Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

Hi,
Fantastic tool, thanks for your work. I've just signed up on Patreon.

1. Issue and offer to help: When attempting exploration in the Black (>5,000 Ly outside the bubble) there seem to be star systems missing (i.e. when a friend says "hey bring your carrier to System XXXX-123" which is 6000 Ly away, the FC plotter can't find that system in its database so I have to guess somewhere close). How can we help close these gaps in the star system database?
  2. Feature request: Can you alter the code to store the screen settings when you log in. Pretty minor annoyance and low priority but would give it a better look and feel.
Thanks,
CMDR WildBill24

Hi,
Fantastic tool, thanks for your work. I've just signed up on Patreon.

1. Issue and offer to help: When attempting exploration in the Black (>5,000 Ly outside the bubble) there seem to be star systems missing (i.e. when a friend says "hey bring your carrier to System XXXX-123" which is 6000 Ly away, the FC plotter can't find that system in its database so I have to guess somewhere close). How can we help close these gaps in the star system database?
  2. Feature request: Can you alter the code to store the screen settings when you log in. Pretty minor annoyance and low priority but would give it a better look and feel.
Thanks,
CMDR WildBill24

1. You can use the nearest known system search feature to find a known system near to you. Filling in the gaps is just a matter of exploring the region abd subitting scan data with EDMC/ED Discovery/EDSM Console upddater.
2. What do you mean by screen settings, do you mean theme, because those should already be saved.

Excellent tools, thanks very much for the hard work. I've had an idea for a tool that I don't believe exists and I believe it would be useful for someone far cleverer than me to create. User provides a list of 2 or more systems, and the tool finds a system or systems (perhaps based on some criteria) equidistant between all the user-provided systems. So basically a location you can use as a "hub", while all the systems the user provided become the "spokes". Perhaps an option to return systems with stations or not, so you could jump your FC into a system with no stations and use your FC as the "hub"

Cheers :)

This is a very useful tool for identifying Neutron Star routes, but you need to be careful. I just had to Self Destruct on a 8500 LY route to Hen 2-23 for the Glorious Nebula on a tourist mission. If you see a series of 1 jump waypoints on the route, be very careful, because you may get in a situation like I did where the scoopable stars are so far apart, that you cannot stop for fuel and then return to any other star. I had about 15-20 one-jump steps in a row in the final 2500 LY of my Neutron Star Router journey. The tool knew my jump range, which is 55LY. I had to stop for fuel, but the closest stars were almost 100 LY apart. So as soon as I stopped for fuel, nearing the end of the journey, I was stuck. My advice is use the tool, but when you see a series of more than 3 or 4 single jump steps in a row, be very careful about using the route. Maybe prepare an alternate regular jump route starting at the beginning of the series of single jumps, so you know how to get back into an area with enough scoopable stars. There are places it will take you to that you cannot get out of, and not just in ships with low jump range.

Excellent tools, thanks very much for the hard work. I've had an idea for a tool that I don't believe exists and I believe it would be useful for someone far cleverer than me to create. User provides a list of 2 or more systems, and the tool finds a system or systems (perhaps based on some criteria) equidistant between all the user-provided systems. So basically a location you can use as a "hub", while all the systems the user provided become the "spokes". Perhaps an option to return systems with stations or not, so you could jump your FC into a system with no stations and use your FC as the "hub"

Cheers :)
A midpoint finder tool, sounds like. Could be useful.

While I don't know of a tool that does this automatically, you can do this manually without too much work. The approximate way is just to bookmark the systems of interest, and eyeball a spot in the middle. But the exact method, if you needed to for some reason, would be this:

• Make a list of all the systems of interest. A spreadsheet would help, but pencil and lined paper will suffice.
  • Use eddb, EDSM, or whatever to look up and record the X/Y/Z coordinates of each system.
  • Take the average of each column. The average values will be the coordinates of the centroid of the systems you looked up.
  • Back on the Spansh site, use the coordinate search feature to find the nearest known system to your centroid coordinate.

Minor data bug spotted (i think).
Ran a route from Ngurii to Khun.
Settings (from top to bottom) were:
unchecked use mapping values and loop.

For reasons best know to itself:
I have the system: Core Sys Sector WO-R a4-3
Which says it has Arangorii B 2 in it... which it isn't - thats in Arangorii.

No idfea if i should report this or not? Hoping I've given enough data so you can fix it though.

This is a very useful tool for identifying Neutron Star routes, but you need to be careful. I just had to Self Destruct on a 8500 LY route to Hen 2-23 for the Glorious Nebula on a tourist mission. If you see a series of 1 jump waypoints on the route, be very careful, because you may get in a situation like I did where the scoopable stars are so far apart, that you cannot stop for fuel and then return to any other star. I had about 15-20 one-jump steps in a row in the final 2500 LY of my Neutron Star Router journey. The tool knew my jump range, which is 55LY. I had to stop for fuel, but the closest stars were almost 100 LY apart. So as soon as I stopped for fuel, nearing the end of the journey, I was stuck. My advice is use the tool, but when you see a series of more than 3 or 4 single jump steps in a row, be very careful about using the route. Maybe prepare an alternate regular jump route starting at the beginning of the series of single jumps, so you know how to get back into an area with enough scoopable stars. There are places it will take you to that you cannot get out of, and not just in ships with low jump range.

This can be an issue which the galaxy plotter fixes (although it doesn't provide as good a route yet), but there was likely no requirement for you to self destruct. You could have attempted to summon a friendly Fleet Carrier in order to get out (I believe the fuel rats support this service).

Minor data bug spotted (i think).
Ran a route from Ngurii to Khun.
Settings (from top to bottom) were:
unchecked use mapping values and loop.

For reasons best know to itself:
I have the system: Core Sys Sector WO-R a4-3
Which says it has Arangorii B 2 in it... which it isn't - thats in Arangorii.

No idfea if i should report this or not? Hoping I've given enough data so you can fix it though.

I'll take a look, thanks.

Minor interface bug:

When plotting a route at 100% efficiency, the route is broken up into 20Kly blocks (as expected), but the "Distance (LY)" column shows the total distance traveled, instead of the distance of that block. This results in the "Jumps" column tracking the total number of jumps made, and then the totals are added up to result in a reported jump count above what it actually should be.

Example: Plotting from Sol to Beagle Point (~65,000 ly) with a jump range of 59 ly should result in an "Estimated Jumps" count of approximately 1100 jumps, but instead results in over 2300 estimated jumps.

Screenshot 2020-11-12 123044.png

Minor interface bug:

When plotting a route at 100% efficiency, the route is broken up into 20Kly blocks (as expected), but the "Distance (LY)" column shows the total distance traveled, instead of the distance of that block. This results in the "Jumps" column tracking the total number of jumps made, and then the totals are added up to result in a reported jump count above what it actually should be.

Example: Plotting from Sol to Beagle Point (~65,000 ly) with a jump range of 59 ly should result in an "Estimated Jumps" count of approximately 1100 jumps, but instead results in over 2300 estimated jumps.

View attachment 195019
Should be fixed: https://spansh.co.uk/plotter/result...iciency=100&from=Sol&range=59&to=Beagle Point

This seems to have broken the galaxy plotter. Pasting in a build that used to work from Coriolis, I now get "ship details are invalid"; when I paste an EDSY build, it just sits there and does nothing at all.

Last edited:
This seems to have broken the galaxy plotter. Pasting in a build that used to work from Coriolis, I now get "ship details are invalid"; when I paste an EDSY build, it just sits there and does nothing at all.
Ah, yes I broke the coriolis stuff (now fixed), you need to export the SLEF format from EDSY not the text format.

So, either I missed it or this information really is quite hidden. But how often are prices for the trade planner updated?
And is it possible to submit a update if ya notice that prices on the site and in game are completely different from each other?

When you know you're going to run out of fuel, for example, you don't have enough fuel to jump the plotted route, instead of jumping to the neutron star and losing all your fuel, plot to a FOAMKGB "shorter" than the neutron star instead. Scoop that, then proceed to the original neutron star that you'd have jumped if you had enough fuel. I found this is the best way to stay safe. Please give this half vid a watch, it's explained in there. Cheers.

Source: https://youtu.be/hXt5ED5fjxw?list=PL63PGTpR-DXrDGJTsU5lCFe3q2Aztj3GB&t=373

So, either I missed it or this information really is quite hidden. But how often are prices for the trade planner updated?
And is it possible to submit a update if ya notice that prices on the site and in game are completely different from each other?

It's updated live as players submit data (well, within 10 minutes). Players should submit data using EDMC or EDDiscovery, or, if you're on console you can use the EDSM console updater.

In order to get it updated you need to visit the market page of the station you're docked at (whilst using one of the aforementioned software) and the marketdata will be sent to EDDN (which is where most of our sites get their data).

Quite a few things might be out of date at the moment (more than usual) because Frontier recently changed how trade prices work.

The trade route planner has been buggy for me all day, giving me incorrect plans in terms of what to buy when the station doesn't even sell what its telling me to buy and now when searching for another route its stuck on search and won't complete, I've tried it both on my laptop and phone and it doesn't work on either.

The trade route planner has been buggy for me all day, giving me incorrect plans in terms of what to buy when the station doesn't even sell what its telling me to buy and now when searching for another route its stuck on search and won't complete, I've tried it both on my laptop and phone and it doesn't work on either.
I couldn't seem to replicate, it would be good to have some examples.

as said before ... using spansh so much now!

latest usecase was finding commodity markets selling specific metals and minerals controlled by a specific faction and market data older than last patch :)

i would love, if creating a tourist route from an individual search would allow start and destination system, as does the ammonia router now!

anyway thanks for this!

Top Bottom