Never mind the ARX or training, what bug fixes can we see

As someone who is rather taken with new Exploration mechanics (and I'd love to see them polished, improved and integrated into the other game mechanics - the community has had a number of suggestions as I'm sure the dev team does as well ).

Repeatable - There were trivial issues, such as FSS zoom in / out and movement can flip out due to the bodies being very far away, then the zoom-Easing-animation (step-size - based on distance) borked out and never resolved the zoom, and then couldn't zoom back out to the original values.

Rare - Sometimes the Camera panning can pick up an accelerating offset that makes the camera movements move in ever-increasing step sizes.

Turning off the FSS and going to other menus, (like the galaxy map which would reset the games' cockpit renderer), would fix those "trivial" things.

Then we had big game-breaking ones with the probes
Where the instantiating of the Asset-"Wireframe Scan Model", it seams to be duplicated for the majority of small rocky and icy planetoids of a similar size, based on just one centralised value and not the unique value from the BGS.

Probing one planet would show off the HIT animation on the near-by moon as well as the planet you are scanning.
After the scan reaches 100%, all the subsequent duplicated Assets for the OTHER planetoids show :
Visually the "wireframe" shows a solid blue sphere
AND the contacts panel displays the exhibits the same "state" that body IS Mapped (when it wasn't).

So the "states" either point to that first body (so it's reading the wrong BGS value), or it's tied into the animation state of that first body using local values to bypass server traffic.
or a lazy local test value that QA missed.

HOWEVER, the probe launcher screen percent counter shows 0% even though it's visually a solid blue sphere.
And the System map, tells the truth.

It becomes doubly annoying as every planetoid looks scanned, from the cockpit, (both in fly-by and in contacts), but the system map says differently (which takes time to check).
Firing probes becomes a very hit and miss affair as you have to remember "where" you fired the probes, as it's always a solid blue sphere.
It's like play pin the tail on the donkey, in 3D, and with planets.

but It's been broken since it's release in APRIL.
The hotfix came out weeks later, which broke something else, so there was a roll-back to the broken "launch" - state.

And I would just like to know if this is remedied on the 18 September update.

Pfft. Call those bugs? The station announcement mis-ordering is much more immersion breaking for me. I hope they fix that one.

Wrong faction involvement in installation battles is another 'elephant' in the room for me. If you want to help faction X flip faction Y from top, you go to any installation owned by faction X and the missiongiver is somehow faction Y, a faction I ACTIVELY AVOID GIVING INFLUENCE TO. YW FDEV.

Pfft. Call those bugs? The station announcement mis-ordering is much more immersion breaking for me. I hope they fix that one.
How about the bug that crashes your game and instantly kills you if your hit by a mining fragment with the galmap open?

Ooh we can make this the official 'what-bugs-am-I-gonna-demand-to-be-in-the-patch-at-the-last-minute-now-it's-too-late' thread. Or do we need a Patch Notes Thread Thread 🤔

I'm mostly looking forward to them fixing the positioning of the word 'Next' in the Nav panel - when oh when will this gamebreaker be fixed :(

As someone who is rather taken with new Exploration mechanics (and I'd love to see them polished, improved and integrated into the other game mechanics - the community has had a number of suggestions as I'm sure the dev team does as well ).

Repeatable - There were trivial issues, such as FSS zoom in / out and movement can flip out due to the bodies being very far away, then the zoom-Easing-animation (step-size - based on distance) borked out and never resolved the zoom, and then couldn't zoom back out to the original values.

Rare - Sometimes the Camera panning can pick up an accelerating offset that makes the camera movements move in ever-increasing step sizes.

Turning off the FSS and going to other menus, (like the galaxy map which would reset the games' cockpit renderer), would fix those "trivial" things.

Then we had big game-breaking ones with the probes
Where the instantiating of the Asset-"Wireframe Scan Model", it seams to be duplicated for the majority of small rocky and icy planetoids of a similar size, based on just one centralised value and not the unique value from the BGS.

Probing one planet would show off the HIT animation on the near-by moon as well as the planet you are scanning.
After the scan reaches 100%, all the subsequent duplicated Assets for the OTHER planetoids show :
Visually the "wireframe" shows a solid blue sphere
AND the contacts panel displays the exhibits the same "state" that body IS Mapped (when it wasn't).

So the "states" either point to that first body (so it's reading the wrong BGS value), or it's tied into the animation state of that first body using local values to bypass server traffic.
or a lazy local test value that QA missed.

HOWEVER, the probe launcher screen percent counter shows 0% even though it's visually a solid blue sphere.
And the System map, tells the truth.

It becomes doubly annoying as every planetoid looks scanned, from the cockpit, (both in fly-by and in contacts), but the system map says differently (which takes time to check).
Firing probes becomes a very hit and miss affair as you have to remember "where" you fired the probes, as it's always a solid blue sphere.
It's like play pin the tail on the donkey, in 3D, and with planets.

but It's been broken since it's release in APRIL.
The hotfix came out weeks later, which broke something else, so there was a roll-back to the broken "launch" - state.

And I would just like to know if this is remedied on the 18 September update.
Pffftt no mention of the dolphin heat bug must be fake news

Ooh we can make this the official 'what-bugs-am-I-gonna-demand-to-be-in-the-patch-at-the-last-minute-now-it's-too-late' thread. Or do we need a Patch Notes Thread Thread 🤔

I'm mostly looking forward to them fixing the positioning of the word 'Next' in the Nav panel - when oh when will this gamebreaker be fixed :(
Last minute? Most of these bugs have been present for months, if not years...

It's a Bug-off....

Like dance-off or bake off,
But everyone is vying for their favourite (and by that I mean most hated) Bug.

I could talk about the landing gear model in the small ships, penetrating the cockpit models,

it's annoying, but it doesn't disrupt my game....like the Surface scanner does.

Top Bottom