New born animal died of old age

I was playing my franchise zoo. One of my African elephants gave birth. Very soon after i got a notification that an animal died. It was the newborn. 0.0 years of age. Cause of death was old age..

Link to picture

Hello, was it an inbred animal?

Maybe something has been changed if it is not a mistake.
So that inbred animals, depending on the degree, can also die after birth ?!

Hello, was it an inbred animal?

Maybe something has been changed if it is not a mistake.
So that inbred animals, depending on the degree, can also die after birth ?!

Nope, no inbreeding whatsoever. I checked, just now just to be sure. But i never inbreed if i can help it. The bull had another young with my 2nd female, and that baby is fine..
So i honestly don't know why it died and why of old age of all things?
I mean, i wouldn't be mad if birth defects and other illnesses related to young animals and birth etc were implemented, but they aren't. So the baby had no reason to die whatsoever.

It's a stretch, but I have seen someone post getting a 13cm tall zebra since the update, and perhaps whatever caused that weirdness with the size gene making an unreasonably small zebra could cause weirdness with the longevity gene to cause an unreasonably young "old age" for your elephant. Just a wild guess though.

Well, not a newborn, but I just had this Panda die at 7,4 years old.... and yeah, I am a tad bitter about it, as he was a gold albino and important for my panda breeding program😢
I wonder for how many of my animals that already happend to, but I didnt notice, because I do not care for them as much?🤔 Maybe he was the first, though and hopefully the last. I rather would have wanted the mini animal bug😞
20200413181132_1.jpg

That's so sad!

I've had other animals born in my zoo and so far, none have died. Knocks on wood

So I'll just.. headcanon and blame Mom elephant for being inexperienced or birth complications as a reason for the elephant baby death?

Well, what can I say? Something like that happened again to me... This time a 22 years old elephant died off "old age"
I just brought her over from another zoo, basically as soon as she was outside the box she died. She was perfectly healthy and not injured...
20200519151528_1.jpg

With her longevity gene she should have reached 60 at the very least (but probaly could have gotten older than that)
20200519151949_1.jpg

At least it never happend to my newborns, I guess 😅

Top Bottom