New Alien ship scene located in Maia

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 110222

D
I posted about this very fellow's clip in DD yesterday. It's not news. Just nobody ever talked about it. :/

Unfortunately, doesn't look like it's actually adding any excitement to the game either. My hiatus continues.

I had an alien encounter the same as hyperdiction but it was slightly unusual it that the alien ship came over, and then dipped under me as it scanned. I can't get my clips onto the forum but I posted to Xbox Club and my activity feed. CMDR Deadstar Omega.

Last edited:
Posted it here

No one cared.
Already bored with the Aliens it seems.

Nah, people care, we're just busy trying to dig our way out from under the mountains of salt created by yesterday's "community" event.

Spent a couple of hours scouring Maia yesterday looking for the alien distress call signal sources. Didn't find anything sadly... Maybe they're only Xbox aliens :p

Its random, i investigated lots of degraded emissions there over the last couple of days and got everything from empty space with life pods floating in it, to an ambush by a couple of novice sidewinders right up to an AI data pod that saw me get jumped by 3 Anacondas and several backup ships although i didn't hang around long enough to see exactly what they were, i only just escaped alive even in my pimped out Clipper.

I fear this is more accurate then many might realize..

We need stuff to happen.. Soon.

if we dont soon ... im out - total , at the moment .... its just drip drip, we need a war - this is what its been pointing too right ? talk about dlc , and dlc , and dlc .... im thinking bell did the right thing !

Well I for one think this is an awesome find! It's the first I'd heard of a 2nd kind of alien encounter - thanks for posting!

I suspect most people just haven't spotted this post yet.

There's probably not much fuss because this scene was found by players & circulated right at the start of the 2.3 beta, so old news to many of us.

I haven't seen anything unusual in Maia. I've been in the area for the most part of the day cruising around, had some run-ins with the typical gankers, dropped into some signal sources. Nothing really crazy though. Oh, and there were other players poking around the area too.

I haven't seen anything unusual in Maia. I've been in the area for the most part of the day cruising around, had some run-ins with the typical gankers, dropped into some signal sources. Nothing really crazy though. Oh, and there were other players poking around the area too.

same menu here.

i went all around the pleiades to find something unusual.

honestly i don't know anymore what to think.

honestly i don't know anymore what to think.

I think it will be 2.4 before we get any alien PVE.

The first reveal was really well staged, looked great and caused quite a buzz. But I said at the time that it needed to be followed up on quickly. This latest cutscene was spoiled in the beta and has far less dramatic impact that its predecessor. And you still don't get to attack the flower-thingy.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone paid much attention to my earlier post, and would really love to know if I am wrong, but I have not seen any footage of the hyperdiction that is the same as my most recent. I had the one that has been posted often, and the last one was not the same. Anyone? Please...

Not sure if anyone paid much attention to my earlier post, and would really love to know if I am wrong, but I have not seen any footage of the hyperdiction that is the same as my most recent. I had the one that has been posted often, and the last one was not the same. Anyone? Please...

I've seen one with several destroyed ships...Anacondas, Corvettes and the like with the same ending as the one you posted. But lets clear this alien nonsense up...there's absolutely no alien Ai in the game, highly probable that there won't be in patch 2.4...despite the desperation for folks to just plain wish them into the game.

FDev should take serious note, several thousand people took part in a wild goose chase on the 29th, all desperate, not for the blatant book promotion which 90% of them will never buy nor read, but in the vain hope that Salami's cryptic message would somehow be a sign that the much needed injection of some engaging content was imminent.

We now know it was nothing of the sort since we're back to FDev's glacial and pathetic attempts to string us along scanning beacons and solving silly puzzles for another year over a non existent alien content. I gave up on excitedly scanning beacons and reading cannon threads a year ago, even the more forgiving and enthusiastic members of the community are now at the same point.

Last edited:
Not the alien aftermath, I mean the hyperdiction where the ship scans as it passes under the ship? It is still a fixed scene, but I havn't seen this version befor.

I am sure it's nothing new, just trying to find out.

Last edited:
Not the alien aftermath, I mean the hyperdiction where the ship scans as it passes under the ship? It is still a fixed scene, but I havn't seen this version befor.

I am sure it's nothing new, just trying to find out.

In direct answer to your question, I reckon the position of your ship or where the giant chrysanthemum appears isn't anything important...although it's a fixed cutscene, there's still an aspect of RNG going on in relation to each players perspective of it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom