Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

Console PS4
I went to https://www.spansh.co.uk/bodies and ran the search, sorting on (Ring Signal) Void Opals, the attachment is from that search 2 days ago, then I went to the System and mapped the rings. The numbers are from the results in the Navigation pane.

Do you need the settings from the search to reproduce it?
I can produce it, the problem is that I don't have a scan of that ring since Tritium came in, as such it will be out of date. You can contribute to the various community sites by using the EDSM console updater which will contribute scans and market data etc to all of our sites.

I can produce it, the problem is that I don't have a scan of that ring since Tritium came in, as such it will be out of date. You can contribute to the various community sites by using the EDSM console updater which will contribute scans and market data etc to all of our sites.

Thanks for the update. I'm fairly new to the game, only a few months, so I'm not sure where the background databases are located and how they are updated. I am a member of EDSM.net and my journal is up to date to yesterday. I ran the bodies search again today and the result is the same, so it appears my scan has not made any difference.
Could you explain which database you use and how it gets updated?
Thanks for all your work!

Thanks for the update. I'm fairly new to the game, only a few months, so I'm not sure where the background databases are located and how they are updated. I am a member of EDSM.net and my journal is up to date to yesterday. I ran the bodies search again today and the result is the same, so it appears my scan has not made any difference.
Could you explain which database you use and how it gets updated?
Thanks for all your work!
I'm not 100% sure the EDSM Console Updater is sending over the SAASignalsFound journal entry. I know the EDSM regular journal processor is

JSON:
{"$schemaRef": "https://eddn.edcd.io/schemas/journal/1", "header": {"gatewayTimestamp": "2020-07-01T00:00:29.609020Z", "softwareName": "EDSM", "softwareVersion": "1.0.1", "uploaderID": "1c59381feacce0fd398219b52f9bbb5a850dd95f"}, "message": {"BodyID": 4, "BodyName": "Moon", "Signals": [{"Count": 1, "Type": "$SAA_SignalType_Other;"}, {"Count": 1, "Type": "$SAA_SignalType_Human;"}], "StarPos": [0, 0, 0], "StarSystem": "Sol", "SystemAddress": 10477373803, "event": "SAASignalsFound", "timestamp": "2020-06-05T21:02:14Z"}}

However I can't find any recent scan entries for EDSM - Console, the last day I have any entries.

JSON:
{"$schemaRef": "https://eddn.edcd.io/schemas/journal/1", "header": {"gatewayTimestamp": "2020-05-31T23:59:38.556909Z", "softwareName": "EDSM - Console", "softwareVersion": "1.0", "uploaderID": "f8c2312b45cdc1d74f6a4697543fa120b8dc0f20"}, "message": {"AbsoluteMagnitude": 8.916168, "Age_MY": 10494, "AxialTilt": 0, "BodyID": 0, "BodyName": "Col 285 Sector SP-C b14-5", "DistanceFromArrivalLS": 0, "Luminosity": "Va", "Radius": 372286048, "RotationPeriod": 240726.9375, "ScanType": "AutoScan", "StarPos": [-49.6875, 48.25, -52.84375], "StarSystem": "Col 285 Sector SP-C b14-5", "StarType": "M", "StellarMass": 0.339844, "Subclass": 3, "SurfaceTemperature": 3083, "SystemAddress": 11665265599889, "WasDiscovered": true, "WasMapped": false, "event": "Scan", "timestamp": "2020-05-31T20:16:59Z"}}
{"$schemaRef": "https://eddn.edcd.io/schemas/journal/1", "header": {"gatewayTimestamp": "2020-05-31T23:59:39.217188Z", "softwareName": "EDSM", "softwareVersion": "1.0.1", "uploaderID": "e24bec07c538e6805418ea2b4d7e2d91dad1096d"}, "message": {"BodyID": 15, "BodyName": "Byua Euq ZP-M d8-10 B Belt Cluster 1", "DistanceFromArrivalLS": 835.87384, "Parents": [{"Ring": 14}, {"Star": 0}], "ScanType": "AutoScan", "StarPos": [-121.5625, 1083.34375, 6085.1875], "StarSystem": "Byua Euq ZP-M d8-10", "SystemAddress": 354058193867, "WasDiscovered": false, "WasMapped": false, "event": "Scan", "timestamp": "2020-05-30T22:59:38Z"}}

Looking into it further there are some other issues, I'll raise it with the EDSM developers.

Thanks for the update! Still not sure how this updating works, surely signals are programmed by the game mechanics, so why are there player updates by scans?

The vast bulk of the galaxy's content is generated. If you go to some undiscovered system out in the black, that system's contents don't actually exist anywhere. Once a commander enters the system, the game generates it.

So 3rd-party tools don't know any of what's where until someone goes there and the tool, by whatever method, gets the data from the game journals. They can't predict the system's contents.

So for rings, the data in these tools are only as up-to-date as the last scan.

The vast bulk of the galaxy's content is generated. If you go to some undiscovered system out in the black, that system's contents don't actually exist anywhere. Once a commander enters the system, the game generates it.

So 3rd-party tools don't know any of what's where until someone goes there and the tool, by whatever method, gets the data from the game journals. They can't predict the system's contents.

So for rings, the data in these tools are only as up-to-date as the last scan.

Thank you for the explanation. I was aware that new discoveries generated the bodies by using an algorithm, and hence the rings and signals/hotspots, but didn't know that the 3rd-party tools were updated by commanders using the EDSM site to update data. I know that when I went to the Formidine Rift about a month ago I made multiple new discoveries, but gave up scanning rings because I thought there was no way the data could be used by other commanders. This seems to make it very important for all commanders to use EDSM to update 3rd-party tools.

If you're on a console, EDSM can go back 28 days, I think it is. If you're on PC, there are other tools available which can allow uploads based on files stored on your computer, so presumably further back than that. So the work you did can perhaps still be included.

The fleet carrier
Awesome application. The only problem I'm having is that I can't put in my current location several times, like it doesnt even register the system I'm in where EDSM and other applications can.

For reference the last system I was in: Flyooe Eohn MJ-L a76-0 and here's the EDSM link https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/55640844/name/Flyooe+Eohn+MJ-L+a76-0
So for the fleet carrier, road to riches and galaxy router new systems will only appear after roughly 24 hours. That system was brand new yesterday (I assume when you went through it). As such it'll have to appear in my galaxy dump and then be imported.

On another note the fleet carrier router has been updated to use the new fuel calculations in game (reducing the cost by roughly 50%).

Feature request: In system search give an option to search by cube distance rather than by radius. This would be handy for BGS folks as there isn't really a good public way to do this.

Background: BGS expansions happen in a cube with edges 40 ly long centered on the expanding system. So it is often useful to be able to get a list of all the systems in your "expansion cube"

Feature request: In system search give an option to search by cube distance rather than by radius. This would be handy for BGS folks as there isn't really a good public way to do this.

Background: BGS expansions happen in a cube with edges 40 ly long centered on the expanding system. So it is often useful to be able to get a list of all the systems in your "expansion cube"

EDDiscovery can do this by the way as long as you are in the system.
Add the 'Nearest Stars' option to the list of tabs. For your case just type in 20ly and select the cube option.
Hope that helps.

I also wanted to thank Spansh for the amazing work. (y)
I've started a monthly donation to help out with the development and hosting and would encourage anyone else who regularly uses these tools to do the same.

EDDisc isn't really viable for BGS usage because it has no filters. It would require manually sorting through a list to get rid of all the unpopulated systems. It also would not allow you to use all of Spansh's other super useful filters.

Last edited:
I've had that issue before. Sometimes you end up copying extra stuff from the export window. Don't know why. Your data starts and stops with a [, ] .... these don't appear in the coriolis export json. When I remove them from your file spansh works just fine.

I've had that issue before. Sometimes you end up copying extra stuff from the export window. Don't know why. Your data starts and stops with a [, ] .... these don't appear in the coriolis export json. When I remove them from your file spansh works just fine.
Worked an absolute treat, thanks!

Hi, I am using the Fleet carrier router last night. I am about 15 jumps from Colonia going back to the bubble. Today I have lost my route. I am in Blua Eaec WK-V a49-1 heading for HIP 17403. I have 16K to go but the route only plots 2 jumps and now says "Could not gererate route, closest route found." I have not deviated from the route given to me yesterday.

Top Bottom