13. Marine Iguana
14. Olive Baboon
15. Nile Crocodile
16. African Forest Elephant
17. Wild Boar
18. European Badger
19. Bighorn Sheep
20. American Black Bear
I seriously don't understand why people put the manatees on their list, but not any other fully aquatic creature. It kinda sticks out on the meta-list with a ton of upvotes.

1633880950705.png

I seriously don't understand why people put the manatees on their list, but not any other fully aquatic creature. It kinda sticks out on the meta-list with a ton of upvotes.
I don't think I would have included it if it wasn't already on the meta-list. Same thing for the Green Sea Turtle. There is a very low chance that we will ever get fully aquatic animals in Planet Zoo, but if I can maybe slightly increase chance of it happening by posting in a thread like this than I will do it. I think the diving mechanic is really fun and I would like to see more animals make use of it.

Plus Platypus are now going to be spread to a lot ofAZA zoos outside Australia, because they fjgured out how to keeo them.
Far as I knew, San Diego is the only zoo outside Australia to actually get captive platypus to breed.

Still though, I read an article from NatGeo that the platypus might be far more vulnerable or endangered than previously believed. I think its conservation status is likely to be changed, which would definitely reprioritize captive breeding.

Are we able to take the wishlist again? @random goat
I think the plan was to wait at least until the next pack because of the possible birds inclusion which would allow new rules to the wishlist.

This would be an option, but it would lead to a never-ending situation of people re-adding more animals, making a potential new meta-wishlist iteration kind of pointless.
And if this happens, there would be some issues that I wouldn't know how to act upon [to keep a decent level of uniformity.

If I allow replacements:
1) I would need to re-check each one of the original lists of the users that make new replacement submissions to see if they're indeed posting the amount of animlas they should. I wouldn't be surprised if some people submitted more than they would be allowed to.
I know this might sound as an excuse as it would just need my time to get it sorted, but I don't have all the time in the world these days...
2) Some people who should be supposed to make replacements might not ever post them. They might not even log in the forum ever again lol. This would add a bias towards the people who happen to check this topic if/when I indeed allow replacements (this could be good in a way, but still biased).
3) People who were lucky enough to see X animals added from ther original lists would inherently have X additional votes. Wouldn't this be unfair for the people who didn't get any of their requested animals? Genuinely asking here.

Either way, I'll start a new meta-wishlist thread just after the next DLC is released so new lists can be made. Chances are the '20' figure will remain the same or it might be even increased to 25.

Last edited:

I think it’s from the uncertainty of what is allowed within the meta-list if one doesn’t read through the posts within this thread first. I for one found it kind of confusing trying to figure out which species would be allowed within the list (even after looking into what seemed to fit the rules some of the species I voted for weren’t counted). Technically fully aquatics would require some changes to the current game’s mechanics, making it hard for one to know if they qualify for this list of habitat species and the rules sat up for it. For example, I have a strong feeling if flying bird species were allowed within the meta-list, we’d see more avian species within the top thirty or twenty species of the list. I think likely this same thing applies to fully aquatic species as well. There are probably more people that would vote for a fish or other marine species, but currently don’t because we don’t have anything like them in PZ atm. As for the manatee and sea turtle, I feel that people for some reason see them as “safer bets” or “stepping stones” towards more marine species.

For me, at least, it's because cetaceans seem very unlikely. I'm fine with more semiaquatic animals (cabybara, platypus, walrus, or new wading birds), but a manatee seems basically like a sea lion that just never gets out of the water. I'm sure logistically more has to go into that than just taking away land animations, but it seemed more doable than say adding fish.

If we do get another Aquatic or Marine Pack, my list would include sharks, rays, and green turtles. I admit a walrus is more likely than a manatee, because the walrus is essentially just a big sea lion, but we do at least have two pinnipeds and zero sireniformes.

Top Bottom