Neutron Superhighway Route Plotting Failed

Hi All

I was on my way back from DW2 intending to go back to the bubble via the Saggitarius Carina Arm, However, with such a long trip and I was beginning to develop a serious case of space madness so decided to get back a bit quicker via Saggitarius A using the Neutron Superhighway.

Using spansh.co.uk I plotted my route to from the Abyss to Explorer’s Anchorage. Everything has been fine and I am 3 waypoints into my journey. I am currently at Pyrooe Eork IU-M d8-0 – a neutron star where I have repaired all modules and supercharged my FSD and am trying to plot the next leg of the journey to Chaa Eork QV-K d9-0. The distance on the galaxy map of 1,262.78 Ly is correct and correlates with spansh.co.uk. But the route planner gets to 85-90% and comes up with route planning failed! I have tried 4-5 times to no avail.

So,

1. has anyone else had this problem when plotting routes using spansh.co.uk?
and
2. If so any ideas of what's going wrong or what I should do?

ps I have used this method before and have ‘use jet cone boost’ ticked as well as all star types

Hey dude, can't say I've had that issue before but the route planner can be variable. Ive logged on, plotted a route over 16,000Ly and setoff just tickety boo. log off, go to bed, wake up log on, plot the same destination - ROUTE FAILURE. What? Ive found the planner over long distances to be quite unreliable form session to session. That said this is a short distance so hmmm....just try and get al the individual jobs from another source and do it manually.....which blows of course.

I just use the in game filter for neutron boosting. It never failed me. Now if you're using the website way you have to jump to the next star then plot route unless you put on jet cone boosts then the game will factor in the neutron star you're currently at. Honestly the website isn't needed anymore since the game does it for you now.

Hey dude, can't say I've had that issue before but the route planner can be variable. Ive logged on, plotted a route over 16,000Ly and setoff just tickety boo. log off, go to bed, wake up log on, plot the same destination - ROUTE FAILURE. What? Ive found the planner over long distances to be quite unreliable form session to session. That said this is a short distance so hmmm....just try and get al the individual jobs from another source and do it manually.....which blows of course.

Thanks - yeah it can be a bit temperamental. In the end I plotted to a different star (near to the original) which added a few more jumps but worked fine.

Also I was in the ‘Abyss’ at the time with far fewer stars which didn’t help. I have been using spansh since and it’s been working fine so I have been making some good progress.

I just use the in game filter for neutron boosting. It never failed me. Now if you're using the website way you have to jump to the next star then plot route unless you put on jet cone boosts then the game will factor in the neutron star you're currently at. Honestly the website isn't needed anymore since the game does it for you now.

Cool, thanks for that, I might give it a try.

Looks like I was too far away for the galaxy map and there was also quite a large permit locked area in the way. Using the galaxy map now (not Spansh) and all seems clear to Explorers Anchorage - only 8001 Ly to go!

Does anyone know if its possible on the PS4 to use the Galaxy Map to plot a complete route using only neutron stars? (having to manually input star name each time on PS4 is a pain) I tried it last night and in Open the game repeatedly crashed as I attempted to plot a route and then in PG it came up as failed route. I have tried to find a solution on YouTube/internet search etc but so far no joy.

Does anyone know if its possible on the PS4 to use the Galaxy Map to plot a complete route using only neutron stars? (having to manually input star name each time on PS4 is a pain) I tried it last night and in Open the game repeatedly crashed as I attempted to plot a route and then in PG it came up as failed route. I have tried to find a solution on YouTube/internet search etc but so far no joy.
The short answer is probably no.

There's the use jet cone boost option when plotting. This will use neutrons and white dwarfs (if you forget to filter them out!) and take supercharged range into account when plotting.

However it will only use neutrons roughly in a line to your destination. And won't go out of its way to find them. I think spansh allows a greater window for finding neutrons. It (the in game plotter) will also take into account the need to refuel, so if the plotter has you down to refuel, at a certain point, you may find it misses neutrons as they don't quite line up with the route. Also it won't move you into a neutron layer so if you are not on the same plane you miss them all.

You could use the map filter to only show neutrons and nothing else. Not tried plotting but I assume it would fail as there would be nowhere to refuel. But you could look at the map in this state to locate patches of neutrons. Using fewer star types in your filter may force plotting towards neutrons but that's just a guess.

Failed plots tend to be because of permit locked regions or there is a point where a required jump is more than your ships range.

For inputting names try the second screen app it allows you to copy paste from a website. Even a proper keyboard is better than the on screen.

Spansh is miles and away better than in game route plotting for neutron stars. The in game route planner like someone else said plots in a straight line with as little deviation as possible. With Spansh you can deviate by as much as 75% and it will dramatically reduce your overall number of jumps.

Heading back to the bubble I always use Spansh... Cutting 65+ out of the return makes me a happy camper.

Top Bottom