Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

Hello,
I've been plotting a route now for a few days and I've put together some 600 systems in the list and your tourist planner is working really well. I'd like to ask if you would mind considering a few things.

Would it be possible to have the 'Add Destination' appear after the last system in the list, the reason for this, in large lists you have to scroll all the way up the top and add new, then go all the way back to the bottom to actually and them. Further to this, could the pressing of 'Add Destination' actually change colour gradient a little more than it does right now, as right now it is very slight.

Would it be possible to import a list of stars, on the understanding that if they are not present in your list, it errors out giving the system name that is unknown. As I've produced a large list I was looking to break it up into segments so would do each segment at a time. I'd move a route in it's own right to a new list. As each list is quite long, I didn't want to have to re-create the map by entering 100's of systems all over again.

Let me know if this is possible. Thanks, o7.

Hey, thank you for making these tools! I've been enjoying the Road 2 Riches calculator tool, but I noticed an issue with the calculations for the system value, it seems to substantially underestimate the value of the main star in the system:

Possibly it's missing an update for the honk_bonus_value mentioned in https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/exploration-value-formulae.232000/ ?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here though, but the body listing confirms that the Estimated Mapping Value of the star is only 4k credits: https://www.spansh.co.uk/body/2518771829107

Hey, thank you for making these tools! I've been enjoying the Road 2 Riches calculator tool, but I noticed an issue with the calculations for the system value, it seems to substantially underestimate the value of the main star in the system:

Possibly it's missing an update for the honk_bonus_value mentioned in https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/exploration-value-formulae.232000/ ?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here though, but the body listing confirms that the Estimated Mapping Value of the star is only 4k credits: https://www.spansh.co.uk/body/2518771829107

Sounds about right, most stars are under 10,000 in value, they only get higher for stuff like neutron and white dwarfs, base value of F stars should be around a couple of thousand.

The Road 2 Riches tool is not concerned with the star nor system value; only with the bodies listed. It's not asking you to scan the star and it's not displaying values including stars. So there's no problem here.

Also, you can't map stars.

Yes, essentially I didn't have a good way of mapping the honk value to the main star (because it's not technically the value of the star but the value of the honk), as such it's left out and just acts as a bonus for those exploring.

Attachments

• Helper.jpg
    Helper.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 86
Hi @Spansh , I have been using the advanced Neutron Star plotter to find my way back from the centre of the galaxy.
One thing I have noticed is that it seems (despite having the json for my ship) to consistently estimate my largest jump range as being slightly too far. I get some jumps at 136 - 139 Ly but can only jump 132(135)ly with a neutron boost.

It's not a major irritation as it usually just adds an extra jump, but it would be interesting to know why it thinks I can go slightly further than I actually can. I'm carrying no cargo.

Hi @Spansh , I have been using the advanced Neutron Star plotter to find my way back from the centre of the galaxy.
One thing I have noticed is that it seems (despite having the json for my ship) to consistently estimate my largest jump range as being slightly too far. I get some jumps at 136 - 139 Ly but can only jump 132(135)ly with a neutron boost.

It's not a major irritation as it usually just adds an extra jump, but it would be interesting to know why it thinks I can go slightly further than I actually can. I'm carrying no cargo.
The only reason this should happen is if your ship build didn't match what you specified (difficult to know without a link to the route). The router takes into account how full your fuel tanks are, you can jump further with an empty fuel tank than you can with a full one (and in fact the router relies on this). This is one of the reasons you should not refuel/scoop unless the system tells you to. If you have refueled by accident you should plot to the next refuelling stop on the route using the in game plotter and then continue the route from there.

There could obviously be a bug in my code, but every other time people have suggested this so far it's been fuel calculation related.

I worked it out. I was scooping along the way and so had too much fuel to allow the very longest jumps. You are entirely right and I am a fool :)

For NOOBS it might be worth putting something in the header around "don't scoop unless it tells you to in the chart!".

The last few days I've had issues with the Galaxy Plotter. It calculates the route for hours, reaching more than a thousand percent, but newer completes the route.
An example, Colonia > WISE 0855-0714:
https://www.spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter/results/BA148B8A-47A4-11EC-95B8-38B594EB4526

Short routes seem to work okay, but shouldn't it be able to handle ¨150 jumps okay?

Running Windows 11 and Edge 95 without any extensions. (Same result on a different machine running Win10 and Firefox 94 with a handful of privacy stuff enabled)

Ship build from EDSY:
[{"header":{"appName":"EDSY","appVersion":38041,"appURL":"https://edsy.org/#/L=F600000H4C0S20...AsPcIf7iKhhX0nF002jwG08G_W1OoPc0nG20,,LU_D25A"},"data":{"event":"Loadout","Ship":"anaconda","ShipName":"","ShipIdent":"LU-25A","HullValue":142447820,"ModulesValue":24563970,"UnladenMass":593.579999,"CargoCapacity":32,"MaxJumpRange":56.549603,"FuelCapacity":{"Main":64,"Reserve":1.07},"Rebuy":8350589,"Modules":[{"Slot":"CargoHatch","Item":"modularcargobaydoor","On":true,"Priority":2},{"Slot":"SmallHardpoint1","Item":"hpt_pulselaser_fixed_small","On":true,"Priority":2,"Value":2200},{"Slot":"SmallHardpoint2","Item":"hpt_pulselaser_fixed_small","On":true,"Priority":2,"Value":2200},{"Slot":"TinyHardpoint8","Item":"hpt_cloudscanner_size0_class1","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":13540},{"Slot":"Armour","Item":"anaconda_armour_grade1","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":0},{"Slot":"PowerPlant","Item":"int_powerplant_size6_class2","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":480410,"Engineering":{"BlueprintName":"PowerPlant_Stealth","Level":1,"Quality":1,"Modifiers":[{"Label":"Mass","Value":16.639999,"OriginalValue":16},{"Label":"PowerCapacity","Value":18.333,"OriginalValue":18.9},{"Label":"HeatEfficiency","Value":0.5625,"OriginalValue":0.75}]}},{"Slot":"MainEngines","Item":"int_engine_size7_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":1899600,"Engineering":{"BlueprintName":"Engine_Tuned","Level":1,"Quality":1,"Modifiers":[{"Label":"EngineOptimalMass","Value":1587.599976,"OriginalValue":1620},{"Label":"EngineOptPerformance","Value":108.000015,"OriginalValue":100},{"Label":"EngineHeatRate","Value":1.04,"OriginalValue":1.3}]}},{"Slot":"FrameShiftDrive","Item":"int_hyperdrive_size6_class5","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":16179530,"Engineering":{"BlueprintName":"FSD_LongRange","Level":5,"Quality":1,"ExperimentalEffect":"special_fsd_toughened","Modifiers":[{"Label":"Mass","Value":52,"OriginalValue":40},{"Label":"Integrity","Value":149.8125,"OriginalValue":141},{"Label":"PowerDraw","Value":0.8625,"OriginalValue":0.75},{"Label":"FSDOptimalMass","Value":2790,"OriginalValue":1800}]}},{"Slot":"LifeSupport","Item":"int_lifesupport_size5_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":79440},{"Slot":"PowerDistributor","Item":"int_powerdistributor_size7_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":622840},{"Slot":"Radar","Item":"int_sensors_size8_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":1743960,"Engineering":{"BlueprintName":"Sensor_LightWeight","Level":3,"Quality":1,"Modifiers":[{"Label":"Mass","Value":32,"OriginalValue":64},{"Label":"Integrity","Value":84,"OriginalValue":120},{"Label":"SensorTargetScanAngle","Value":25.5,"OriginalValue":30}]}},{"Slot":"FuelTank","Item":"int_fueltank_size5_class3","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":97750},{"Slot":"Slot01_Size7","Item":"int_fuelscoop_size7_class2","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":1424700},{"Slot":"Slot03_Size6","Item":"int_repairer_size6_class2","On":false,"Priority":2,"Value":566870},{"Slot":"Slot04_Size6","Item":"int_repairer_size6_class2","On":false,"Priority":3,"Value":566870},{"Slot":"Slot05_Size5","Item":"int_cargorack_size5_class1","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":111570},{"Slot":"Slot06_Size5","Item":"int_fueltank_size5_class3","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":97750},{"Slot":"Slot07_Size5","Item":"int_buggybay_size2_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":21600},{"Slot":"Slot08_Size4","Item":"int_refinery_size4_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":166700},{"Slot":"Slot09_Size4","Item":"int_shieldgenerator_size3_class2","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":18810,"Engineering":{"BlueprintName":"ShieldGenerator_Optimised","Level":1,"Quality":1,"Modifiers":[{"Label":"Mass","Value":1.64,"OriginalValue":2},{"Label":"Integrity","Value":36.099998,"OriginalValue":38},{"Label":"PowerDraw","Value":1.152,"OriginalValue":1.44},{"Label":"ShieldGenOptimalMass","Value":161.699997,"OriginalValue":165},{"Label":"ShieldGenStrength","Value":92.699989,"OriginalValue":90}]}},{"Slot":"Slot10_Size4","Item":"int_dockingcomputer_advanced","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":13510},{"Slot":"Slot13_Size2","Item":"int_detailedsurfacescanner_tiny","On":true,"Priority":0,"Value":250000,"Engineering":{"BlueprintName":"Sensor_Expanded","Level":1,"Quality":1,"Modifiers":[{"Label":"DSS_PatchRadius","Value":22,"OriginalValue":20}]}},{"Slot":"Slot14_Size1","Item":"int_supercruiseassist","On":true,"Priority":2,"Value":9120},{"Slot":"Military01","Item":"int_modulereinforcement_size4_class2","On":true,"Priority":1,"Value":195000}]}}]

Last edited:
The last few days I've had issues with the Galaxy Plotter. It calculates the route for hours, reaching more than a thousand percent, but newer completes the route.
An example, Colonia > WISE 0855-0714:
https://www.spansh.co.uk/exact-plotter/results/BA148B8A-47A4-11EC-95B8-38B594EB4526

Short routes seem to work okay, but shouldn't it be able to handle ¨150 jumps okay?

Running Windows 11 and Edge 95 without any extensions. (Same result on a different machine running Win10 and Firefox 94 with a handful of privacy stuff enabled)

Ship build from EDSY:
I've looked into this, it's because a system has 2 main stars one of which is scoopable and the other of which is neutron due to a data submission error from EDSM (specifically the Eol Prou DF-U b18-26 system). Ultimately that system had bodies from 4 separate systems included within it.

My code has a specific check for neutrons which are scoopable as it knows that is an error condition. Unfortunately the code wasn't handling that error very gracefully which resulted in the symptoms you saw.

I've fixed up the data for that system and so it'll allow you to plot routes which include it as from tomorrow morning sometime. I've also made the code a litte nicer so you'll at least get an error message from the system rather than it simply loading forever.

I've looked into this, it's because a system has 2 main stars one of which is scoopable and the other of which is neutron due to a data submission error from EDSM (specifically the Eol Prou DF-U b18-26 system). Ultimately that system had bodies from 4 separate systems included within it.

My code has a specific check for neutrons which are scoopable as it knows that is an error condition. Unfortunately the code wasn't handling that error very gracefully which resulted in the symptoms you saw.

I've fixed up the data for that system and so it'll allow you to plot routes which include it as from tomorrow morning sometime. I've also made the code a litte nicer so you'll at least get an error message from the system rather than it simply loading forever.
Perfect 👌 - solved the perpetual calculation issue.
Would it be possible to reveal a bit more debug information when a calculation fails?
As it is now, I would still be quite puzzled if you hadn't provided the info about Eol Prou DF-U b18-28:
1637219284365.png

If the result included a simple information on the offending system, we would be able to choose a starting og stopping point somewhere in the vicinity and find an alternate route for that section.

Perfect 👌 - solved the perpetual calculation issue.
Would it be possible to reveal a bit more debug information when a calculation fails?
As it is now, I would still be quite puzzled if you hadn't provided the info about Eol Prou DF-U b18-28:
View attachment 275797
If the result included a simple information on the offending system, we would be able to choose a starting og stopping point somewhere in the vicinity and find an alternate route for that section.
It's something which will take more work to sort out, this was simply to solve the short term bigger problem

HI, for a POI expedition I have the list of systems. Now I need to find a route with minimizing jumps and distance. The Tourist Planner seems to be the right tool. But I can't drag and drop a list of systems into your planner. Using one by one 150 times is a bit heavy. :)
Any idea or suggestion?

Got any programming experience?

You can use Spansh's API -- inspect the network calls your browser makes, then replicate with curl/whatever

You can use EDTS on the command line

HI, for a POI expedition I have the list of systems. Now I need to find a route with minimizing jumps and distance. The Tourist Planner seems to be the right tool. But I can't drag and drop a list of systems into your planner. Using one by one 150 times is a bit heavy. :)
Any idea or suggestion?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 13.04.46.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 13.04.46.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 59
Hi, i am currently planning a second trip outside the bubble, last time was a bubble/colonia/sagitarius/random/bubble trip and i used you'r tool for it, i also use the edmc plugin to automatically put in the copy paste the next system but since arriving at colonia i can't import file anymore "an error occured while reading the file"

Also, is it possible to "save" progression ? every time i start my pc i have to click multiple time on edmc to get to the right system, redo the route planner and check already made system again

Out of those 2 things great tool, even great to see that it is implemented in eddiscovery :)

Hi, i am currently planning a second trip outside the bubble, last time was a bubble/colonia/sagitarius/random/bubble trip and i used you'r tool for it, i also use the edmc plugin to automatically put in the copy paste the next system but since arriving at colonia i can't import file anymore "an error occured while reading the file"

Also, is it possible to "save" progression ? every time i start my pc i have to click multiple time on edmc to get to the right system, redo the route planner and check already made system again

Out of those 2 things great tool, even great to see that it is implemented in eddiscovery :)
I didn't write any plugins (EDMC or otherwise), so you'll have to contact the author of that to see why it's not working. Not currently possible to save progression on a route I'm afraid, it was somewhat a deliberate choice as we're getting new data about the galaxy all the time and as such the system may be able to generate a better route from where you are by the time you get there.

Edit: You could always bookmark the route and then simply change the source to your current location each time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom