New 3D System View found in the Beta 3

[yesnod] New 3D System View found in the Beta 3 [yesnod]

Forgive me if it's old news but I was super surprised to notice this so I screen grabbed it,just in case it wasn't

I looped and slowed it down from the small footage I took to let the music (public domain ) get some airing.

**edited** The 3D system map doesn't show the stations in that system, you'll notice, if you compare when the video zooms in

[video=youtube_share;qH5SPsiMfv0]https://youtu.be/qH5SPsiMfv0[/video]

Last edited:
I don't think it's moving towards a full 3D orrery map but it's really nice to appreciate the system map is actually based on purposely restricted 3D models.

I run on a standard monitor so this was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
I think it’s always been 3D models. I first saw it when I got my Rift and went into a system and was suddenly sitting among the bodies. It’s pretty cool.

It does seem like it’s ready to develope more. We’ll see what happens.

One thing that’s cool on monitors is that you can even see the rotation speed differences if you look closely.

[yesnod] New 3D System View found in the Beta 3 [yesnod]

Forgive me if it's old news but I was super surprised to notice this so I screen grabbed it,just in case it wasn't

I looped and slowed it down from the small footage I took to let the music (public domain ) get some airing.

**edited** The 3D system map doesn't show the stations in that system, you'll notice, if you compare when the video zooms in

https://youtu.be/qH5SPsiMfv0

This one wonders why FD is wasting its resources on fluff instead of adding real content!

This one wonders why FD is wasting its resources on fluff instead of adding real content!

Because what you are disregarding as fluff is required to support real content that is added later. And the system map is quite important. ;)

This is not standard for VR, that would be terrible. It's a bug in both versions.

I think the point was that in VR you can stand up and walk around, hence it is very easy to create that view.

Top Bottom