case you wanted to fix the data for everyone.

I'm fixing the 4500 of so systems with bodies incorrectly marked as main star as we speak. I'll need to look at the 146 which I suspect are bodies which are in the wrong system and need to be purged.

Second, I notice that systems have a "date" field, but bodies have an "updateTIme" field; am I correct to assume that they are both used for the same purpose, that is, to identify when the record was last changed? The thing is that sometimes the system "date" value is later than the latest body "updateTime", which is not quite what I'd expect (the system was updated but not any of the bodies?), so is there a difference in the usage of these fields?

For example, Byaa Broae UY-S d3-3 ("id64":114160574371) has "date":"2019-07-12 08:27:01+00", but it's two bodies have "updateTime":"2018-03-11 06:55:22+00" and "updateTime":"2018-03-11 06:55:22+00".

Thanks again.

[Edited to add system count]

Yes the fields are the same, I had attempted to make everything match EDSM dumps as much as possible, that's why the fields have different names.

Everything is stored sperately, so a body has an update time, if that body is updated with more up to date information (often changed distance to arrival) it will have a more recent update time. That won't change the system update time itself, which will only change if the actual base details of the system change (population, security etc).

Hi Spansh,

Thank you so much for the index regeneration! It is greatly appreciated. The Neutron Plotter now recognizes the systems that were uploaded over the weekend.

Does the Fleet Carrier Plotter and Neutron Plotter use the same systems/galaxy database? The only reason I'm asking is because Neutron Plotter now recognizes the systems that were uploaded to edsm over the weekend. But when I pull up the Fleet Carrier Router it doesn't recognize those same systems.

For example, if I use the neutron plotter and set the destination as EOCS AIM CL-P D5-0, it pops it right up. So Neutron Plotter knows the system exists.

But, if I use the Fleet Carrier Plotter and set the destination as EOCS AIM CL-P D5-0, it will show a list of names and it wants to default to EOCS AIM DL-P D5-0.

Scrolling down that list shows that EOCS AIM CL-P D5-0 doesn't exist in the search results. Its as if the FC plotter is looking at a different galaxy database than Neutron Plotter is.

Thank you and sorry about being a bother.

Hi Spansh,

Thank you so much for the index regeneration! It is greatly appreciated. The Neutron Plotter now recognizes the systems that were uploaded over the weekend.

Does the Fleet Carrier Plotter and Neutron Plotter use the same systems/galaxy database? The only reason I'm asking is because Neutron Plotter now recognizes the systems that were uploaded to edsm over the weekend. But when I pull up the Fleet Carrier Router it doesn't recognize those same systems.

For example, if I use the neutron plotter and set the destination as EOCS AIM CL-P D5-0, it pops it right up. So Neutron Plotter knows the system exists.

But, if I use the Fleet Carrier Plotter and set the destination as EOCS AIM CL-P D5-0, it will show a list of names and it wants to default to EOCS AIM DL-P D5-0.

Scrolling down that list shows that EOCS AIM CL-P D5-0 doesn't exist in the search results. Its as if the FC plotter is looking at a different galaxy database than Neutron Plotter is.

Thank you and sorry about being a bother.
The neutron plotter uses a different database, updated live.

Hi !

Here is an extract of my voiceattack profile which helped me a lot on my way to the cat's eye (about 6500ly from my starting system). It reads the neutron highway CSV file in my download directory and copies and pastes the next route's destination system to the galaxy map.
I've also added some commands to easily fill the current and destination system and current jump range on Spansh's website copying the value to the clipboard from the game.
No need to manually copy and paste anything anymore. Especially usefull in VR.

To read the CSV file, I used Antaniserse's voiceattack's plugin VA Extensions.
To get the systems' info and jump range, I used EDDI plugin.

Steps to install:
  1. Install VoiceAttack if you don'y have it already. (You should consider buying it, it's just 10$ and it unlocks the number of profiles and commands you may have in a profile. They deserve it also. DISCLAIMER: I'm not a member of the VA team :))
  2. Download the EDDI and/or VA Extensions plugins as you need
  3. Configure VoiceAttack (VA) to authorize plugins (check plugins' wikis to know what to do)
  4. Import the Neutron highway VAP profile into your profile if you have one using the 'Import commands' button in the profile edition window or just import the profile if you don't have any profile yet.
  5. Check the key bindings for galaxy map: 'm' to open it, 'right arrow' to go to the next tab, 'space' to enter system name in the box. It should be enough. Change the key mappings if necessary or the VA commands of the profile, to adapt it.
  6. Change the VxFile path of the 'load neutron file' command from C:\Users\<user>\Downloads\neutron.csv to the directory path you will download CSV files to. It should only be a matter of changing the <user> part to your user's directory name for mosty of you (which is often not your windows user's name)

Steps to use this script:

If you have EDDI installed
  1. (optional) in the game, select a destination and create a route
  2. say 'prepare neutron highway' and go to the page it opens in your browser. It also copies current system's name.
  3. paste current system's name in the box
  4. say 'copy the destination system' and paste it into the form (if set at step 1; it does not always work, I don't know why)
  5. say 'copy jump range' and paste it also (new feature I've done today; not much tested)
Then (or if you don't have EDDI)
  1. search the neutron route and download it as CSV
  2. rename the downloaded file to neutron.csv (or the name you set at installation step 6 if different)
Back in the game
  1. say 'initalize neutron highway', which will load the file (only do it for a new route; otherwise read herebelow)
  2. and say 'prepare next route' which will open the galaxy map and go to the next destination system.
  3. then just set the route as usual and fly safe
The position in the neutron highway file is saved in the profile. To retreive the saved value on a subsequent session, say 'carry on neutron highway'. Then say 'prepare next route'.
In the case the position in the file does not match your current system for some reason (crash, misuse...), say 'reset highway on current system'. Obviously this must be a system list in the neutron highway as a starting system of a route. This script is basically a file reader; it has no intelligence per se.

The script has been translated from french and I could not test it in english. So let me know it there is anything to fix.
Also tell me if/how I can improve it. I couldn't be bothered to program my own plugin to interface spansh route api directly especialy because I would need to learn a VA compatible language to program it. So for now, the copy and paste feature is the only one available.

I hope this will help you as it helps me.

Hey @Spansh. First and foremost, thank you for the routing tools and their continued maintenance.

I have a feature request. Is there any prospect of teaching the plotters to save and reload the currently plotted route and progress state (i. e. checkboxes) on page reload/reopen? Maybe in local storage (similar to Coriolis/EDSY) and/or remotely for registered users.

So I have some new features released. I've fixed a whole bunch of bugs and I now have summary pages for both system and body. Everywhere that body or system name is shown it now links to those summary pages.

I've also finished a new feature which many people have been waiting for, it will be released this thursday barring any bugs being found. Patreon donators will find they have a link to the new feature a few days early (it's in my most recent post at the end) as a little thankyou bonus (and to help me find any more bugs with it).

Hey, thank you so much for this amazing tool, but I've found a data error that I need to report.

The Road to Riches directed me to the Gamma Crateris system, for a Water World called "Privoro A Belt Cluster 4", with a Distance of 4 LS. However, there is no Water World in either Gamma Crateris, nor the nearby Privoro system, though said Belt Cluster does indeed exist in Privoro.

Hope this helps!

Edit:Had a similar issue with 1 I Centauri 4 being placed in the LHS 2852 system. However, when I found the aforementioned body in the nearby 1 I Centauri system, all the other information about it was correct.

Last edited:
hi, what is going on with eddb? none of the carriers match the database in the robigo system.

I'll respond here, but you can consider this also a response to your email. I'm not affiliated with EDDB so I wouldn't know what's going on there. However carriers move quite frequently, so it could easily be that they have moved on and noone has sent the data for them to EDDN. Also carriers are still pretty new and we're working out the issues with them as we find them out.

The new galaxy plotter has been released publically and is available via the main menu or https://spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter

It generates exact routes including refueling and optionally supercharge and FSD synthesis. These routes aren't currently exhaustively checked so they may not be completely optimal (the same code is capable of generating routes which are optimal though they take substantially longer to calculate). I will continue to evolve this to improve the routes generated.

Hi, thanks for your hard work on this site. I recently used the Fleet Carrier Router on a trip out to Formidine Rift, a couple of the stops for refueling Tritium didn't have any Tritium in the system, I was wondering where you got that data from and is there anything I could do to help with the data in future?

Also the fuel used appears to be using metric Tonnes, any reason for that?
Thanks again!

Hi, thanks for your hard work on this site. I recently used the Fleet Carrier Router on a trip out to Formidine Rift, a couple of the stops for refueling Tritium didn't have any Tritium in the system, I was wondering where you got that data from and is there anything I could do to help with the data in future?

Also the fuel used appears to be using metric Tonnes, any reason for that?
Thanks again!

The router just looks for systems with icy rings, there's currently no guarantee that there's a tritium hotspot there (though it's likely there will be at least some tritium even if it's not in a hotspot). As we get more people scanning stuff I can add hotspot checking to it as well.

When you say it's using metric tonnes, as opposed to what?

The router just looks for systems with icy rings, there's currently no guarantee that there's a tritium hotspot there (though it's likely there will be at least some tritium even if it's not in a hotspot). As we get more people scanning stuff I can add hotspot checking to it as well.

When you say it's using metric tonnes, as opposed to what?

I'm not sure what unit Frontier use in the game but the fuel used calculations appear to be wrong, I was wondering whether it was due to using Metric Tonnes if the game uses the British Ton?

The British ton is the long ton, which is 2240 pounds, and the U.S. ton is the short ton which is 2000 pounds.
Both tons are actually defined in the same way. 1 ton is equal to 20 hundredweight. It is just the definition of the hundredweight that differs between countries. In the U.S. there are 100 pounds in the hundredweight, and in Britain there are 112 pounds in the hundredweight. This causes the actual weight of the ton to differ between countries.
To distinguish between the two tons, the smaller U.S. ton is called short, while the larger British ton is called long.
There is also an third type of ton called the metric ton, equal to 1000 kilograms, or approximately 2204 pounds. The metric ton is officially called tonne. The SI standard calls it tonne, but the U.S. Government recommends calling it metric ton.

I'm not sure what unit Frontier use in the game but the fuel used calculations appear to be wrong, I was wondering whether it was due to using Metric Tonnes if the game uses the British Ton?
Can you tell us the wrong and in game calculations with all data needed (used capacity, tritium depot and jump distance)?

Can you tell us the wrong and in game calculations with all data needed (used capacity, tritium depot and jump distance)?

I just did a jump from Wredguia HD-O b34-1 to Col 285 Sector ID-R c5-16, using the Plotter Route, Galaxy map distance is 498LY. I believe FDev said Tritium used is 250Tons for 500LY, so this should have used about 249/250Tons. The Plotter states Fuel Used 216. Actual Fuel Used from the Tritium Depot was 195Tons. :unsure:

Top Bottom