Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

@Spansh

Great tool my friend! I'm on my first week of Elite Dangerous and been using your Road-to-Riches, to get rich, hopefully. Still going through it, but always revising my jump based on your site. Thank you!

For a couple days now, I've not been able to download CSV. I've tried various browsers and computers. No luck. Any ideas? Couldn't find anything via search..

@Spansh

Great tool my friend! I'm on my first week of Elite Dangerous and been using your Road-to-Riches, to get rich, hopefully. Still going through it, but always revising my jump based on your site. Thank you!

For a couple days now, I've not been able to download CSV. I've tried various browsers and computers. No luck. Any ideas? Couldn't find anything via search..
There was a bug left over from the recent changes, this should now be fixed.

Very Nice tool, but one Question/Request:

Using road to riches, with logged-in account, I know I can check "Done" systems - and they will not appear next search. Is there ANY WAY to access this list of "done systems" ??? this would be very nice. firstly simply to see which already have been "checked" and also to be able to "uncheck" them. I am also missing an 'option', to choose whether they should be exluded/included in the results, so I can compare the results (or for simply seeing the same route again). (sure I can simply log out, but that's annoying). Anyway it just feels weird to lose any control over which system/body has been "done" after the page is closed/refreshed (which could happen in accidental situations or wrong checkboxes could be clicked). if its already possible please tell me how, since I didn't get it.

Otherwise don't need fancy stuff, but it seems to me, that on per-account basis the DB stores which systems have been "done", so all that is needed is a button or checkbox with a single query.
thanks.

Using road to riches, with logged-in account, I know I can check "Done" systems - and they will not appear next search. Is there ANY WAY to access this list of "done systems" ??? this would be very nice. firstly simply to see which already have been "checked" and also to be able to "uncheck" them. I am also missing an 'option', to choose whether they should be exluded/included in the results, so I can compare the results (or for simply seeing the same route again). (sure I can simply log out, but that's annoying). Anyway it just feels weird to lose any control over which system/body has been "done" after the page is closed/refreshed (which could happen in accidental situations or wrong checkboxes could be clicked). if its already possible please tell me how, since I didn't get it.

Otherwise don't need fancy stuff, but it seems to me, that on per-account basis the DB stores which systems have been "done", so all that is needed is a button or checkbox with a single query.
thanks.
There's no current way but it wouldn't be hard to add, I'll add it to the list

i also noticed that the "hide search" button will UNCHECK all current "done" checkboxes, wich may result in an 5min clickfest when almost done with the list ;-)

thanks.
This has now been done, when logged in you can click in your name in the top right and it will take you to a screen where you can see scanned things.
i also noticed that the "hide search" button will UNCHECK all current "done" checkboxes, wich may result in an 5min clickfest when almost done with the list ;-)
This should now be fixed when you're logged in.

This has now been done, when logged in you can click in your name in the top right and it will take you to a screen where you can see scanned things.

This should now be fixed when you're logged in.
awesome thanks.
i went ahead and tried it. although it seems " that it only displays 10 bodies in this new list (list is not completely displayed), so the list is limted to max 10 visible entries, w/o button to cycle pages ect.
[i should have more bodies in the list, also new added items didnt show, and when an item was removed, it was gone and replaced by another one from the list, that was previous not shown]

like this:
-----
User Settings
Update scanned bodies
Scanned Bodies (10)
-----

awesome thanks.
i went ahead and tried it. although it seems " that it only displays 10 bodies in this new list (list is not completely displayed), so the list is limted to max 10 visible entries, w/o button to cycle pages ect.
[i should have more bodies in the list, also new added items didnt show, and when an item was removed, it was gone and replaced by another one from the list, that was previous not shown]

like this:
-----
User Settings
Update scanned bodies
Scanned Bodies (10)
-----
Try now, made some updates

Try now, made some updates
yep, seems like its working well. i noticed when i check a box in a route, it sometimes may take a few seconds (3-10s) until the update can be seen (either in the visited systems page or also when doing the same search), but i guess this is not really a problem, guess the server just needs a few seconds to update. as a user its good to know however to give it a few seconds time when playing around with it.

idk if you think its a good idea, if you are very bored you can give it a thought:
adding an option (checkbox) to the RtR search the already visited systems will be included (which are then automatically checked ofc).
this can help to see the difference between the generated route if it was "default" and how it got altered with the excluded system. (like in: will there be a lot jumps, will the cash be much lower... helping to decide to make further changes to the route then)
sure, theoretically we can compare already by first generating a route when logged out, and then again when logged in, but this would be more comfortable. also it would simply give the ability to see which systems have been visited along any plotted route - which might be interesting to ppl. at least in the scope of this tool. i know ppl probably use other 3rd party tools aswell for tracking stuff)

anyhow good job - and all for free :)

When I'm using the Galaxy Plotter, I notice that when I check "use FSD injections," it uses them for every jump. Is it at all possible to have it only use injections when needed, like when crossing a low star density region? The reason I'm asking is I'm looking into using this tool rather than manually plotting routes across galactic arms and other sparse regions of space, where it's impossible to complete the route without at least one injection.

Ok so I'm experiencing an issue. Spansh plotted me a route to bd+83 357 successfully from the bubble. I made it to my last trip to the galmap and my route plotting the rest of the way from the last neutron star is failing consistently.

This is from the system I'm in and it's telling me I can do this. The galmap begs to differ. How do I address this as I am now just sitting here feeling like I wasted a trip getting here?
Screenshot_20210307-011213_Chrome.jpg

When I'm using the Galaxy Plotter, I notice that when I check "use FSD injections," it uses them for every jump. Is it at all possible to have it only use injections when needed, like when crossing a low star density region? The reason I'm asking is I'm looking into using this tool rather than manually plotting routes across galactic arms and other sparse regions of space, where it's impossible to complete the route without at least one injection.
There's no easy way to do this to be honest due to the way the galaxy plotter works, it's either all or nothing.

Ok so I'm experiencing an issue. Spansh plotted me a route to bd+83 357 successfully from the bubble. I made it to my last trip to the galmap and my route plotting the rest of the way from the last neutron star is failing consistently.

This is from the system I'm in and it's telling me I can do this. The galmap begs to differ. How do I address this as I am now just sitting here feeling like I wasted a trip getting here?
View attachment 211576
The neutron plotter doesn't ensure that you will be able to plot from one system to another, it merely suggests neutrons along the route which may allow you to get there. You could try to use the galaxy plotter (https://spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter) which does check every jump and should allow you to get there. Looking at a route with one of my own ship builds it may not be possible without using a fleet carrier: https://spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter/results/6F0D5838-7FFE-11EB-B163-8CDA94EB4526
I'm out near Colonia and have noticed some source systems can't be referenced. Eg. Boeph XK-E d12-1650

Keep up the good work as it is still very useful.
Unfortunately we can only use systems which players have both visited and submitted to our sites via EDMC/ED Discovery/Journal Limpet or the other tools which allow players to submit their journals. We currently know less than 0.01% of the galaxy so if you're out around the lesser explored areas then it's likely you will find systems we don't know about. If you want to find a nearby system we do know about you could use http://edts.thargoid.space/ and https://spansh.co.uk/nearest which using the system you gave me provides Boeph QH-Q b49-10.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm somehow using it wrong, but I've been attempting to use the Galaxy Plotter to plot a neutron and FSD injection boosted route from the bubble to SagA*.

The problem I'm running into that it includes, at most, only 3 neutron stars, and then just has 240 fsd injection boosted jumps in a row.

I've used the tool successfully before, but that was in my Anaconda, which had a jump range of the high 70s. This time I wanted to bring my Cutter out, which only has a jump range in the mid 50s, so maybe that's it? I can plot a route in the neutron plotter, but that doesn't factor in fuel stops and FSD injections.

Edit: Ironically, if I don't click the "Use FSD Injection" option, I can occasionally get better routes that actually use neutrons most of the way, but clicking that option eliminates them all.

Oh, and by the way, much respect for the various routers. They've been a ton of help throughout my travels!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm somehow using it wrong, but I've been attempting to use the Galaxy Plotter to plot a neutron and FSD injection boosted route from the bubble to SagA*.

The problem I'm running into that it includes, at most, only 3 neutron stars, and then just has 240 fsd injection boosted jumps in a row.

I've used the tool successfully before, but that was in my Anaconda, which had a jump range of the high 70s. This time I wanted to bring my Cutter out, which only has a jump range in the mid 50s, so maybe that's it? I can plot a route in the neutron plotter, but that doesn't factor in fuel stops and FSD injections.

Edit: Ironically, if I don't click the "Use FSD Injection" option, I can occasionally get better routes that actually use neutrons most of the way, but clicking that option eliminates them all.

Oh, and by the way, much respect for the various routers. They've been a ton of help throughout my travels!
Got a link to the route?

as i love tools sending me somehwere i don't know about, i'm using the tourist plotter a lot.

today i thought how cool it would be, if a search could not only be linked to "create a tourist route with that", but also for the trade route planner. for exampel, if i would only like to trade between systems with ammonia worlds, or anarchy systems in boom or similar.

Sorry for taking so long to get this to you. Been a long week at work.

Here's a link to one of the routes that barely include any neutrons: https://www.spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter/results/42184110-82B7-11EB-92C5-2CE594EB4526

Here is the exact same build, but "Use FSD Injections" is turned off, giving what I'm used to with the plotter, nearly all neutron jumps:
So the main issue is you're trying to travel right along the 400LY wide neutron void along the 0 axis. The router would eventually find an optimal route but it would take quite a long time (using the new progressive improvement mechanism). Right now the time limit is 60 seconds for non logged in, 120 seconds for logged in and 240 seconds for patrons. What you can do to make it a little easier on the router is move 400LY or so to the left or right (for instance start at Wregoe LE-G c24-25). This moves you out of the neutron void and allows the system to more easily generate the route.

https://www.spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter/results/2C15F116-8319-11EB-8D0B-2DE594EB4526 generates a route in 105 jumps for me.

So the main issue is you're trying to travel right along the 400LY wide neutron void along the 0 axis. The router would eventually find an optimal route but it would take quite a long time (using the new progressive improvement mechanism). Right now the time limit is 60 seconds for non logged in, 120 seconds for logged in and 240 seconds for patrons. What you can do to make it a little easier on the router is move 400LY or so to the left or right (for instance start at Wregoe LE-G c24-25). This moves you out of the neutron void and allows the system to more easily generate the route.

https://www.spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter/results/2C15F116-8319-11EB-8D0B-2DE594EB4526 generates a route in 105 jumps for me.
Ahh, I see. That makes a lot of sense. Let me see if I am understanding you correctly: Basically, to prevent the website from over using bandwidth, you place a cap on how long the calculator will take to find an optimal route. This is causing it to give up after a bit, because the specific requirements I am asking for cause my ship to fall into a neutron star deficit area without additional time for further calculations. And a solution I can implement is to do a bit of manual plotting to get me to the more neutron dense area and then let the calculator take over from there?

I assume if I became a patron, that might also help, as it would allow the plotter additional time to make the calculations? I ask because the work you've done with this plotter is a one of the few causes I'd consider supporting, if I can afford it.

Edit: First, logging in and letting the plotter have 120 seconds to plot completely fixed my problem. Thank you! Second, $1 a month? If I can't afford that, I fail at life. You deserve it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom