New app on steam - next DLC is here soon!

I did see on Sdanwolf Twitter feed the game promises more customization. But how much? Looking at the screenshots it looks eerily similar to the first. So is customization once again like zoo tycoon Xbox where you can add very minimal?

I won’t deny that for the most part. But do you seem interested in the same game (I’m sure gameplay is improved) but it does appear to be the same for the most part. Your a PZ player with the ability to customize and be as creative as the game allows do you see your self hyped about this? @NL_Mutso I respect anyone who wishes to buy this for sure but if it’s the same game with updated graphics and more dinosaurs it’s not for me that’s all. As I mentioned a planet aquarium would be new and generate a lot of buzz imo. I know jwe has a massive following but I’ll wait to see more before jumping on the hype train this time around.
I'm not going to praise or condemn a game based on a cinematic game trailer and a few screenshots. Tbh, we've got barely info on the game and more will be known in the upcoming months.
When we see the first in-game footage and Devs actually playing & showing the game/features, that's when it gets more interesting.

Personally more "concerned" in which state the game will be released. I think Frontier releases games/DLC/updates with too many bugs in the beginning.

I did see on Sdanwolf Twitter feed the game promises more customization.
I've just saw the tweet, fresh building to construct, it seems promising, but again they point to managment first and construction second, but it seems that it will be better at least, only time and new info will tell us. For now i'm happy they announced it, nothing else.

I can agree with the bug problem. Far cry from the old days when companies weren’t as rushed to bring out their products quite as fast. For jwe I only played on console which seemed pretty stable tbh. Like I said tho I’ll keep my word for sure if the game is much improved and lives up to the hype I’ll admit it for sure. So I guess will see more in the next few weeks.

@Urufu1997, well it was an opening event, and apart from JWE2, it was almost depressing to watch, considering how big Genshin is, maybe there will be some announcements in the main event, or they just don't want to spoil the full next update to the players :unsure: .

@Urufu1997, well it was an opening event, and apart from JWE2, it was almost depressing to watch, considering how big Genshin is, maybe there will be some announcements in the main event, or they just don't want to spoil the full next update to the players :unsure: .
When will the Main Event be? Is there something like a List of when they'll stream?
Edit: maybe someone should rename this Thread to Summer Game Fest Discussion Thread😂

Aviaries in JWE2 looks like they are customizable (twisted metal beam remind me customizable rails in Planet Zoo).
If it’s the case (and not just a Pteranodon exhibit where the flying creature make an animation loop...), it would mean that Frontier knows how to create customizable aviaries with flying animal to live there best life in there. So maybe it will be use on Aviary DLC for Planet Zoo :eek:

Aviaries in JWE2 looks like they are customizable (twisted metal beam remind me customizable rails in Planet Zoo).
If it’s the case (and not just a Pteranodon exhibit where the flying creature make an animation loop...), it would mean that Frontier knows how to create customizable aviaries with flying animal to live there best life in there. So maybe it will be use on Aviary DLC for Planet Zoo :eek:
JWE2 have a lot of foliage and scenery from PZ. JWE2 is just bringing game to PZ standards it seems.

Alright, now we have PC Gaming Show next Sunday I think. Frontier is in it too. That, could be just another game, and hopefully next Tuesday we get some update here.

It seems like this bodes well for the possibility of flying birds, and possibly even aquariums, in PZ. At least on the mechanical side of being able to figure it out.

Of course, there's the separate question of where they put resources and how long they make the lifespan versus cycling through new games/versions. But just on the mechanics side, it seems like something we now know they can do.

Some guy from 4chan was leaking jwe2 stuff while ago and seems he got everything right. Then flying mechanic in jwe2 is fully working and archeopteryx is coming. So true flying birds are very very close.
We won't know that for sure until we see it in action.

Well If there are going to be birds, be it fully flying or via aviaries, my bet is it will be the last DLC of this year.

I am thinking the same as most people:
1. Africa
2. North America
3. Birds at the end of the year just as with Aquatic pack

Then if we are lucky, few more packs in 2022 (potentionally animal packs to beef up the animal numbers before winding it down).

Last edited:
Then if we are lucky, few more packs in 2022 (potentionally animal packs to beef up the animal numbers before winding it down).
I doubt this will be the last year of Planet Zoo, but I don't expect things to carry on past Dec 2022. I'm not sure about North America, though - part of me suspects an Endangered Species Animal Pack will be on the cards to fill a few holes.

I am thinking the same as most people:
1. Africa
2. North America
3. Birds at the end of the year just as with Aquatic pack
I agree, I think this is the most likely roadmap we can think of. I'm very excited for the North American pack, probably the one I want most out of these 3 DLC🤞🤞

Top Bottom