New app on steam - next DLC is here soon!

The graphics look top notch. I’ll wait to see exactly how the game is laid out to see if there’s improvements from JWE 1. Honestly I’d still much rather see continued development of PZ any day. But there’s always going to be people who buy it. With no actual gameplay reveal I still say PK will be a much better game I enjoy the PZ and PC vibe for creativity personally vs missions and strategy. Given the fact that this game will be cross platform I would suspect that will hinder the game a little bit even if the next gen console is more powerful. I thought I read they were limited in PC gameplay as well but maybe pc players will be less hindered.

The graphics look top notch. I’ll wait to see exactly how the game is laid out to see if there’s improvements from JWE 1. Honestly I’d still much rather see continued development of PZ any day. But there’s always going to be people who buy it. With no actual gameplay reveal I still say PK will be a much better game I enjoy the PZ and PC vibe for creativity personally vs missions and strategy. Given the fact that this game will be cross platform I would suspect that will hinder the game a little bit even if the next gen console is more powerful. I thought I read they were limited in PC gameplay as well but maybe pc players will be less hindered.
I'm not sure what you can glean from the trailer regarding graphics - it's a computer rendered trailer, not a gameplay trailer. It doesn't actually show what the game will look like.

I'm not sure what you can glean from the trailer regarding graphics - it's a computer rendered trailer, not a gameplay trailer. It doesn't actually show what the game will look like.
There are arleady screenschots from game. Also btw birds for sure will have looped animations if they ever come to PZ since pterosaurs are still in aviaries.

There are arleady screenschots from game. Also btw birds for sure will have looped animations if they ever come to PZ since pterosaurs are still in aviaries.
Of course they are in Aviarys. They are way too dangerous and you also can't clip their Wings, so it absolutely makes Sense to keep them in there. This doesn't necessarily mean that they are on a Loop

I wonder if this game has a updated or new version of the cobra engine as I’m sure the engine has its flaws although much better on PZ vs PC. A lot of questions will dinosaurs be able to swim? A sandbox mode with everything to start? And hopefully a much improved game vs the same game with updated graphics. I’m not trying to bash the game it’s just the first game the hype was unbelievable the trailer looked amazing but for me after owning the game since release and comparing it to PZ gameplay and PK being announced it fell short of expectations. Now I know this is a different game with different agendas but….still fell short imo. After seeing the screenshots from the post above it still looks like the game is the same. If I’m wrong and the game is amazing I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong with the game and give it the praise it deserves but for now I’m still skeptical. I’ll admit a lot of this is because I’m somewhat bias to PZ and it’s development as I’d be very disappointed if production ends soon. I feel like the game has much to be done but then again like the thread posted the other day maybe the capacity of things you can cram into the game is nearing towards finished. Or maybe it’s the money this game is projected to bring in. For me with PK on the way I really didn’t feel we needed another Dino game but that’s just me. Planet aquarium would have peaked my interest a little more as will planet coaster 2 eventually.

Last edited:
I hope this isn't too Off topic but any Information what miHoYo and Bandai Namco showed?
Mihoyo hasn't showed anything yet, Bandai Namco conference is on 15th with the Nintendo.
(A fellow Anime fan i see ;))

Edit: Mihoyo just announced a new character for Genshin (Kaedehara)

Last edited:
I wonder if this game has a updated or new version of the cobra engine as I’m sure the engine has its flaws although much better on PZ vs PC. A lot of questions will dinosaurs be able to swim? A sandbox mode with everything to start? And hopefully a much improved game vs the same game with updated graphics. I’m not trying to bash the game it’s just the first game the hype was unbelievable the trailer looked amazing but for me after owning the game since release and comparing it to PZ gameplay and PK being announced it fell short of expectations. Now I know this is a different game with different agendas but….still fell short imo.
It seems like we'll at least get the Mosasaurus so I really hope Dinosaurs like Spinosaurus and Baryonyx will be able to swim too

I do notice buildings still seem to be prebuilt which is a major disappointment honestly. The option to build would be great. I may pick this game up someday on sale in a publisher release someday but at least to me the game appears to similar. Cross platform games generate a ton more money obviously but the hindered game options that come with it brings down the game imo. I really don’t mean to bash frontier. Frontier is super talented and I’m sure this game will appeal to many. I have bought every dlc for PC and PZ and support those games simply because they are more up my alley in terms of building and creativity. So if the new jwe is not somewhat customizable it’s too much of a zoo tycoon 2013 for me. Awesome graphics but gameplay falls short.

Last edited:
I do notice buildings still seem to be prebuilt which is a major disappointment honestly. The option to build would be great. I may pick this game up someday on sale in a publisher release someday but at least to me the game appears to similar. Cross platform games generate a ton more money obviously but the hindered game options that come with it brings down the game imo. I really don’t mean to bash frontier. Frontier is super talented and I’m sure this game will appeal to many. I have bought every dlc for PC and PZ and support those games simply because they are more up my alley in terms of building and creativity. So if the new jwe is not somewhat customizable it’s too much of a zoo tycoon 2013 for me. Awesome graphics but gameplay falls short.
Yes, we get it - you don't like they announced JWE2.

Dinosaurs in the screenshots in engine / ingame look worst than the ones on JWE1 for me :/
I was very disappointed by JWE1 because of the lack of gestion/customisation, but the dinosaurs were great. But yeah, the game was so boring. Here, it seems to be the opposite : render in the dinos doesn’t look so good, and, ok, we see 2 or 3 different biomes, but does it deserve to buy back all the dinosaurs we already know since the first JWE? Skeptical. But curious to see more.

I won’t deny that for the most part. But do you seem interested in the same game (I’m sure gameplay is improved) but it does appear to be the same for the most part. Your a PZ player with the ability to customize and be as creative as the game allows do you see your self hyped about this? @NL_Mutso I respect anyone who wishes to buy this for sure but if it’s the same game with updated graphics and more dinosaurs it’s not for me that’s all. As I mentioned a planet aquarium would be new and generate a lot of buzz imo. I know jwe has a massive following but I’ll wait to see more before jumping on the hype train this time around.

Last edited:
Edit: Mihoyo just announced a new character for Genshin (Kaedehara)
Did they only show that one Character? I've tried to find it in the Stream but wasn't able yet to find it. There are already more Characters known that will come to the Game and it seems weird to me that the next big Area will be released in one of the next Updates (unless it was already released in 1.6 and I've just missed it somehow) but they don't show anything of it.

Your a PZ player with the ability to customize and be as creative as the game allows
I think JWE was never meant to be like a Planet game, it has a different purpose, the managment and all the process to start with a fossil and revive the dinos. I've played it for barely two hours and i quote everything you said, for me it's boring and i felt the lack of the customization for the habitats, but maybe this is how the game is supposed to work.
Maybe there were directives to follow, who knows.
Imo there will be some updates to the habitats in general with new dinos and bla bla bla, but i don't expect the full creativity from the Planet games, but it's early to know that 🤷‍♂️ .

Top Bottom