Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

Here is desktop version, it queries website, but stores last clicked/queried locally. So if you pressed "reset" on your PC, next time you launch it - it will show exactly where you stopped. Made using Qt as I play on linux and can't use other tools. Maybe will add some more things later.
https://github.com/alexzk1/ed_highway

Many times now on trips out to the deep dark black.....the plotter will say something like "next waypoint, 5 jumps away". However, the game cannot resolve those 5 jumps.

It would be uber-helpful if could click a button and get those 5 jumps in detail. Maybe an option to map out all jumps (CSV?).

For example....I am currently stuck at system SPAIDO QR-N D6-1 and my destination is LYED YJ-I D9-0 flying my "jump-aconda" with 45LY range. The plotter (set to 60%) is telling me my "first" waypoint is Groek CH-D d12-0 at 21 jumps distance. However the game cannot resolve this jump (Route plotting failed) and (due to very few stars) I'm having a hard time manually plotting a route. If the plotter gave me those 21 jumps, that would be awesomely helpful.
Check galaxy map settings, you should allow there long jumps, boosted jumps and be sure you have enough fuel. All that is accounted by game doing plot.
Sometimes those settings reset to default economical jumps silently.

That was the first thing I checked, even with boost Lvl3 selected it still fails. Full fuel tank, zero cargo, all modules at 100%.

I have since turned around.....gonna re-spec my Anaconda for 84LY jumps (https://s.orbis.zone/5mxs) and try again. Maybe the max range will do the trick.

Many times now on trips out to the deep dark black.....the plotter will say something like "next waypoint, 5 jumps away". However, the game cannot resolve those 5 jumps.

It would be uber-helpful if could click a button and get those 5 jumps in detail. Maybe an option to map out all jumps (CSV?).

For example....I am currently stuck at system SPAIDO QR-N D6-1 and my destination is LYED YJ-I D9-0 flying my "jump-aconda" with 45LY range. The plotter (set to 60%) is telling me my "first" waypoint is Groek CH-D d12-0 at 21 jumps distance. However the game cannot resolve this jump (Route plotting failed) and (due to very few stars) I'm having a hard time manually plotting a route. If the plotter gave me those 21 jumps, that would be awesomely helpful.

The system itself doesn't calculate all the jumps, it only calculates the best route to take via neutron stars and assumes the in game router will handle the inbetween routes. It estimates the number of jumps it will take based on being able to get roughly 90% of your distance each time (which works pretty well in most of the galaxy). This approach does break down in areas of the galaxy which are very sparsely populated. Since we still have very little information about all the available systems in the galaxy there's no way the neutron planner can handle this in its current form.

I am working on a more exact route planner (the first version of which works, but is somewhat slow and inefficient) which would be able to handle this use case (but only using systems we know so it's unlikely to get the exact optimal route since it can't know about stars we don't know about). I'm not sure when I will have more time to finish this off as I am working on some other features for the site.

That was the first thing I checked, even with boost Lvl3 selected it still fails. Full fuel tank, zero cargo, all modules at 100%.

I have since turned around.....gonna re-spec my Anaconda for 84LY jumps (https://s.orbis.zone/5mxs) and try again. Maybe the max range will do the trick.

Well, as for me ...I do next:
1. Build route.
2. Skipping some NS from route, so skipped part contains less then 10 jumps
3. Making plot to that point in game, if it is longer then router said, "unskipping" 1 more NS and repeating (3).

In most cases you will get faster route then plotter said + you will discover new NS. But not always.

Also if you use highway (+/-1000 ly plane) - you don't need plotter at all.

For me, the trade route planner will only display a the first few hops, and you can see where the list cuts off. I can't scroll down to see the other hops. Also, the "copy" function doesn't seem to work. Cheers on the site, has been the most useful tool for me so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    113.5 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
For me, the trade route planner will only display a the first few hops, and you can see where the list cuts off. I can't scroll down to see the other hops. Also, the "copy" function doesn't seem to work. Cheers on the site, has been the most useful tool for me so far.

I can't replicate the scrolling problem, that screenshot certainly looks like you're at the end of the list of trade hops. However I can replicate the copy button being broken and I have fixed that. I'm in the middle of a large code reshuffle (which has fixed and improved a whole bunch of other things) so it may be a few days before I can release that.

I can't replicate the scrolling problem, that screenshot certainly looks like you're at the end of the list of trade hops. However I can replicate the copy button being broken and I have fixed that. I'm in the middle of a large code reshuffle (which has fixed and improved a whole bunch of other things) so it may be a few days before I can release that.
for the trade hops, I'll have 20 hops selected but it only displays 10. not sure if that's replicable. just means having to start over every 10 hops, not like its feature breaking or anything

The new import has finished and therefore the new version of the site with various fixes and improvements has been released. As usual, let me know of any problems you find.

The state field is actually applied to factions rather than systems (something I recently had to change), so if you display the faction presence field it'll show the states of the factions there. I left the state field searchable as I figured people would want to search by that.

Ah, that's a bit different use case than I was looking for. I.e., I was trying to get multiple filters (war + civil war for independent and Alliance controlled systems) for maximizing chance of finding right HGE :). Thanks for explaining how it works!

Ah, that's a bit different use case than I was looking for. I.e., I was trying to get multiple filters (war + civil war for independent and Alliance controlled systems) for maximizing chance of finding right HGE :). Thanks for explaining how it works!
I could probably run something up which works that way if enough people find that useful. I'd need some sightly more detailed examples so I can work out exactly how it should work.

I could probably run something up which works that way if enough people find that useful. I'd need some sightly more detailed examples so I can work out exactly how it should work.

All the details for the HGE material grinds are described here: https://www.edtutorials.com/engineering/the-fastest-ways-to-gather-any-engineering-materials/ ^^

This are the filters from the page to maximize chance of finding a given material. I don't know any other tool that could set up a complex filter like that "Independent or Alliance, War/Civil War" or even "Federation, Election/None".

• Core Dynamics Composites | Proprietary Composites
    Federation, Election/None
  • Military Grade Alloys | Military Supercapacitors
    Independent or Alliance, War/Civil War
  • Improvised Components
    Independent or Alliance, Civil Unrest
  • Imperial Shielding
    Empire, Election/None
  • Pharmaceutical Isolators
    Independent or Alliance, Outbreak
  • Proto Heat Radiators | Proto Light Alloys
    Independent or Alliance, Boom
  • Proto Radiolic Alloys
    Independent or Alliance, Expansion

Hi, the Neutron Router can't find my current system: SWOIWNS GU-K c23-2, it shows me only SWOIWNS GU-K c23-0 and SWOIWNS GU-K c23-1, any suggestion or solution ??

Sans titre.png

All the details for the HGE material grinds are described here: https://www.edtutorials.com/engineering/the-fastest-ways-to-gather-any-engineering-materials/ ^^

This are the filters from the page to maximize chance of finding a given material. I don't know any other tool that could set up a complex filter like that "Independent or Alliance, War/Civil War" or even "Federation, Election/None".

CMDR Spansh reached out about this question - there are a few ways to search for materials, by using the "rules" in that video and using the "Systems" tool on Spansh.co.uk - but the new and improved way is the tool I created on EDTutorials.com

Material Finder

Search for Imperial Shielding for the last 24 Hours

Here's how the tool works:
  • Whenever a commander running the Cannon plugin for EDMarket Connector picks up any engineering material it is logged to a database
  • I import that database once a minute from Cannon
  • I then query the data to show you where someone actually gathered the material you're searching for
  • While this won't guarantee you get the material in that system it at least tells you other commanders have within the given timeframe

Soon I'll be adding a "routing" feature where you can put in your current system and it will plot you through the top 5 best known systems for that material. This is specifically designed for High Grade Emission farming but tracks all materials everywhere.

I hope you'll give it a try and let me know what you think, and that if you do you install and run the Cannon plugin as the more running the plugin the better the data.

~Exigeous

Hi, the Neutron Router can't find my current system: SWOIWNS GU-K c23-2, it shows me only SWOIWNS GU-K c23-0 and SWOIWNS GU-K c23-1, any suggestion or solution ??

View attachment 162501
It's likely a system we don't yet know about (so noone has submitted it to EDDN).

The best way to carry on is to find a system close to where you are then use that one.

Then put the system name in the "System Position" box. That will give you the rough coordinates of the system.

Now go to https://spansh.co.uk/nearest and put those coordinates in and hit search.

That will give you the nearest known system to those coordinates and you can plot from there.

CMDR Spansh reached out about this question - there are a few ways to search for materials, by using the "rules" in that video and using the "Systems" tool on Spansh.co.uk - but the new and improved way is the tool I created on EDTutorials.com

Oh! That's fantastic that you took your time to check this!

Material Finder

Search for Imperial Shielding for the last 24 Hours

Here's how the tool works:
  • Whenever a commander running the Cannon plugin for EDMarket Connector picks up any engineering material it is logged to a database
  • I import that database once a minute from Cannon
  • I then query the data to show you where someone actually gathered the material you're searching for
  • While this won't guarantee you get the material in that system it at least tells you other commanders have within the given timeframe

Ah, I've checked it out, but it is based only on data from material found, not systems that potentially can have materials, right? That was my reasoning for asking in this thread, not on Level 11 discord ^^

Soon I'll be adding a "routing" feature where you can put in your current system and it will plot you through the top 5 best known systems for that material. This is specifically designed for High Grade Emission farming but tracks all materials everywhere.

That's fantastic feature to add. Though, I'm concerned with efficiency with gathering materials, I wish to have optimized option that don't require quitting the game as I play in VR. I don't mind doing a loop through multiple systems in search for HGE (even if it takes longer). It can be even fun in open due to (seldom) encouters with gankers that I can try to run away from (and if it gets too boring I can pack few tones of LTDs to attract NPC pirates^^). Do you plan to supplement the "top-5" system list with systems that meet HGE spawning criteria (e.g., "Independent or Alliance, War/Civil War" ) if none are found in your DB? IIRC I was hunting for Improvised Components and your tool didn't show any systems with them so I was searching for alternates and CMDR Spansh's tool seems to be ideal for that (though I had to resort to eddb.io with single criteria in one category).

I hope you'll give it a try and let me know what you think, and that if you do you install and run the Cannon plugin as the more running the plugin the better the data.

Sure, I'll give the Cannon plugin a spin. I wish frontier would allow to integrate tools inside Elite (as panels in UI). Having to run multiple apps in the background and pulling some of them as windows in VR every time I lunch the game is a pain...

Ah, I've checked it out, but it is based only on data from material found, not systems that potentially can have materials, right? That was my reasoning for asking in this thread, not on Level 11 discord ^^

First no worries asking here but honestly I only very rarely reply here as I find the forums extremely toxic and stay far away. Only because Spansh pinged me did I reply.

As for Material Finder yes and no - yes, the data in the main table is from what players have actually found but there is also general information about the material in the tables below that. It also generates a table that tells you which system states the material was actually found in - so again rather than relying on old spreadsheets with data submitted by a small few this is using live game data to show those historical trends. It's in the table to the right

1581952086223.png

As for playing in VR and exiting game, etc. the way I look at it is this - there are days I "work Elite" and days I "play Elite". Whenever I "work Elite" I do that in the most efficient way possible, and given that exiting and coming back is an order of magnitude faster I will always use that method. Given I can get 100 Imperial Shielding in under 20 minutes I'll pick that vs. flying around for hours going from system to system looking for another HGE. Obviously up to you - I too am a huge fan of VR but when I "work" I generally play in 2D to make that far more efficient. That way I can do that less and "play" much more.

BTW I even opened a ticket with support before making the video to confirm that exiting the game to get materials, etc. to respawn in no way violates the TOS - and they confirmed it absolutely does not. So nothing in this is an "exploit" at all, as I'll never make a video with something like that I wanted to confirm first before making it.

~X

Top Bottom